Salmond vs Darling: Round 2 (25th Aug)

Quentin Taranbino

I love a bet, but the odds still haven't changed much mate despite such a ' resounding win' for AS in last night's shambles of a debate!!

Tick tock, Roberto...

Also, what is it with No voters and dreadful analogies that have nothing to do with the point? Not aimed at you Rob, just a "while I'm here" moment.

:)

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without wanting to start the sames arguments again, I don't think you can make the moral argument while also advocating NATO membership. The financial argument is the easiest one to make against Trident from the SG's current position.

From a personal point of view, I don't want Scotland as a member of NATO. i'd be very happy if we pulled out

Fill yer boots. A no vote wouldn't be bad for you either so don't worry

It wouldn't be bad for me, no. But I'm not voting for me.

I know that's an alien concept to No voters.

There are only so many undecideds to go around, and they didn't all decide last night just because Darling was blatantly unable to give an honest answer to any question.

If I were a Unionist I'd be shitting myself if the needle moved even a fraction over the course of a day. It's only moving one way.

MO - MEN - TUM!!!!

Of all the absolute garbage spouted by Yes supporters, this is absolutely the worst, and most obviously ludicrous canard.

It actually strengthens Scotland's negotiation position if they have a Plan B they can adopt should they not get what they want.

At the moment they would be going in to a negotiation with the other side knowing they are utterly screwed if they don't get a CU. Who exactly does that benefit in a negotiation? The side desperately begging for it, or the side who has the power to grant it or not?

Ah but are they? is it not ''with the other side thinking they are utterly screwed...''? ;)

Here's one to ponder - tens of thousands of people will not make their annual visit to RAF Leuchars Airshow in a few weeks...why? because the Tories have shut it down, and also shut down RAF Kinloss, Clyde Coastguard...

Basically, the Tories can shut down whatever they like in Scotland over say an English base as they know they only have one MP here. Such decisions will not harm them at the UK General Election ballot box....

Tick tock, Roberto...

Also, what is it with No voters and dreadful analogies that have nothing to do with the point? Not aimed at you Rob, just a "while I'm here" moment.

:)

I dunno mate, still away at the moment, so only seen the highlights on Sky News, I turned it off after 20 mins night and went down to a local bar, where the wi_fi connection is always sh*te so couldn't even follow the posts coming through on P&B. How that pantomime last night could have swung any DK's though is beyond me.! Said before on here that there should have been a different line up for round 2. But you lads seem happy, so fair enough.

I dunno mate, still away at the moment, so only seen the highlights on Sky News, I turned it off after 20 mins night and went down to a local bar, where the wi_fi connection is always sh*te so couldn't even follow the posts coming through on P&B. How that pantomime last night could have swung any DK's though is beyond me.! Said before on here that there should have been a different line up for round 2. But you lads seem happy, so fair enough.

What 20 minute portion did you watch?

Most of it was just Salmond thumping Darling around the stage, #prayfordarlingukok

It wouldn't be bad for future generations either, so don't worry :)

That's where our opinions differ. 1 in 5 kids in poverty, foodbanks, austerity, 4th most unequal country in the developed world and the biggest rich/ poor divide in Europe would seem to suggest otherwise.

As the audience member put it last night, if we're Better Together, why aren't we already?

That's where our opinions differ. 1 in 5 kids in poverty, foodbanks, austerity, 4th most unequal country in the developed world and the biggest rich/ poor divide in Europe would seem to suggest otherwise.

As the audience member put it last night, if we're Better Together, why aren't we already?

you dont half bang on about these food banks. tell me do you ever volunteer in one and help these people out or do you just like to bang on about them and use them as a point to express yor political views.

you dont half bang on about these food banks. tell me do you ever volunteer in one and help these people out or do you just like to bang on about them and use them as a point to express yor political views.

Not that it's any of your business, but I have contributed to local foodbanks on many, many occasions.

An awful lot of No voters with the word "blue" in their usernames. Funny that.

I find myself wondering if Obama or any other leader would sit back and let someone else front it if one of his states wanted to leave.

The Yankee Way has about as much humour towards "secession" as it does towards black, Muslim communists launching bombs the shape of Babe Ruth into Mount Rushmore.

I've had the independence for select US states ("You mean secession?" :o) conversation ("You mean secession?" :o) with various ("You mean secession?" :o) Americans of varied political leanings ("You mean secession?" :o) and world views ("You mean secession?" :o) over the years and ("You mean secession?" :o) the response has always been the same. Need to find me some Texan friends, I suppose.

Archived