Dundee vs Partick Thistle - 16/08/14

McGinn is an excellent player? He's young and will improve. He doesn't deserve the criticism he's getting and is much better option than Irvine at full back.

I like McGinn. He offers more attacking options than Irvine. That said, in the first half he was too often too far forward leaving huge spaces for Thistle to attack down the left. The goal came from such a situation. I thought Irvine was excellent, for once, when he came on and his presence was part of the reason that we were better in the second half. McGinn played better at left back today than when his performance on the right today.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like McGinn. He offers more attacking options than Irvine. That said, in the first half he was too often too far forward leaving huge spaces for Thistle to attack down the left. The goal came from such a situation. I thought Irvine was excellent, for once, when he came on and his presence was part of the reason that we were better in the second half. McGinn played better at left back today than when his performance on the right today.

Aye the only thing Irvine did wrong was 2 shite crosses - we know they aren't his forte - and he was getting pelters. People around me frothing at the gub!

I thought he did very well, still wouldn't welcome him in the starting eleven but the white cafu did good today.

Agree with the Irvine praise. Showed he's still got something to offer. Isn't a world beater, but done his job well something which McGinn wasn't managing to do in the first half although he improved in the second.

Enjoyable first visit to Dens today. We were dominant in the first half hour or so, before Dundee managed to work their way into it. We were hanging on a bit at the end after the sending off (which looked questionable; haven't seen it yet), but the team defended really well when down to 10. Speaking of the sending off, I wonder if that'll be Fox's run in the team this season over already. Gallacher played well when he came in, and did nothing wrong for us in his spell in goals last year. I'd have no problems with him as our #1.

I worry about the LB situation if McMillan has to spend time on the sidelines and we don't sign a natural LB. Keenan looks far too raw to be starting at this level yet. He did a couple of decent things, but was responsible for giving the ball away at a couple of crucial times. Left back in before the end of the window, please.

Dundee look similar to us last year. Play some decent football with the ball on the deck, but don't look very threatening. MacDonald won't work as a striker at this level, and Tankulic, for all his preseason hype, looked a bit lost out there. They really need a competent striker at this level. A bit like us, I suppose, although we've got Gary fucking Fraser smashing them in from 20 yards every game. 8)

Stewarding as bad as ever Partick fans? Or have things improved?

One of Thistle's serial arsehole fans was chucked out just before HT, which meant they're all good guys in my book. But seriously, they seemed generally not bad today. We were allowed to stand and there wasn't a lot of hassle, although one younger guy gave a group of Thistle fans the middle finger for some reason. Wonder if he'll still have a job next time there's a game at Dens.

I thought the steward giving the finger was quite funny. He was getting abuse and gave it back. The boy with the long hair and beard being chucked was fair enough. He was being an arsehole and was chanting some shite too. No complaints from me.

I thought the steward giving the finger was quite funny. He was getting abuse and gave it back. The boy with the long hair and beard being chucked was fair enough. He was being an arsehole and was chanting some shite too. No complaints from me.

Does it absolutely every week down the front of the North Stand. Wish our stewards would follow the Tayside example on that one. Yeah, I did just type those words.

although one younger guy gave a group of Thistle fans the middle finger for some reason. Wonder if he'll still have a job next time there's a game at Dens.

That's him now eligible for promotion.

harry94, on 17 Aug 2014 - 01:07, said:

Holy f**k. The highlights don't really show a good angle for the penalty but I'm pretty sure that there was no contact made. Scott Fox being sent off was very very harsh.

Harsh - maybe. But Fox was extremely foolish raising his hands even for just a touch of handbags directly in front of the referee. I'd have been seething with the ref if that was Letheren, but by the letter of the law, Fox can't have many complaints.

I thought it was Osbourne, but it was Osman, hands all over every Dundee player that had the ball in the centre of the park, terrible time-waster as well. Even during the first half he was at it. Very effective for Partick Thistle, but frustrating as a Dee that whenever we got the ball he'd kill any chance we'd have of momentum by demanding our players give him a cuddy-back.

Yep, he likes to go on a mazey run, and then when he loses it, falls down and appeals.............very effective, cons stupid referees every time, v pleasing.

Mutton is murder...

So we were good for four minutes and that was it? Hmm.

Happy enough with a point. Wee bit disappointed that we never capitalised on some decent pressure in the first half. Will be interesting to see the Fox incident; either way, he's surrendered the jersey back to Gallacher which will be a shame if it's been as self-inflicted as it seems.

The Fox question is a matter of management. Keep him in the team as a confidence player and consign him to the depths of Scottish football or stand by him?

Are you a failed footballer?

You just seem to judge and pass judgement with little reason?

My point was aimed at the several Dundee fans who predicted nonsense like top 6 and that German kid to out score Mackay.

You mean your point was aimed at tripcode. So which also means your point isn't really a point.

Archived