Motherwell vs Inverness CT - 16/08/14

Fixed that for you.

Always quite enjoy this fixture despite our terrible record at Fir Park, though. It's an easy journey for me, and the wee social club is convenient and welcoming. Optimistically, I was going to predict a 0-0 draw before I heard about Ojaama re-signing, mainly on the basis that Motherwell seem a bit lacking in pace and presence up front at the moment (although admittedly, I don't know much about Law or Erwin).. Two seasons ago, with Higdon, Humphry and Ojaama in the side, they absolutely bitchslapped us in the first three fixtures of the season; last season, although they still won three of the four fixtures, they weren't as dominant up front and to some extent profited from the decline in our defending after Hughes took over. If Ojamma makes the squad, though, he is potentially a real handful for our defenders. It'll probably be 1-0 Motherwell, with us having more than 50% of possession but less than half of Motherwell's tally of shots on goal.

I'd go for the same ICT line-up as ICTChris has gone for above, btw.

Yeah I would say that about our record at Fir Park and despite that it has been one of the more enjoyable away fixtures and usually edge of the seat stuff. Not too sure what we will get here from our opposition but I suspect a more open game. I would go for the logical change in bringing in Watkins who will be more likely to have a go at the Motherwell defence than Vincent was. I could leave them more space on our right but we will be able to break forward faster and create more chances than we did in the first two games.

One of the frustrating things about the first two games was when we broke forward at pace at some point one of our player would always pass the ball behind the run which would lose us momentum and give the opposition time to get back then the next pass would either be to the side or back and then across to the other side. We seem to miss that player that can play that cutting pass into the box or that final ball to McKay where he wants it.

Two seasons ago both Foran and Doran were our players with the most assists in the top league. Doran for half a season was the most effective. Sometimes I wonder if the way we play suits the players who prefer a more structured and organised way of playing rather than the expressive player or one that do something different, there seems to be only room for one player like this in the team at a time.

I sadly will be going for a 2-1 defeat but a much more entertaining game than the first two.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming ZFA was subbed off because injury our back line is going to be awfa inexperienced again

Still I fancy Erwin and Sutton to score and hopefully vigurs and ojaama are fit enough for an appearance

2-1 Motherwell

Disgrace from the well today. McCall is a fucking idiot starting Sutton up front himself. Couldn't keep possession or offer a threat in the first half. 2 up top for the second half was better but still no cutting edge.

Those Law brothers seem to pick up sponsors motm awards while not contributing anything

Desperate stuff.

ICT dominated from start to finish and ran out comfortable winners. Think you could count the amount of shots we've had on target so far in the league with one hand.

Long, aimless punts to nobody. Couldn't retain possession. Second to every ball. Genuinely one of the worst displays I've seen from us in a long time. No pace, no width and just a general shambles.

What do Lasley and Sutton have to do to get dropped? Leitch should never have been dropped. Why did Erwin, after two great displays up front, get punted and hung out to dry on the wing? Also is just me or for the most part does Josh Law flatter deceive and despite looking decent actually contribute very little.

Fair play to Fraser Kerr who I thought had another good game and has really grown into that centre back role alongside McManus. Watch McCall drop him next week now for that Derby lad.

Just an awful performance all round.

Archived