Salmond vs Darling: Round 2 (25th Aug)

Quentin Taranbino

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course I was watching. No one can stop us using the pound is old news and is completely different from we will use the pound regardless. I suspect you know that but it doesn't suit to admit it.

Again, you expect implicitness from one side and expect that despite the other side refusing to enter into the debate. I don't believe you are being fair.

Re your second point - what vote is required ? Both labour and conservative have said it's not happening and as far as I can see they have the power to do this.

As I say, their position is unsustainable in a post Yes world. Those are the facts, and those behind the scenes have admitted that there would need to be debate if we vote for independence.

Anyone listening to BBC 5 Live phone in? it's awful

Someone just phoned up and said she hopes we don't give Salmond the pound, and if we don't how many millions will it cost to replace coin and fruit machines

:lol:

I switched it over, I suspect we're going to be listening to loads of loonies without a vote.

I'm finally on the YES side. Watched the debate tonight and I'm not sure why Darling turned up, he didn't really have a point. Dodging questions and shouting over Salmond. What an embarrassment.

It's not as scary as you've been led to believe.

Anyone listening to BBC 5 Live phone in? it's awful

Someone just phoned up and said she hopes we don't give Salmond the pound, and if we don't how many millions will it cost to replace coin and fruit machines

:lol:

Yeah, the English have been fed very little info on the matter just second hand fear mongering so while we think that we haven't had enough clear facts you get some utter randomness from those in rUK.

From experience I have found a lot of anger towards us for having certain things like free health care, student fees, etc, and think that they subsidise us and that we are just whingers having the temerity to go it alone.

Listening to 5 live as well.

The levels of arrogance and ignorance are astounding.

It's a farce, it just shows how ignorance they are not only to Scotland but to the reason why people are voting yes

As I say, their position is unsustainable in a post Yes world. Those are the facts, and those behind the scenes have admitted that there would need to be debate if we vote for independence.

Source please as these are the kind of things I'm interested in learning about before the vote

Disgusted by the Labour parties part on this campaign. I feel that they want Scots to reject independence to keep the Scottish MP,s in Westminster , otherwise the Tories will rule in England indefinitely. A definite YES from me!!

Source please as these are the kind of things I'm interested in learning about before the vote

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/pro-union-campaign-in-crisis-after-minister-admits-currency-union-ban-was-a-bluff.23823233

There have been quite a few "leaks" from behind the scenes which have had to be quickly hushed up.

My opinion that it'll be a No vote hasn't changed that much but still an incredibly pleasing night. All the Unionists who just couldn't help themselves and broke their "it doesn't matter anyway" stance to thrash their maggots last time are completely silent; the media admitting victory for Salmond with the most gritted of teeth, Darling humiliating himself; hearing my soft no/undecided flat mate rip apart the Unionist arguments one by one, with little encouragement.

Most likely a temporary enjoyment but still most pleasing.

The Daily Mail coverage has me positively throbbing as well:

Aggressive Salmond crushes Darling in second independence debate throwing future of the union into doubt

patrick-bateman.gif

pleasing.jpg

Disgusted by the Labour parties part on this campaign. I feel that they want Scots to reject independence to keep the Scottish MP,s in Westminster , otherwise the Tories will rule in England indefinitely. A definite YES from me!!

Naw. Keep your punctuation in Scotland ;)

My opinion that it'll be a No vote hasn't changed that much but still an incredibly pleasing night. All the Unionists who just couldn't help themselves and broke their "it doesn't matter anyway" stance to thrash their maggots last time are completely silent; the media admitting victory for Salmond with the most gritted of teeth, Darling humiliating himself; hearing my soft no/undecided flat mate rip apart the Unionist arguments one by one, with little encouragement.

Most likely a temporary enjoyment but still most pleasing.

The Daily Mail coverage has me positively throbbing as well:

Aggressive Salmond crushes Darling in second independence debate throwing future of the union into doubt

patrick-bateman.gif

pleasing.jpg

the comments

Falcom, Cambridge, moments ago

The Scottish have got the leader they deserve - an ignorant, nasty power hungry clown who will do and say absolutely anything to grab himself the power and riches he lusts. The fact that this glorified double glazing salesman has managed to pull the wool over the entire nation says everything you need to know about the country. Scotland is an absolute embarrassment and whatever the voting outcome it shall be playing no part in the future of our country.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2734085/Independence-debate-round-two-Salmond-admits-plan-B-pound-jumps-admission-Darling-independent-Scotland-sterling.html#ixzz3BRxb17dM

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

the comments

Falcom, Cambridge, moments ago

The Scottish have got the leader they deserve - an ignorant, nasty power hungry clown who will do and say absolutely anything to grab himself the power and riches he lusts. The fact that this glorified double glazing salesman has managed to pull the wool over the entire nation says everything you need to know about the country. Scotland is an absolute embarrassment and whatever the voting outcome it shall be playing no part in the future of our country.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2734085/Independence-debate-round-two-Salmond-admits-plan-B-pound-jumps-admission-Darling-independent-Scotland-sterling.html#ixzz3BRxb17dM

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

There is moisture.

Based off the last few elections, the only election we've had any effect on was the last one, as without our vote it would have given the Tories a majority in Westminster. Essentially, what people vote for south of Lincoln is what they get. Yes there would be more conservative governments down south if Scotland became independent, but it's a myth to think it would be a one party state.

Archived