Salmond vs Darling: Round 2 (25th Aug)

Quentin Taranbino

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has, he's said the pound, it's either pegged to the pound sterling or it's part of the currency union.

That is a contradiction. You expect implicitness from one side yet accept absolute refusal to discuss the matter on the other. That is unrealistic.

When did he say it would be the pound full stop?

Westminster have discussed it - they say there will be no currency union.

The longer it went the more those who have yet to make a decision will have been confused. (hence no gain for Yes in the post debate poll)

Had the debate ended after an hour, I believe, Yes would have gained on No.

Just my opinion at the time. But the poll seems to validate what I predicted.

What post debate poll said there were no gains for Yes? The only poll I have seen was the Guardian one where Salmond got 71%

Good to see the Daily Mail isn't upset

Considering the way the media influence people's opinion (sadly) and the number of union supporting papers can you imagine what the polls would be like if the media was as split as the public opinion is. All this negativity from the press and yet the Yes campaign continues to grow in strength.

Onto another subject, I notice nobody has brought up the fact that Eyebrows McGee ignored the comment about his being a guest speaker at dinners for companies responsible for providing private health care. I'd love to know more about that, and whether it's true or not.

Hey. Lets just wait and see what the undecideds think.

I'll be very surprised and disappointed if they don't break for YES,there is no justification for breaking for NO after that waffling verbiage from Darling.

Considering the way the media influence people's opinion (sadly) and the number of union supporting papers can you imagine what the polls would be like if the media was as split as the public opinion is. All this negativity from the press and yet the Yes campaign continues to grow in strength.

Onto another subject, I notice nobody has brought up the fact that Eyebrows McGee ignored the comment about his being a guest speaker at dinners for companies responsible for providing private health care. I'd love to know more about that, and whether it's true or not.

Of course it's true, Ally boy only made a quarter of his income from being a MP.

When did he say it would be the pound full stop?

Were you even watching? I think it was pretty clear when he said "Nobody can stop us using the pound".

Westminster have discussed it - they say there will be no currency union.

No, they haven't. There has been no vote on the matter, all we have is rhetoric from the relevant leaders which is an unsustainable position in a post yes world though as it would cost rUK.

Were you even watching? I think it was pretty clear when he said "Nobody can stop us using the pound".

No, they haven't. There has been no vote on the matter, all we have is rhetoric from the relevant leaders which is an unsustainable position in a post yes world though as it would cost rUK.

Of course I was watching. No one can stop us using the pound is old news and is completely different from we will use the pound regardless. I suspect you know that but it doesn't suit to admit it.

Re your second point - what vote is required ? Both labour and conservative have said it's not happening and as far as I can see they have the power to do this.

Darling has one question,and repeated it over and over again. Same old shit from Darling in two debates. Shouting over people and pointing at people is just rude,someone should tell Darling that.

That was what we were expecting last time, Darling was incredibly bad, the reanimated corpse of Margaret Thatcher could have done a better job than him, he managed to avoid a total annihilation by shouting towards the end. The real loser of this debate is Scottish Labour, they got done over big time by Salmond.

After two years, Has the Better Together campaign thought of something better than simply currency? Embarrassingly bad campaign from start to finish, they simply haven't learned their lessons from previous elections in Scotland.

I'd say the worst part for Darling wasn't that he was completely outclassed, which wasn't a massive surprise and so probably wouldn't have poised a great problem, but that he actually came across as a massive tadger in doing so. Beige is normally his thing, tonight he was hyperventilating and generally seething about his opponent.

Anyone listening to BBC 5 Live phone in? it's awful

Someone just phoned up and said she hopes we don't give Salmond the pound, and if we don't how many millions will it cost to replace coin and fruit machines

:lol:

Archived