Scottish Cup

And so it proved, the BUs win 4-0 at Selkirk including two goals in the last 15 mins so the full-time training doesn't seem to be helping much, but Whitehill Welfare managed to beat Girvan 3-1 based on what's on thejuniors.info so far.

I would hazard that the score today is a hell of a lot better than it would have been in a similar fixture last year. Selkirk were outclassed for most of the match but it was not all over until the third goal went in. Bo'ness played well, but perhaps well within their potential. Seemed a decent sized crowd.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Courtesy of LL website

Saturday 13th September 2014

William Hill Scottish Cup, First Round

Selkirk 0-4 Bo’ness United (SJFA)
Gretna 2008 2-1 Gala Fairydean Rovers
Preston Athletic 1-2 Threave Rovers
Edinburgh City 2-1 Coldstream (EOSFL)
Lothian Thistle HV (EOSFL) 0-1 East Kilbride
Golspie Sutherland (NCFL) 1-4 Dalbeattie Star
Whitehill Welfare 3-1 Girvan (SJFA)

Scottish YES Lowland League

BSC Glasgow 2-3 University of Stirling
Vale of Leithen 3-2 Edinburgh University

Image Printers East of Scotland Qualifying Cup, Second Round

Burntisland Shipyard (EOSFL) 0-7 Spartans

I would hazard that the score today is a hell of a lot better than it would have been in a similar fixture last year. Selkirk were outclassed for most of the match but it was not all over until the third goal went in. Bo'ness played well, but perhaps well within their potential. Seemed a decent sized crowd.

In fairness the full time lads are also the youngsters am I right? Majority being the youth team/under 20 players. But it was always going to be an uphill battle for Selkirk, congrats to BU!

And good luck and congrats to all the LL teams who made it through!

Relief at Gretna winning 2-1.

Though we had about 70% possession Gala probably had the better goal scoring opportunites.

Gala down to ten men during the first half with a straight red.

Didn't make too much difference to them.

Well organised defence I thought.

Took a Dean Rea header to win with about 12 minutes remaining.

Glad to see it as I couldn't have made it over for a replay.

Now I shall gladly let the friendly folk in Raydale pour loads of beer down my throat.

Now I shall gladly let the friendly folk in Raydale pour loads of beer down my throat.

Well if you hurry back down to Raydale, I'll gladly oblige.

Typical cup tie today, thoroughly enjoyed it and glad to be in the 2nd round draw.

And so it proved, the BUs win 4-0 at Selkirk including two goals in the last 15 mins so the full-time training doesn't seem to be helping much,

Tbf I actually went along to the game as I'd been in Kelso earlier in the day, and it was not a fitness issue at the end. Selkirk were brittle defensively all afternoon and at 2-0 and 30 mins left they (quite rightly) made an attacking change to go for it, but in doing risked being even more vulnerable at the back and they were. At 3-0 it was game-over, to their credit they actually put 2 more attackers in looking for a consolation, but got stung again.

I saw them twice last season, and they're vastly improved outwith the back 4. Still, as I expected, a distance to go to reach the Bo'ness sort of level.

Looking at today's results for LL clubs overall, they all went to form except perhapsr EK with their win at Saughton.

Lothian Thistle HV are the class act in the EOS and beat them away in an EOS Qualifying Cup tie last month. As such as good result for EK.

Relief at Gretna winning 2-1.

Though we had about 70% possession Gala probably had the better goal scoring opportunites.

Gala down to ten men during the first half with a straight red.

Didn't make too much difference to them.

Well organised defence I thought.

Took a Dean Rea header to win with about 12 minutes remaining.

Glad to see it as I couldn't have made it over for a replay.

Do you know who it was that was sent off for Gala and why as I cant see anything about it on Galas twitter etc. ?

And so it proved, the BUs win 4-0 at Selkirk including two goals in the last 15 mins so the full-time training doesn't seem to be helping much, but Whitehill Welfare managed to beat Girvan 3-1 based on what's on thejuniors.info so far.

yes ww beat girvan 3-1 when on another day it could easily have been 13.

the girvan keeper had some outstanding saves.

end of day happy to be in next round whether 1-0 or 10-0

home tie please :)

Whitletts Vics rattled 11 past them a few weeks back, so was surprised by the lack of goals. Girvan are said to be really struggling at the moment financially with a very young team after the manager and and a lot of the squad they had last year left after a decent junior cup run. One more season and they'll no doubt be gone from the competition.

Do you know who it was that was sent off for Gala and why as I cant see anything about it on Galas twitter etc. ?

Gala not famous for reporting things they dinnae like. It was only grudgingly they admitted they'd been howked by Selkirk the week afore and never got round to posting a match report, whereas when they win.... It's a shame as potentially it's a huge club for the Borders but there's still a wee bit Borders Ams about their set up and (some!) fans.

Whitletts Vics rattled 11 past them a few weeks back, so was surprised by the lack of goals. Girvan are said to be really struggling at the moment financially with a very young team after the manager and and a lot of the squad they had last year left after a decent junior cup run. One more season and they'll no doubt be gone from the competition.

I was at the game, most comfortable victory you are likely to see, I know it was only 3-1 but never ever in doubt... Girvan worked hard but they were no better than a Hawick royal Albert or even an amateur level team! Could and probably should have been 8 or 9

Archived