Dundee vs Partick Thistle - 16/08/14

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds as if Thistle have a dynamic midfield which laid waste to Ross County.

I wonder how much our midfield rhythm was derailed at Inverness with Thomson leaving the pitch so early. We may have to play McBride on Saturday as the holding apex of the diamond to combat Thistle's creativity.

Whatever happens Dundee need to score. Thats two matches and no goals from open play.

It's not as if we didn't make chances against Killie. Away from home take what you can. A win here and it's been a great start, and there'll be a big crowd down at Paisley.

We did make chances, I agree, but so far one have gone in.

If we win you are dead right we'll take decent following to St Mirren Park. By the same token I hope the Jags bring a tidy band on Saturday as well.

An absolute certainty is that this will be a harder game for us than tonight was, even accounting for some of the bog-standard personnel in Dundee's side. Preferably you'd like to go away from home to newly promoted sides later in the season but we've given ourselves some good momentum and had a fairly good record away to bottom six sides last season, so no reason at all why we can't win here. Would take a draw though.

Dundee will be significantly stronger than County and will still have the newly promoted momentum- I'd imagine they'll be far more testing up front and our defence still needs time to get used to each other. A 2-2 draw here wouldn't surprise me.

Same line-up as tonight please (unless a left back is signed) think it would be harsh to drop any player after tonight, Elliot looks good as an impact sub, to run at defenders when they are deed. Maybe start Dools up front. Gary Fraser hat-trick, he really is a gid c**t.

Was a little nervous about this but feeling much more confident after tonights result. Like others have said, this is probably going to be harder than todays test, and it really could go any way. Same team, and if we play like we did today we'll win. It will be interesting to see if we play the 4-3-3 again or move back to the 4-5-1, and whether Stevenson or Doolan will start. I like the idea of a three man midfield though.

Right Partick fans you've been up here a season already but please tell me you still have championship level bantz unlike these killie/caley/st. Murn boys?

Impressive stuff from thistle tonight judging by the dreaded open all mics. Chick young was excited and it's not often that happens without the OF involved. I'd like to think we are a different proposition to county at home but no-one knows for sure.

Higginbotham seems to be your main threat so he will need shackled but it sounds like your midfield ran the show against county. This is our strongest area on the park so it could be an interesting battle. Hopefully Thommo is back but the signs are not good.

Harkins has started really well and loves playing his old teams but McGowan is quickly becoming my favourite player. Love that angry wee man and he's a great player.

We were a bit shaky at the back on sat but solid by all accounts tonight so hopefully that carries into the next game.

I'm tentatively predicting a home win here but there isn't too much conviction behind that. It's mostly based on the fact that, like the killie game, these are the home games you need to win to stay up.

Partick always bring a decent crowd and are generally good c***s so I'm looking forward to this one.

Archived