Aberdeen BT Facebook account claims food banks are "normal"

Casual Bystander

Bu2ya9jIcAAXqEW.jpg

This post was quickly removed but was seen by enough people to be criticised by those who saw it. It also mirrors the tweet made by "History teacher and Scottish Conservative & