Scottish Cup

Why not make more than 250 if you know they'll sell out?

Because they were left with about 80 from the fraserburgh game when they ordered more. I know 250 will sell out but 350 pushes it a bit. When I said get one early above it's because some folk will take them on a whim but if you want to be sure then just try and get one in the club before the game or be there 10 minutes before kick off.

I work on our monthly magazine and ib know how many we sell to our own folk. Judging how many will come with the opposition is the difficult bit. There wasn't a huge crowd down from fraserburgh. And I don't know what sort of following Star normally take for these games.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes - it went to the printer this evening. I think they're ordering about 250 so grab one fast as I think these will sell

Because they were left with about 80 from the fraserburgh game when they ordered more. I know 250 will sell out but 350 pushes it a bit. When I said get one early above it's because some folk will take them on a whim but if you want to be sure then just try and get one in the club before the game or be there 10 minutes before kick off.

I work on our monthly magazine and ib know how many we sell to our own folk. Judging how many will come with the opposition is the difficult bit. There wasn't a huge crowd down from fraserburgh. And I don't know what sort of following Star normally take for these games.

Cheers HTG, look forward to a read of it.

As for the Star following i am not to sure. Last time they played there was a supporters bus but not this time. Think there are supporters going up on the team bus but no idea how many supporters, parents, wags, lovers or boyfriends are travelling independantly. Might break 50.

Just out of interest what sort of crowd are Linlithgow expecting? Last week's local paper down here said 1500-2000, which suprised me.

As for the Star following i am not to sure. Last time they played there was a supporters bus but not this time. Think there are supporters going up on the team bus but no idea how many supporters, parents, wags, lovers or boyfriends are travelling independantly. Might break 50.

Just out of interest what sort of crowd are Linlithgow expecting? Last week's local paper down here said 1500-2000, which suprised me.

There's no chance of 1500 - 2000. Particularly if Dalbeattie don't have buses coming. We took the equivalent of just over 3 buses plus team bus and a pile of boys in cars on overnight stays to Fraserburgh and the crowd was 499. I think we got about 800 for the replay. I can't see it being much more than that to be honest.

Has the support dwindled since the setting up of the lowland league ?

Better be.on Scotty. I'm on my way over in morning.

Still raining here so what we get will reach Gretna 2-3 hours later.

High hopes as we have great pitch.

We haven't had a decent rainfall in weeks so lets the hope the park is able to soak it up easily, Pitch forks at the ready!!!

Most of today's ties went roughly as I expected for the LL contingent.

I thought City would edge Auchinleck Talbot and suspected that Threave would get a tanking in Methil while Star would lose by 2 or 3 at a very capable Linlithgow Rose (ultimate margin was 4 courtesy a late goal).

Spartans v EK had the look of a close tie with a replay a distinct possibility, and so it proved.

I had hoped Whitehill might have been able to get a win or a draw v East Stirlingshire, and maybe even Gretna battled say a replay with Queen's Park, so a real shame for both to lose 0-1... in Gretna's case off a late late goal. Commiserations to both. It's exceptionally hard to beat an SPFL team... normally only 1 or 2 Scottish League clubs lose v non-leaguers each season. Today was no exception, only Elgin's 0-0 draw blotting their copybook.

And good luck to Stirling Uni tomorrow v A£bion Rovr$.

A battling performance from us this afternoon but it wasn't to be. Queens Park dominated the match to be fair but rarely tested our keeper, i think we put a shot onto our own bar & there goal was a cracker but we handled much of what they throught at us. We were poor first half but once we brought Wonga on and went 2 up top we looked more dangerous.

It might be a bit of a cliche but oncemore i thought the referee was atrocious! Some of his decisions were horrific, we lost just about every 50/50 challenge especially in the 2nd half, Greeny our keeper was taken out with an elbow imo totally cleaned out on the deck the ref gave the foul but no booking!

All in all we weren't quite up to there standards but proud of the lads & we've enjoyed our first run in the scottish cup, would it be too much to ask for as well for more of the locals to attend the league games as well? Probably be back to normal attendances from now on which is annoying.

On the negative side the actions of the Queens Park No 10 after their winner was disgraceful, decided not to go and celebrate at the other side of the pitch with his teammates instead coming over to where we were stood to shout "get it fucking up you" and Comeoooonnn!! to us all! for a Scottish League player i thought that was pretty poor and unprofessional, Edinburgh City's Allum was sent off for a lot less a fortnight ago!

I am disappointed that we lost a goal in injury but no complaints about the result. I felt we looked a lot better when we took the game to them. Good luck to Queen's Park in the 3rd Round.

However my mood lightened when I saw the result from Meadowbank. Well done City, you did us proud. That result will silence a few voices from the those who choose to stay outwith the pyramid.

Archived