Motherwell vs Inverness CT - 16/08/14

Decent starts from both sides in the league thus far. Who's going to keep it up?

Despite our injuries (and lack of new faces) I'm fairly confident we'll be able to grab all 3 points. It'll probably be a similar team to last night, with Ainsworth in for Leitch and Ferguson in for ZFA the only changes I could maybe foresee.

2-1 Motherwell. Erwin and Law with the goals for us

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The record between the two teams in the 38 meetings stands as

Motherwell 22 wins

Inverness 12 wins

+4 draws

Over the last two seasons we have played Motherwell 8x, 4 each season of course and both seasons Motherwell have won 3x to our 1

We have only won once away from home in 8 games this decade against Motherwell.

I think the idea is to try to be optimistic about this and trust in our style of football.

Will I be able to get a sofa to hide behind through the turnstyle or will I have to make do with viewing through my fingers?.

Will I be able to get a sofa to hide behind through the turnstyle or will I have to make do with viewing through my fingers?.

Assuming you will be housed at your usual end of the Phil O'Donnell stand you'll not even have backs of seats to hide behind!

The record between the two teams in the 38 meetings stands as

Motherwell 22 wins

Inverness 12 wins

+4 draws

Over the last two seasons we have played Motherwell 8x, 4 each season of course and both seasons Motherwell have won 3x to our 1

We have only won once away from home in 8 games this decade against Motherwell.

I think the idea is to try to be optimistic about this and trust in our style of football.

I find it hard to believe we've beaten Motherwell 12 times. Feels like they always bum us.

I can see this being another tight game, much like our previous 2 games this season.

Another 1-0 here.. this time for the 'Well.

Any news on any players coming back from injury? Fucking bring back Porteous!

I would start thus

---------------------------------Brill-------------------------------

---Raven-----Meekings-------Warren-------Shinnie------

-----------------Draper----------Tansey-----------------------

-----Watkins---------Christie-----------Williams-----------

---------------------------Mckay--------------------------------

I wasn't surprised about what I read about the game last night. We played narrowly and, without wishing to seem unkind, I think Vincent's injury could be good for us. He's being played in a role that we clearly have other players better fitted to and Watkins is ideally placed.

Motherwell have had the better of us a lot in recent seasons and I'm not confident going there. One thing in our favour is that our back five are settled and look very organised. We've also got Mckay who's looking very sharp.

Won't be going, the shite seats with no backs combined with the fact some relations are coming back to Scotland.

Pish

yer lucky I was gonna fight ye since ye shat it fae the Dundee fan.

(I am actually working and won't make it)

Is the East Stand a decent place to go btw? Or is it the cheapest stand for a reason? Hoping to go to this if someone else is taking the nephew to Cappielow.

It's where all the big shouty men go and is closest to the pitch. Unless you're directly behind a pole then the view is fine and the seats have backs unlike the PoD. It's also best for "atmosphere"if that's what you're into.

We only win away games, and only if they're not at Fir Park.

Fixed that for you.

Always quite enjoy this fixture despite our terrible record at Fir Park, though. It's an easy journey for me, and the wee social club is convenient and welcoming. Optimistically, I was going to predict a 0-0 draw before I heard about Ojaama re-signing, mainly on the basis that Motherwell seem a bit lacking in pace and presence up front at the moment (although admittedly, I don't know much about Law or Erwin).. Two seasons ago, with Higdon, Humphry and Ojaama in the side, they absolutely bitchslapped us in the first three fixtures of the season; last season, although they still won three of the four fixtures, they weren't as dominant up front and to some extent profited from the decline in our defending after Hughes took over. If Ojamma makes the squad, though, he is potentially a real handful for our defenders. It'll probably be 1-0 Motherwell, with us having more than 50% of possession but less than half of Motherwell's tally of shots on goal.

I'd go for the same ICT line-up as ICTChris has gone for above, btw.

Archived