Hamilton Accies vs St Johnstone - 16/08/14

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How's McDonald(Casper) done for you guys? He was absolutely mince for us. Didn't think he done much when he came on today either.

I was down at Morecambe couple of seasons ago,watched them beat Crawley 6-1 and all the Morecambe fans thought he was the best thing since sliced bread.

As for yesterday,a fantastic first half performance by Accies- which you wouldn't know judging by the Alba highlights-but as expected St.Johnstone came back strongly and were denied a certain penalty.Jason Scotland's brother had travelled all the way to see him and he doesn't get any game time.Still,his brother said he enjoyed the game.

The crowd was about 1100 I was told down than the last game at NDP between the sides.Shows how the idiotic pricing of most clubs is affecting PATG and away fans.The Accies home support is mostly all season ticket holders and quite a few regulars from recent seasons are now picking and choosing their games.....when will our clubs learn?

Just watched the highlights. Accies defender may well have been fairly close to the ball when it was crossed - maybe three or four yards - but that's irrelevant when he defends it with his arms stretched out as wide as possible. Definite penalty.

I think we are pretty much unanimous that it was a penalty but I think you have to admit that if it was given then a draw would have been harsh on us.

By most accounts it would've been harsh, but yet another refereeing decision has gone against us, and its safe to say that one cost us a huge chance of a point. Pretty infuriating to be in that position after three games of the season and it must be incredibly disheartening for the players

Great 1st half performance Redmond and Mackinnon bossing the midfield with great passing and movement and a well taken goal from the dazzler.We were under the cosh for most of the 2nd half but Canning was on top form keeping the defense well organized.I think saints are badly missing Stevie May as there is no better finisher than him in the SPL and im sure he will do well down south.We were fortunate not to concede a penalty though it was hit of big Jesus arm and was not deliberate in my view.

Saints were so poor for the first hour that we can't have any complaints about losing but equally, with the chances we created and the penalty claim in the last 30 minutes, Accies would only have had themselves to blame if we had taken a point. We should have scored at least once in that period looking back at the highlights.

Was certain it was a penalty at the time and nothing on the highlights changes my mind. Garcia Tena is either being an idiot or is trying to make himself as big as possible and either way, the ball has struck an outstretched arm and Madden has made a bad call.

One criticism I would have from yesterday was McGovern's habit of coming out his area. Far too many times did he coming running out when there was no need.

Except from the one time he probably should have came out but didn't. Strange decision making but a good stop to deny McLean at the end.

The goal was a bad one to lose. We haven't learned from last season and still leave a gap between the back four and midfield around the edge of the box. The room MacKinnon got was shocking. We should have lost another in the second half for the same reason.

Archived