Dundee vs Partick Thistle - 16/08/14

Most have said 10th above your lot will be fine. Still my view.

10th would be a superb season for Dundee. As I said before, if Dundee finish 10th I will have Paul Hartley as my manager of the year.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is, Fox has probably lost his starting position after that. It was a real close call between him and Gallacher - who was picked ahead of him for the second half of last season - as to who would start this season. He played well against County, has got sent off today, and I'd expect Gallacher to keep him out. He obviously saved the penalty, and then made a good save from MacDonald too.

Gallacher is a class keeper. Was surprised to learn he is only 35.

Could've won it but a draws a fair result, definitely would have took that at half time.

Thistle dominated the first half and should have been 2 up in the first 10 minutes, we couldn't cope with their pressing but we still persisted with the playing from the back and putting ourselves under pressure. Tankulic's touch was shite and he never really got into it. His touch was excellent in pre season but he's not carried it over into the league games.

Wighton was excellent, I'd expected Stewart to come on because I didn't know how well Wighton had been playing (I missed the Hearts game) and their was talk about us loaning him out. I'd start him and peaso against st mirren. Didn't think it was penalty but never had a good view. Harkins penalty taking doesn't fill me with confidence that's 2/3 missed this season, who can take decent penalties?

Thought this would be our first win until I seen thistle's result during the week and definitely would have took a draw at half time. If harkins scored that pen then we would've won it. We need to start getting into games in the first half and winning these games.

You've had a relatively easy start to the season. 9th and 10th from last season at home. You couldn't beat either, even when 10th from last season played a third of the game with 10 men.

If you genuinely still believe you're going to finish top 6 then you're beyond deluded.

Not going to rise to it. Only 3 games played and we were without Thomson for 2 of those. Still positive.

The Tank looked lacking in concidence today and Wighton when he came on looked the business, I'm coming round to the idea of not putting Wighton out on loan.

I thought Thistle were a physical side and there were a couple of times when I thought they were just getting Dundee players 'telt' but we could have had an other couple of penalties quite easily. Even before the pen/sending off, I thought we were the better team in the second half but the game could off been out off reach for us by then if Thistle had taken their first half chances.

In future I think Peaso (if he's on the park) should be taking the penalties, Harkins got a way with it against City but I wasnt the only one who didn't feel confident when he went to take it.

Dissapointed not to have won that, but I fair enjoyed the match either way. Dundee just couldn't cope with Thistle first 20 minutes, but once they got going a little, the game was fairly evenly matched. Just need a win now, and we'll be laughing!

First half Dundee were absolutely shocking. Should have already been a goal down before Partick's first. Thought Hartley got the team wrong by going with 2 out and out strikers, don't think you can do that especially when McGowan and Harkins are part of the midfield 4, that lineup was always going to be shambles defensively, especially without Thomson or McBride. Up front we were terrible too, Tankulic looked good against Hearts and Peterhead but been awful in the league so far, has the touch of a rapist.

Second half obviously much better, Wighton making a big difference but hard to tell if the overall improvement was only down to Partick losing a man. I said that it was important we won this week and after missing a penalty and playing so long against 10 men it's definitely a feeling of 2 points dropped even in spite of that first half. If we win away to St Mirren next week I'll be alot happier but anything less than that and it needs to go down as a really poor start especially with the teams we've faced so far.

Can't see us having a lot of clean sheets this year and can't see where the goals are going to come from either, every game is going to be a battle. Be good to see Roberts in action when he's back from suspension as gives us another option. Also hopefully Dyer's injury isn't too serious considering we have no other left back.

Anyway even after all the pessimism, can still see us finishing above a couple of teams in 10th!

Steady! If we draw next week, unbeaten in 4 even if all draws in the top flight in our first season back can't be described as 'really poor'.

You've had a relatively easy start to the season. 9th and 10th from last season at home. You couldn't beat either, even when 10th from last season played a third of the game with 10 men.

If you genuinely still believe you're going to finish top 6 then you're beyond deluded.

I know your probably just looking for a bite but Ive been surprised at how many Dundee fans are talking about a top 6 finish, I'd take a comfortable 10th now.

Forgot to add Irvine still can't cross. I'd think about putting Kerr on the bench before him (have we loaned him?). We should start putting away fans in the shankly again it makes for a much better atmoshpere and encourages them to come back.

We started really poorly but came into a bit more at the end of the half. The second half we were the better team obviously the sending off helped with that. Didn't see what the penalty was for to be honest but Fox raised his hands to McGowan do can have no complaints about that. All in all when you have a penalty to take the lead and are against ten men you should be winning so disappointed with a point.

If we finish 10th we will be behind some shite on the evidence so far!

Agreed. The thing is though I wouldn't be that surprised if we do finish behind shite. Playing bonnie football is great and that but we need to consistently find an end product and cope with injuries. Hopefully Hartley has learned a great deal over the last few games and we begin to get the best out of our squad (e.g. we sort out our forwards).

Today, we badly missed Thomson and needed a holding midfielder - McBride would naturally have filled that void. Beforehand, when I read the starting 11, I felt we should have started with Irvine in holding midfield and sacrificed MacDonald or Tankulic. I felt that McGinn was left exposed until the red card.

Next week Wighton has to start and we need to get a holding midfielder fit (Thomson, McBride or even play Irvine if Dyer is back). That would probably mean McAllister will drop out but I feel that we need it to accomodate Harkins, McGowan, Wighton and another forward.

Undecided over Stewart and MacDonald, but I feel Tankulic should take some time out.

Where to start. First half was awful but credit has to go to thistle for that, great pressing, loads of energy and exploiting our narrow formation. Obviously we were shite as well which never helped. Tank was woeful and McGinn was ripped a new one.

Great strike for the goal but we left him in far too much space. we'd already had a huge let off from the header. Those 2 aside, we limited thistles chances first half without doing anything ourself.

2nd half was ours even before the sending off, which obviously completely turned the game. Agree with what someone said above, there was a foul but you rarely see those given. On that note if he gives that one we had 2 further appeals that were the same. Keeper is this weeks winner of heads gone. Stupid move from him right in front if the ref and he had to go. He then went back for more and looked to raise his hands again. Script was written for the ex DAB to keep thistle on the game after that.

Harkins off penalties now please!

2 best players on the park - Craig wighton - 17/18 but streets ahead when he came on. Great composure for the goal.

The black guy in the middle for thistle. I'm assuming osman?? Handy leggy time wasting shirt pulling cheat of a midfielder. Bloody effective though and handled Harkins very well in their head to heads. Had a very good game.

Draw probably the fair result in the end but we need to start winning pronto.

Regarding players on the

Wighton today showing exactly why he has no future in scottish football. Far far too good. 17 last week, his touch, vision and overall awareness is outstanding, massive talent!

Certainly in with a shout of a start next week at St. mirren, i think he will get given the raith game to show what he can do again then in for st mirren.

If your good enough your old enough, end of.

Said before this game we have to be beating these poorer sides at home. Partick looked every bit the relegation battlers they did last season despite their fans confidence before the game. We should be sitting on at least 7 points now but find ourselves on just 3. Need to find that cutting edge. Wighton looks ready - let's get him starting.

Quick, look, an attention whore. Can see you're gaunae a right boring c**t.

Archie, on 16 Aug 2014 - 18:07, said:

Quick, look, an attention whore. Can see you're gaunae a right boring c**t.

If he is an attention whore, why give him the attention?

Archived