Talbot v cumnock

BC63

First goal wasn't out of play but was a complete fluke.

Talbot had the better chances but all in all was a pretty even scrappy game, which Talbot edged.

Were Cumnock @ full strength Jimper? Don't read too much into what is effectively still pre-season midweek games........

Poor display from the nock. We always seem to panic from the kick off out there when there is no need. Respect them but don't fear them!!! As for relegation strugglers a think the way our league is everyone bar talbot medda and hurlford will be looking over there shoulder this season

Talbot won at a canter last night. Never really got out of 2nd gear. 1st goal was a cross that went in, the ball was not out the park as the earlier post suggests, i had a decent view from where i stood. 2nd goal was a well worked goal from talbot. As for the mention of the stramash that started in the box that spence ran away from, this was started when Love was trying repeatedly to kick the ball out of big Andys hands whilst the big man was on the deck and it was Lyle that got involved, were you at the game poolwizard??

All in all an easy victory which sets us up for sat.

Cumnock put in a good effort considering the changes to their squad, to say " Talbot won at a canter last night. Never really got out of 2nd gear." is bullshit

Talbot fluked the first goal and the silence for most of the match until Cumnock got caught at the end , says it all.

closer than you talbot guys let on

Let's be honest about the game, Talbot always looked more likely to win over the piece as Cumnock seemed to lack a cutting edge.

Although as previously said, it was closer than it possibly should have been which was down to a combination of bad finishing and reasonably good, if at times somewhat panicky , defending.

As far as the incident at the " goalmouth stramash " is concerned, Leishman didn't have the ball under control and Love, quite rightly IMO, tried to get the ball. The amazing thing to me was Lyle launched himself at Love when the incident was all but over and Leishman had finally got the ball under control.

The ref got it wrong as Lyle should have been sent off and possibly others as I couldn't see what was going on in the crowd of players.

As far as Semple raking his studs down Gormleys leg is concerned, as suggested earlier, from where I was standing it looked like Semple went up to catch the ball, as goalies do , with one leg bent and Gormleys seemed to hit his leg/foot from the side. I was at other end of the park so wasn't across from it but had a great line of sight from where I was, but not 100% .

Also we don't need to Latta v Spence squealing competition to see which one can squeal the loudest when someone goes near them only to get up and run on as if nothing had happened when they realise they are still in possession or are not getting a foul

Overall, no quibble about the result here

no just semple,but how long are we to watch keepers go in studs up.anybody else and its a foul / penalty.its got to be stopped.

p.s.the first goal came from a cross.the keeper left it thinking it was safe.

fluke? you could say yes.but it was only a cross.

did the keeper cover his goal? no!

did the cross catch the keeper out? yes.

so who`s fault is that?

I agree with the first point that Happy made. Goalies tend to lead more with studs raised to protect themselves when jumping for the ball. Only a matter of time before refs take action. As for Ally, he needs to be careful when coming out for these balls as he does tend to lead with his studs thus giving the ref a decision to make.

Cumnock put in a good effort considering the changes to their squad, to say " Talbot won at a canter last night. Never really got out of 2nd gear." is bullshit

Talbot fluked the first goal and the silence for most of the match until Cumnock got caught at the end , says it all.

closer than you talbot guys let on

No it wasn't.

Archived