Scottish Cup

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smacked him on the back of the head.

The Gala player's left hand clearly makes contact with the head of Graham. Devlin didn't look too surprised to see the red card.

Rewound it several times and cannot see a smack ? I think Devlins reaction deserves credit as he showed composure and maturity as many others would have gone daft getting a red for that!

His hand definitely made contact with the head regardless how hard it was (what determines a smack?). He gave the ref a decision to make and the ref called it the way he saw it. If Devlin had just stood back and did nothing, the ref would have probably booked Graham anyway.

If it is deemed to be too harsh a punishment for a slight push there is some excellent video evidence to lodge an appeal. Would interesting to see the outcome.

His hand definitely made contact with the head regardless how hard it was (what determines a smack?). He gave the ref a decision to make and the ref called it the way he saw it. If Devlin had just stood back and did nothing, the ref would have probably booked Graham anyway.

If it is deemed to be too harsh a punishment for a slight push there is some excellent video evidence to lodge an appeal. Would interesting to see the outcome.

I'd have thought gala would be definitely doing that. Understand the 'gave the refs decision to make' chat but IMO the decision was a speaking to or a yellow- and I'm a qualified ref.

I'd have thought gala would be definitely doing that. Understand the 'gave the refs decision to make' chat but IMO the decision was a speaking to or a yellow- and I'm a qualified ref.

I totally agree, at worst there is a slight push but no swing or swipe of the arm and Devlin was only trying to get to the ball so that he could get on with the game, maybe he should have begged the Gretna player to let him have ball ?I dont think even if you were the most famous ref in the world that you convince those with Gretna goggles on that it was not a correct decision!

Nothing to do with Gretna goggles. You yourself said there was "at worst there was a slight push". In the view of the ref that mattered, that slight push on the head of an opponent merited a red. I have not said anywhere that it was the correct decision but I can understand it. Perhaps your Gala goggles are reading things that are not there.

If Gala feel an injustice has been done, they can appeal the decision. Although sarcasm may yet win the argument, you never know.

Just watched the sending off on Youtube. If that makes you fall over holding your head then the poor wee soul should never leave his house. Can you imagine him in a busy shopping centre or anywhere there is a crowd? Very embarrassing. However good win for Gretna if somewhat fortunate, but that's just going by 3 minute highlights which can be misleading.

Just watched the sending off on Youtube. If that makes you fall over holding your head then the poor wee soul should never leave his house. Can you imagine him in a busy shopping centre or anywhere there is a crowd? Very embarrassing. However good win for Gretna if somewhat fortunate, but that's just going by 3 minute highlights which can be misleading.

If I was a team playing against Gretna, I'd make sure I spoke to the ref about his 'antics' just to sow the seed that he's a a play actor- try to keep it in the refs mind. I hope teams do and I hope he gets very little as a result because as a full grown adult I find this sort of thing as very embarrassing.

Will be interesting be in a few weeks time when Gretna come to Gala as to what kind of atmosphere there will be as not only did that player make a fool of himself but so did several of the Gretna fans who can clearly be seen in the clip waving imaginary red cards and shouting off to the ref ! I think Galas famous warm hospitality may just be a wee bit cooler than normal !

Will be interesting be in a few weeks time when Gretna come to Gala as to what kind of atmosphere there will be as not only did that player make a fool of himself but so did several of the Gretna fans who can clearly be seen in the clip waving imaginary red cards and shouting off to the ref ! I think Galas famous warm hospitality may just be a wee bit cooler than normal !

Never...get the Stovies on for us...

Pot / Kettle

I 100% agree it was soft, but some of the shouts and action from 'some' Gala fans were embarrassing, not least 1 certain member of the committee.

Keep your heads up you were unlucky, there's always next year

Pot / KettleI 100% agree it was soft, but some of the shouts and action from 'some' Gala fans were embarrassing, not least 1 certain member of the committee.Keep your heads up you were unlucky, there's always next year

The biggest shout of all seems to be a cry to send him off from what I can hear rocky :D

'Yeah, pretty poor fall to the ground by our player.
Though he is only 16 so he will get better with a bit of practice.'

He's actually almost 18 so should be able to fall over better than that.

He is also prone to lets say 'leave his foot in' on many occasions & is not shy of a reckless challenge himself.

'Yeah, pretty poor fall to the ground by our player.

Though he is only 16 so he will get better with a bit of practice.'

He's actually almost 18 so should be able to fall over better than that.

He is also prone to lets say 'leave his foot in' on many occasions & is not shy of a reckless challenge himself.

Type of player I despise. All too happy to put the boot in but cry like a bairn when it happens to them. If you dish it out you have to take it- maybe that's the old school in me.

Wish players were bigger and better than that but that'll never happen.

The biggest shout of all seems to be a cry to send him off from what I can hear rocky :D

Not just at that flashpoint Newky, all game and afterwards.

Their secretary moved out of the directors box in 2nd half, probably due to getting his ear drum burst and being embarrassed.

Crucifying a 17 year old boy playing his 3rd game in senior football. Mature

I'm sure he'll learn from the whole scenario and flourish into a top player.

Archived