Scottish Cup

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree 100% Result of the day, the week and the season so far . Edinburgh University have provided total credibility for our league. To date lots of opinions about Juniors/ vs Lowland relative strengths , maybe some eyes have been opened, Also well done to Edinburgh City vs Highland League opposition, Tight game with Gala edging Vale. All round very good day for SLFL.

Thanks for perspective. Holding the current holders of the Scottish Junior Cup to a draw at their own pitch has to be arguably the best performance ever by a club from the SLFL. Looking forward to the replay (wherever it is).

Great result for the Uni today.

Whitehill held Stirling Albion to a 2-2 draw at Forthbank as a LL side last year.

I have been to two matches at the Pennypit this season and the pitch has been very good. One of the strengths of the Lowland League is the quality of the pitches. They are assessed at every match by the referee and if they are not up to standard the club can lose its licence.

i was up 2 weeks ago and seethrough is right, it was fucking shocking, just saying

Thanks for perspective. Holding the current holders of the Scottish Junior Cup to a draw at their own pitch has to be arguably the best performance ever by a club from the SLFL. Looking forward to the replay (wherever it is).

Fair enough. Edinburgh City were in the East of Scotland League when they drew with Shotts at Hannah Park in 2011/12.

Passed by Peffermill the other night and it's taking shape- lights, dug outs, fence round pitch.....

Anyway, I hope the Yooni charge down the slope and do them in the replay!

The Pennypit pitch is quite, shall we say, verdant...

post-12982-0-67821100-1408236383.jpg

damn penalty spot is around here somewhere...

Passed by Peffermill the other night and it's taking shape- lights, dug outs, fence round pitch.....

Anyway, I hope the Yooni charge down the slope and do them in the replay!

The Pennypit pitch is quite, shall we say, verdant...

jungle.jpg

damn penalty spot is around here somewhere...

Not any more Tam ... was at the Preston v Star game on Wednesday and the lawn mower has been moved down a few notches. Park looked quite good from the side.

The surface is really bad don't know why the don't take care of it! The rugby pitches 40 yards away are in beter nic! They have never had pride in there pitch down there.

Agree with seethrough on this one. Seems a case of get things done and tick the box for the licence then to hell with it.

Agree with seethrough on this one. Seems a case of get things done and tick the box for the licence then to hell with it.

dont want to criticise any clubs given it takes a lot of hard working committees behind the scenes and certain clubs are still not licensed but last time i was there it was a battle to avoid the pigeon droppings and broken seats as well as a certain form of male contraception :whistle:lol:

much prefer standing at the fitba anyways :rolleyes:

dont want to criticise any clubs given it takes a lot of hard working committees behind the scenes and certain clubs are still not licensed but last time i was there it was a battle to avoid the pigeon droppings and broken seats as well as a certain form of male contraception :whistle:lol:

much prefer standing at the fitba anyways :rolleyes:

Don't want to do that either, but it seems to me some have gained a licence by getting things done for the inspection but then haven't followed through with stuff. Pennypit a prime example and a pretty apt name!

Pitches are specifically assessed (by refs).

And licensing inspections recur annually - they're not one-off, permanent awards.

I know that but they don't just turn up at the ground unannounced. IMO Preston is different every time you go- they aren't consistently operating at licence level-, only when the national press or cup finals are held there. The grass at times has been so long that the warm up cones have bit been visible above it!

I know that but they don't just turn up at the ground unannounced. IMO Preston is different every time you go- they aren't consistently operating at licence level-, only when the national press or cup finals are held there. The grass at times has been so long that the warm up cones have bit been visible above it!

Is not out with Person's control? I thought it was a council maintained pitch. I know it looked good at the end of last season but when you walked on it, it was very uneven. Needed a good going over with a roller.

The pitch at penny pit is absolutely dreadful!! Hundreds of public parks have better surfaces, been down a few times when the grass has been up at the ankles! Horrible horrible pitch

played on it last wed-night best it's been for a long time interesting to see if it's consistently kept in this condition? Terrible slope though!!!!

played on it last wed-night best it's been for a long time interesting to see if it's consistently kept in this condition? Terrible slope though!!!!

That's my issue- it's not. I know there are inevitably times when a teams pitch will not be in the best nick, bad weather etc but it's genuinely roll a dice time at pennypit to see what the pitch is like.

And there are other teams who rely on the council to maintain the surface but they don't seem to have the same problem with the grass length

Archived