Scottish Cup Saturday! and League Preview 16th August 2014

A bit harsh saying you didnt expect mids to get anything at Crichton yesterday. I was at the game and mids went a goal down early doors but after that the midfield and lone striker of mids took control of the game,particular the middle 3 of mids who played some good football.this resulting in them going 2-1 up. Crichton play to their strengths with long ball and picking up pieces off this but mids coped ok with it seeing as they are a team lacking height. Crichton equalised with a free kick that was a cross which deceived the young mids keeper.maybe a fair result 2-2 but mids had another 4/5 good chances to win it!

Gerry

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newton, wigtown and saints embarras south league in Scottish cup

Nonsense. No-one expected St Cuthbert to get anything from their tie - it was the toughest draw possible. In the other cases, those results are clearly very disappointing: Civil Service were bottom of last season's EOS Premier while Wigtown romped the league, and Newton has opened with 5 wins from 5 while Hawick have been fairly dreadful for a long time.

But the EOS is arguably of an overall higher standard, and it's a big jump from saying disappointing to saying embarrassing.

Bad day at the office or were CSS better?

Bit of both if I'm honest!! Weren't in the game in the first half!! Not much improvement either in the second half til the two penalties!! It was all wigtown after that!! Two goals that could've and should've been stopped!! Definitely missing that extra something!! Wee Lewis Dunn wasn't there too!! Big miss I'd say

Newton, wigtown and saints embarras south league in Scottish cup

You clearly know f**k all!! Newton drew which doesn't mean they are out!! Wigtown were only beaten by one!! And saints lost 5-1 when a lot of people (including myself) expected many more!! There were a fair few people that thought double figures for that game and scoring a goal against a team that are only just losing out to teams like Stranraer is certainly worth credit!! So kindly go back to the hole you came from!!

Its on Tuesday.

There was a tweet from someone involved in East of Scotland saying Hawick may have played a trialist yesterday which is not allowed, however the tweet was quickly deleted. Anyone aware of this?

No issues with Hawick team sheets so no doubt someone trying to cause a stir. All players signed and confirmed as per Scottish cup rules. So please don't post utter rubbish.

Good point for mids as i thought crichton would be too strong for their poor side but otherwise mostly the results i expected. Wigtown will be majorly disappointed losing a winnable tie and seems newton stewarts discipline will cost them dearly.

From what I heard Mids played the Crichton off the park so they cany be that poor a side!

At the end of the day wigtown, Newton and saints pay all their players ao there expected to win these sorts of games absolute joke. This doesn't look for the South league

Cant speak for Wigtown or Newton but know Saints have not paid their players for last season or this current one. As I said previously, another rubbish post and you are still a tosser !

At the end of the day wigtown, Newton and saints pay all their players ao there expected to win these sorts of games absolute joke. This doesn't look for the South league

So did u expect Saints to beat one of the best junior teams in the country,away and crawl back under your rock

No one gets paid in the league, honest facts, been told by local sources no one is paid in the Southern League, only players that are sourced with money are in the English Leagues, been around clubs this year not one player i have seen deserved notes in there size 34 waist jeans pocket

Think defeats to creetown and abbey vale confirm that mids are a poor side

Just because u loose 2 games doesn't make u a poor team same as winning 5 games doesn't make u a great team for me the league is very open this year and if u have a off day u will get turned over were u at the games to witness the poor Mids team?

Can guarantee you wigtown don't pay their players a penny!! Can't speak for Newton or saints!! But they shouldn't either as it is an amateur league!! Clearly u know f**k all though mate!! Stfu

Just because u loose 2 games doesn't make u a poor team same as winning 5 games doesn't make u a great team for me the league is very open this year and if u have a off day u will get turned over were u at the games to witness the poor Mids team?

I've heard mids aren't anything special but are far from a bad side!! Been told they have been unlucky so far

Can guarantee you wigtown don't pay their players a penny!! Can't speak for Newton or saints!! But they shouldn't either as it is an amateur league!! Clearly u know f**k all though mate!! Stfu

Tbf you did confirm that Mitty/Newton82 does fund some Wigtown players a goal scoring bonus Martin.

It's also documented on his Facebook page.

Comments?

Archived