Salmond vs Darling: Round 2 (25th Aug)

Quentin Taranbino

It's depressing to say the least that some people are willing to let Labour back into power in a post yes Scotland. It's like having a friend who you were once friendly with who then started shitting in your sink and after repeatedly telling them not to and them continuing to do so you ban them from visiting you, then after a week you say, "hey, why don't you visit any more?"

"Scottish" Labour made a point of playing petty politics when they lost the Lib/Lab pact power at Holyrood to the SNP even though the political gamesmanship even if it wasn't in the best interests of the Scottish people. They have shown themselves more than happy to cut of their nose to spite their face. They have been found guilty of ideologically campaigning against the wishes of their own electorate. Why on Earth would you be so fucking daft as to let them back into power?

In a post independent Scotland I would prefer the Tories in power before I would Labour (or Liberals for that matter) as at least you know that the Tories will be up front about screwing you, Labour (or Liberals) will do so but behind your back.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry but the guy has made no statements that his choice is anything to do with rangers being his team. your constant dragging up of rangers to the debate is embarrassing in all honesty. there is a thread called the bralt where you can discuss all things rangers till yer blue in the face if you like, pardon the pun.

That's ridiculous. You don't know me at all and if you did you'd realise that such a suggestion is ludicrous. We don't agree on the debate but that doesn't mean my reasons for doing so are based on football as you suggest. Like me saying the polls on here are so biased towards yes due to the chip on the shoulder the tartan army have about England.

I remember about a year ago he said tongue in cheek he was an English Rangers supporting Unionist on a thread. Just saying like..

Wow

Well never gonna change his mind no matter what argument was presented to him, its the same with other folk on here including yourself, you try and give your reasons and say you dont have answers to things and then when you get them you just dismiss them down to being a Sevco fan. 1 or 2 mates like this, they have NO reason as to why we are Better Together but will still vote NO regardless.

Same story over on The Tartan Army board as well.

Noticed that too..

Just go and read Rangers fans forum. Shocking.

Its ashame that so much of their fanbase are complete morons, sing songs about things they probably have no idea about and jump on the NI/Unionist/Orange Walks/Im a proddy bandwagon pish just because of Rangers?

:1eye

Feel sorry for the Rangers fans that have more than a half a brain and arent brainwashed bigoted sheep.

Noticed that too..

Just go and read Rangers fans forum. Shocking.

Its ashame that so much of their fanbase are complete morons, sing songs about things they probably have no idea about and jump on the NI/Unionist/Orange Walks/Im a proddy bandwagon pish just because of Rangers?

:1eye

Feel sorry for the Rangers fans that have more than a half a brain and arent brainwashed bigoted sheep.

Honestly mate your contestant banging on about rangers is getting a bit tedious to say the least. See if you don't like what people are saying then don't go onto forums where they are going to be spouting their views. Christ I could think of nothing worse than looking through talk celtic,kerrydale streets green brigade forums and reading their republican terrorist loving, anti British shite so I just simply avoid it.

Voting labour in an independent Scotland is absolutely fine by me. I'd welcome a centre/right option for folk to vote for. I'm not giving a f**k who takes power in an independent Scotland because whoever it is will be governing at the will of the Scottish people. That is what matters politically. All the shite about currency is irrelevant to me. We'll live through that and achieve a solution. Thereafter all that matters is Scotland decides what the shape of government is. Not Ukip and not Basildon type marginals.

I'm not giving a f**k who takes power in an independent Scotland because whoever it is will be governing at the will of the Scottish people.

Simply not true. "Scottish" Labour have proven they will lash out when they are beaten, even if it not in the interests of the Scottish people.

Why do people assume that they will suddenly be all friendly and cuddly? Are the blind?

Simply not true. "Scottish" Labour have proven they will lash out when they are beaten, even if it not in the interests of the Scottish people.

Why do people assume that they will suddenly be all friendly and cuddly? Are the blind?

Because if or when they do it will be for the people of Scotland to respond. Of course there is a perception that every politician is looking after themselves first and foremost - that won't change (although I don't believe it to be true anyway). But what will change is that Scotland will decide on the record of achievement. We have been the subject of repeated conservative governments since 1979 - with that arse Blair sandwiched in between. We never voted for any of them. Not once.

