Salmond vs Darling: Round 2 (25th Aug)

Quentin Taranbino

They are dreadful. It's almost as if they're trying to lose.

Which they will.

Tick tock.

I actually can't believe how bad they've been, even now they send out all the minions to utter an almost identical narrative about the debate, the people watching witnessed what happened, telling them otherwise just turns more and more people against them, why on earth are they that blind that they just don't see that?

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the day a chunk of Scottish commerce says the case has not been made; here we are agreeing that the SG has info on potential business costs for Scottish businesses it is not willing to disclose; presumably as it is not politically beneficial.

Do suppose any of these signatories where staunch unionists by any chance? Bet most of them have done a bit of lobbying in their time.

I actually can't believe how bad they've been, even now they send out all the minions to utter an almost identical narrative about the debate, the people watching witnessed what happened, telling them otherwise just turns more and more people against them, why on earth are they that blind that they just don't see that?

They are banking on people being stupid. Good job Yes has swathes of people on the ground removing blinkers.

They are banking on people being stupid. Good job Yes has swathes of people on the ground removing blinkers.

It is indeed, it is very hard work though as believe me, there is a whole lot of stupid out there.

The Scotsman is reporting that Bitter Together is making a formal complaint to the BBC about their bias in the questions that were put forward.

You know it's bad when the Bitters are targeting an organisation which has been pretty much on their side since the beginning of the campaign.

Really? You got to be kidding right? How have the Scotsman protrayed it?

Apart from the "If we're better together, why are we not better together now" I don't think there were any questions, that were unanswerable by one side or the other - if they knew the answer, which fortunately for us Darling failed completely on.

Sorry it's the Herald, not the Scotsman: http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/better-together-makes-complaint-to-the-bbc.25159337

Now the Daily Mail ( :D) is getting in on the act: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2735235/Row-Scotland-debate-rent-mob-BBC-accused-bias-viewers-complained-independence-supporters-allowed-challenge-Alistair-Darling.html

Some of the comments in the DM article are quite funny; Labour and Conservative bigwigs are all claiming that this debate was rubbish and that the previous one was much better and that it was clearly rigged.

They have clearly been reading the Derek Adams' "Big Book of Dealing with Defeat".

The Scotsman is reporting that Bitter Together is making a formal complaint to the BBC about their bias in the questions that were put forward.

You know it's bad when the Bitters are targeting an organisation which has been pretty much on their side since the beginning of the campaign.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/dead-ringers/

Thon shouty p***k from last night's debate.

I got as far as the second sentence before laughing.

Quite literally couldn't have a poorer understanding of what the challenges of a currency union are. "The Scottish people want it, therefore it needs to happen". lolwut.

That would mean it would happen. Whether or not it was a formal or informal currency union would be another matter.

That would mean it would happen. Whether or not it was a formal or informal currency union would be another matter.

Eh, there's no such thing as an informal currency union

You really are a champion pedant. You remind me of Mr Logic from Viz.

He's not being a pedant though.

It's either CU with agreement or sterlingisation if using the pound without agreement.

Personally, if there were an iScotland, I would not choose either option. An iCurrency is still the only long-term solution.

Archived