Motherwell vs Inverness CT - 16/08/14

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We didn't deserve a thing there and normally I'm positive no matter what. The only reason Law and Twardzik got MOTM is by default probably because the sponsors didn't have a clue who to pick very displeased well fan here:(

In my opinion Law was the worst of a bad bunch out of our midfield.

Two good goals from Inverness today but we were absolutely terrible today. That's as bad as we've been in a long time.

I've seen us three times now this season and it's beginning to look worrying but we still have players to come back from injury and get up to fitness but we need to start improving soon.

In my opinion Law was the worst of a bad bunch out of our midfield.

Two good goals from Inverness today but we were absolutely terrible today. That's as bad as we've been in a long time.

I've seen us three times now this season and it's beginning to look worrying but we still have players to come back from injury and get up to fitness but we need to start improving soon.

Don't think I'd single anyone out for being the worst as they were all fuckin honkin. McCall needs to take his share of the blame for what was an utter shitfest. ICT bossed it from start to finish.

Now I'm home I can comment more on the game

We dominated start to finish and our Defence bar Shinnies mistakes early on was fantastic, midfield was excellent, Draper and Tansey were class and Watkins and Williams out wide were different class. Thought Christie was poor and Mckay did sweet f**k all as well. Subs were good Polworth was magnificent in midfield, Doran and Ross were alright and a great goal from Doran at the end though. Brill was decent bar his usual fuckup. 3 games, 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 clean sheets and we're top of the league.

Number 20 from Motherwell was honking, no idea who he was

Now I'm home I can comment more on the game

We dominated start to finish and our Defence bar Shinnies mistakes early on was fantastic, midfield was excellent, Draper and Tansey were class and Watkins and Williams out wide were different class. Thought Christie was poor and Mckay did sweet f**k all as well. Subs were good Polworth was magnificent in midfield, Doran and Ross were alright and a great goal from Doran at the end though. Brill was decent bar his usual fuckup. 3 games, 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 clean sheets and we're top of the league.

Fraser Kerr, I'm usually quick to criticise him but I actually thought he played better than usual.

Hope that's sarcasm.

Sarcasm? Why?

Vigurs was your best player by a long way the last time we met (April) and scored the winner for you that night.

He's fucked us up on a few occasions ever since Butcher kicked him out in 2009.

Sarcasm? Why?

He was your best player by a long way the last time we met (April) and scored the winner for you that night.

He's fucked us up on a few occasions ever since Butcher kicked him out in 2009.

Some Motherwell fans don't like him because 'he doesn't run enough'. I, myself, like him because he's the most gifted footballer at the club by a long way.

We were as bad as Inverness were good. it was clear to see ICT had a settled full team out on the park minus maybe Foran. They play like that and they and not us look a good bet for top 4.

Still there are/were mitigating circumstances. We had a kid playing left back who was big time out his depth as we have two left backs injured in Hammell and ZFA. Vigurs also not fit and nor is Ojamma.

I think once we get a few players back and the 2 loaneesinc OJ up to speed we will improve. Could hardly be difficult!!

My concern is that 2 normally reliable players in Sutton and Lasley have been very poor this season so far. Ainsworth is getting little service but also appears disinterested....

Some Motherwell fans don't like him because 'he doesn't run enough'. I, myself, like him because he's the most gifted footballer at the club by a long way.

Yep, we've really missed him from what I've seen so far this season. One of our only creative players, Ojamaa should help ease that responsibility though.

Surely you mean Number 30 David Ferguson, the poor wee U20 that got thrown in at the deep end today in an unfamiliar position.

Number 20 Kerr was our best player today, although 'best' is very much relative.

Surely you mean Number 30 David Ferguson, the poor wee U20 that got thrown in at the deep end today in an unfamiliar position.

Number 20 Kerr was our best player today, although 'best' is very much relative.

Quite possible it was Ferguson

Desperate stuff.

ICT dominated from start to finish and ran out comfortable winners. Think you could count the amount of shots we've had on target so far in the league with one hand.

Long, aimless punts to nobody. Couldn't retain possession. Second to every ball. Genuinely one of the worst displays I've seen from us in a long time. No pace, no width and just a general shambles.

What do Lasley and Sutton have to do to get dropped? Leitch should never have been dropped. Why did Erwin, after two great displays up front, get punted and hung out to dry on the wing? Also is just me or for the most part does Josh Law flatter deceive and despite looking decent actually contribute very little.

Fair play to Fraser Kerr who I thought had another good game and has really grown into that centre back role alongside McManus. Watch McCall drop him next week now for that Derby lad.

Just an awful performance all round.

This pretty much. I was surprised by how well Fraser Kerr did today. Like others I'm not his biggest fan but I thought he filled in admirably today. Your point about Erwin is spot on too. What was that all about? Only player that looked even remotely dangerous and plonked on the wing. Almost as mental as when Craig Brown decided John Sutton should take up that position. I'm really excited for his future

That was an utterly rank rotten performance especially in the first half. We were genuinely shocking in the first half, don't think we strung two passes together. Midfield was utterly anonymous. Felt sorry for young Ferguson, not in the right position making his first start and clearly wasn't quite ready. Some of the fuds in the East Stand were getting on his back a bit too which is just outrageous.

Fair play to Inverness who I thought were excellent. Passed the ball about really nicely and scored two really nice goals.

Shameful performance. Did Sutton have more than 3 touches the whole game? Erwin and Ojamaa next week please.

Agree with others, Kerr did as well as he could of today. Therefore, fully expect O'Brien to partner McManus next week.

Law hasn't turned up since the first half hour of the Stjarnan game.

Onwards and upwards though, eh? We'll beat Kilmarnock next week.

Can completely understand Motherwell supporters' frustration about how little impact their team made today, but that was a really styilsh and dominant performance from ICT. Up to now under Hughes, the patient passing philosophy that he's been preaching has resulted in sporadic periods of attractive play with too few chances created, alternating with periods where we invite pressure onto us and end up conceding needless goals. The difference today was that when we did concede pressure, we pressed the Motherwell players so quickly that they weren't able to get into any sort of rhythm, and when we won possession back, the movement off the ball from our players, especially in the first half, meant that our ball retention always seemed to have a purpose and a threat. Really impressive work rate from our players to sustain this for the first hour or so, and although Motherwell did match us better in that last half hour, they were never really able to push us back properly.

No failures in the team today, although Mckay had very few chances to show for all his running. The movement, exchanges of passes and workrate of Watkins, Williams and Christie were really impressive, and Tansey, who is key to building moves from the base of midfield, had another terrific game. Really composed sweeping up from Meekings at the back too.

Celtic next; I suppose their result against United today is a sign of what we should expect, but it will be fucking tremendous if we're watching Deila skipping around the touchline weeping and kicking crates of Lucozade Sport into the air at full time.

This will probably be one of Inverness's easiest wins all season. In short we were rotten. Inverness were as good as we were bad. Our team was disorganised and looked to be unfit. A morale sapping defeat.

Archived