Salmond vs Darling: Round 2 (25th Aug)

Quentin Taranbino

Let me guess the BBC will say there was no clear winner and still uncertainly over the currency :whistle

BBC News completely omitting the part where Salmond got Darling to admit Scotland can use sterling.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about you do your own research instead of waiting to be spoon fed as usual?

Because like me he's probably found that virtually every single source of information has now gone totally biased in one way or another in some mad frantic attempt at getting you to vote the way you want them too, actually hearing from the two "leaders" of the whole thing is probably the best way now. Shame its just two egotistical morons shouting things other people have written down for them.

BBC News completely omitting the part where Salmond got Darling to admit Scotland can use sterling.

When has anyone ever suggested otherwise?

The issue is whether it would be inside or out of a currency union. To treat what Darling said as some sort of revalation is ludicrous

Thing that floored Darling was the adjudicator asking for his plan B, after an audience question, ie what currency arrangements should Scotland aim for in case of a Yes vote. Never recovered.

Salmond missed a few finer points which would have discredited Darling on deficits and banking issues, but most people wouldn't have the intellect to understand them anyway. Personally, I think that was the big performance AS needed to sway enough of the don't know/soft no voters. AS needed to smash AD tonight, and he delivered.

Archived