If Better Together means that we continue to get a government thrust upon us which - as a nation - we never voted for then I'll take my chances that the economics are resolvable within a relatively short period. I don't think for a minute that Scotland will not be a successful country - it will. But if the mongers of doom among the No campaign were right and we were to fall apart at the seams, living off tattie howking because the banks had all fucked off then I don't see that a basket-case on their doorstep is of any value to rUK at all. It certainly wasn't when Ireland took the hit - the UK were in like a flash because the last thing they needed was a significant trading partner collapsing. And the UK never took that action for any other reason than protection of its own interests. Whatever that lying turd Osborne has to say publicly he'll behave completely differently in the aftermath of a Yes vote. How could it be otherwise. At the moment he's hoping that continued repeating of the fear of the unknown and a vision of an apocalyptic aftermath will be enough to keep the Scots in line. There are plenty of Scots who believe in the United Kingdom as a matter of principle. But those who are just frightened to vote Yes or who justify voting No because they don't like Salmond should take a long look at themselves. Salmond is a transient figure in Scottish politics. He will leave a legacy whatever happens now but he's not going to be here for the long haul of 30 - 40 years down the line.

Voting labour in an independent Scotland is absolutely fine by me. I'd welcome a centre/right option for folk to vote for. I'm not giving a f**k who takes power in an independent Scotland because whoever it is will be governing at the will of the Scottish people. That is what matters politically. All the shite about currency is irrelevant to me. We'll live through that and achieve a solution. Thereafter all that matters is Scotland decides what the shape of government is. Not Ukip and not Basildon type marginals.

This.

I can't remember where I saw it, but do you think all those people who have suffered the pride-bashing reality of using a foodbank, or have been fucked over by ATOS, or who have been penalised by the bedroom tax give the slightest f**k about what the currency is?

As long as it's in their pocket and not Westminster's, it could be potatoes for all I care.

This.

I can't remember where I saw it, but do you think all those people who have suffered the pride-bashing reality of using a foodbank, or have been fucked over by ATOS, or who have been penalised by the bedroom tax give the slightest f**k about what the currency is?

As long as it's in their pocket and not Westminster's, it could be potatoes for all I care.

That's a great point; this currency stuff its just about what's on the coins or paper in your pocket and absolutely noting to do with the financial stability and the ability of the country to prioritise spending priorities.

That's a great point; this currency stuff its just about what's on the coins or paper in your pocket and absolutely noting to do with the financial stability and the ability of the country to prioritise spending priorities.

Hilarious :lol:

The UK is currently a total basket case on this issue

It is like the stories of folk refusing to leave the Titanic after it hitting the iceberg as they thought it unsinkable

"What me? Get into that wee lifeboat? Haha no chance"

http://www.debtbombshell.com/

tick tock.....or as in the above scenario glug glug

Quite ironic that the people that are arguing a "no" vote are all Rangers fans, funny that.

Same story over on The Tartan Army board as well.

Are you suggesting that to a man they haven't sat down and examined both options thoroughly, weighed up all the pros and cons of each proposition, spent a period in deep introspection and soul-searching in order to ask themselves which values are the most important to them regarding the type of country they want to live in, had a full and frank discussion with their friends and family, then come to a reasoned, considered decision while absent-mindedly polishing their gilt-framed portrait of the Queen?

Hilarious :lol:

The UK is currently a total basket case on this issue

It is like the stories of folk refusing to leave the Titanic after it hitting the iceberg as they thought it unsinkable

"What me? Get into that wee lifeboat? Haha no chance"

http://www.debtbombshell.com/

tick tock.....or as in the above scenario glug glug

Staggering hypocrisy - plan A is to absolutely remain part of this financial basket case as you put it.

So we want them to provide the basis of our economy and support our currency but if they refuse they are a basket case?

Staggering hypocrisy - plan A is to absolutely remain part of this financial basket case as you put it.

So we want them to provide the basis of our economy and support our currency but if they refuse they are a basket case?

No, we're looking for a currency union to provide a bit of stability for both sides while Scotland transforms itself into a strong and vibrant independent country.

Archived