Salmond vs Darling: Round 2 (25th Aug)

Quentin Taranbino

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing Salmond won? :)

Blamo! a technical k.o.

Although the guy refereeing tonight was fucking useless. He kept letting Darling and Salmond squabble and talk over each other. Very annoying.

Oooft. Just oooft.

Salmond was as measured and on his game in this debate as he was off it in the last one.

Darling had nothing when the wheels came off his Plan B bus. A lot of finger jabbing, stuttering and generalisations about "pooling resources" and "strength of the union".

That was a fucking pounding. At points I was giggling like a schoolkid. Darling was deliciously dreadful.

Hamilton V Morton levels of pure one sidedness. You can tell how good it was by how quiet the Britnats are here tonight.

Pleasing.

How much donwe expect the polls to swing based on tonight then?

Not enough to make a real dent in the polls, imo, but then I don't believe the polls reflect public opinion.

I am still interested to know why Eyebrows McGee called one of the studio audience "Brian", when as far as I know he didn't give his name.

I didn't see the debate as I was otherwise engaged but the sense I'm getting from people I trust on social media was that tonight could be the beginning of the end for the union. Definitely think I spoke too soon calling it over three weeks ago and it's game on now.

Not enough to make a real dent in the polls, imo, but then I don't believe the polls reflect public opinion.

I am still interested to know why Eyebrows McGee called one of the studio audience "Brian", when as far as I know he didn't give his name.

The repeat is on STV just now - get it recorded if its the case.

Oooft. Just oooft.

Salmond was as measured and on his game in this debate as he was off it in the last one.

Darling had nothing when the wheels came off his Plan B bus. A lot of finger jabbing, stuttering and generalisations about "pooling resources" and "strength of the union".

That was a fucking pounding. At points I was giggling like a schoolkid. Darling was deliciously dreadful.

Hamilton V Morton levels of pure one sidedness. You can tell how good it was by how quiet the Britnats are here tonight.

Pleasing.

Aye, cheers for bringing that one up again :P

That closing speech from Darling. Jeezo.

Clearly pre written. He questioned Salmond on key points and got answers....then STILL reads the pre written statement claiming Salmond didn't give any answers.

Just an absolute shitemare for Darling from start to finish.

I didn't see the debate as I was otherwise engaged but the sense I'm getting from people I trust on social media was that tonight could be the beginning of the end for the union. Definitely think I spoke too soon calling it over three weeks ago and it's game on now.

Nah I don't think it will win that many undecided round unfortunately - but in terms of a debate it was an absolute landslide.

Darling was a quivering wreck at certain points.

STV just now chief.

Archived