Dundee vs Partick Thistle - 16/08/14

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keenan might be ok as a sub but he isn't ready to cover at left back for a potential 3 or 4 game spell until McMillan returns.

We needed at LB anyway.

MacDonald won't score many goals. If he gets 5 this season he'll be doing well.

I was surprised too.

As I said, my point was not directed at Dundee fans like yourself who predicted and are seeking 10th. That's a sensibly optimistic prediction and a realistic goal. You live in the real world.

My point was aimed at the several Dundee fans who predicted nonsense like top 6 and that German kid to out score Mackay. They didn't live in the real world, perhaps they do now, perhaps it will take dropping more points at home to 10 men bottom 6 teams to get them there.

What is your fascination with the Dee BTW?

Every support has their element of delusional fools so why are you letting it get on your nipples?

Top six would be lovely but I'll settle for anything 10th or higher.

Personally I think it's going to be a small margin between finishing 5th or 12th. We play some lovely football but it seems at the moment a lack of an out and out goal scorer might come back to haunt us. Time will tell though and after only 3 games it's a bit early to write Tankulic off.

I was surprised too.

As I said, my point was not directed at Dundee fans like yourself who predicted and are seeking 10th. That's a sensibly optimistic prediction and a realistic goal. You live in the real world.

My point was aimed at the several Dundee fans who predicted nonsense like top 6 and that German kid to out score Mackay. They didn't live in the real world, perhaps they do now, perhaps it will take dropping more points at home to 10 men bottom 6 teams to get them there.

Spot on Lex.. but less of the bottom six pish... we have ehhhh six firmly on our sites

The game today wasn't lacking drama.

We can't afford to give sides like Thistle a head start like that. Don't think the formation was right to begin with but saying that, the Jags were utterly professional and committed from the whistle. Where were we?

Everything looked shaky and slow. Our tempo wasn't there and neither was our confidence. Where did it disappear to in 3 days?

We missed Kevin Thomson, that's obvious and Ferry didn't have the same range, or composure. We need another holding option for when KT is injured. McAlister played well as did McGowan. Harkins was poor in the first half but as others have said, he didn't see a lot of the ball. Second half much better and more direct. Needs to cut out some of the showboating. Should be ashamed at such a poor pen. Tankulic and MacDonald, both very poor I thought. Not Prem standard on that showing. Wighton is the only forward that has a threat.

We had 56% of the possession and scored from open play but whilst undeafeated, I'd be looking for more from our start. We need to sort out the wing back tactics and get them providing more width but without leaving gaps. How about 3-4-1-2 with the extra central defender covering for the wing back?

It's early days and we are a completely new side. Other sides haven't changed as much as us and we need to find our rhythm and our strikeforce.

Surprising results today for Hamilton v St J and also ICT v Motherwell. This league is wide open already but we are worth a lot more than 10th. I'd say at least 7th, 8th.

Ross County and St Mirren looking like relegation battlers already.

I think our first win will come against the Buddies away next week.

Annoying today that the Derry didn't have a cash gate when the club said there were no plans to make it all ticket.

Forza Dundee!

Thistle had clearly done their homework on us and first half nullified us almost completely. Good substitution from Hartley to bring Wighton on, he was excellent and made he difference. We didn't deserve a win, but really should have got one, think goal-scoring might just be our biggest problem this season. Probably Harkins worst game in a Dundee shirt, but we'll allow him one of them. Real problem if Dyer is out for a while, no other left-footed player in the squad, and McGinn and Irvine are both fishes out of water on that side.

I thought 7 points from the first 3 games was achievable (point at dens being the dropped points) so a win against Hamilton at home would be excellent. Thought Dundee would cause us problems so to be in our position at this time is perfectly ok IMO.

Dundee remind me of us this time last season, reckon they'll be safe but need to realise this league is quite cut throat. No point talking about beating "bottom 6 teams" if they don't do it.

Overall I'm happy with our points total ATM and hope to add to it this weekend.

Mon Gary Fraser.

Thought we were great first twenty minutes, and even though our play dropped in quality as the half went on, our pressing meant Dundee created nothing of note.

Second half wasn't exactly great viewing. Started poorly and then had none of the ball after the sending off, but we defended well. Last season we would have collapsed, so fair play to them.

Thought the ref was pretty harsh to us throughout, even ignoring sending off and penalty. Harkins' diving was infuriating as well.

Dundee clearly need better strikers for a start. On paper the midfield should be good, but their passing was ponderous. Moved it way too slowly once we were down to 10 and without any real quality. They should probably avoid the automatic relegation spot at least.

Looking at the penalty incident, Harkins should have picked the ball up and walked towards the corner flag to compose himself. He got himself involved with a Thistle player which probably put him off. It was an awful player but a decent save with the legs from Gallagher. Harkins shouldn't be our penalty taker, his last two have been poor albeit he's scored both prior today.

We're probably the thistle of last season. Pretty football, can't convert chances and struggle to win at home.

Hopefully both should be safe this season.

Partick looked very good up until the scored, and then didn't really offer much for the rest of the half and then offered nothing at all the whole of the second half. After the Partick fans bigging up their midfield after the Ross County game I was fearful we might get the run around with this 4222 formation but, the first 10 mins aside, they didn't cause us any problems.

So we were good for four minutes and that was it? Hmm.

Happy enough with a point. Wee bit disappointed that we never capitalised on some decent pressure in the first half. Will be interesting to see the Fox incident; either way, he's surrendered the jersey back to Gallacher which will be a shame if it's been as self-inflicted as it seems.

Oh dear Dundee. 3 games played, 0 games won and unable to win at home despite McPake diving and getting a penalty resulting in the opposition goalkeeper being sent off.

That Harkins boy is a bit of a fucking haddy isn't he?

Surely you mean 3 games unbeaten...................this dark blue obsession is eating you up let it go :lol:

Archived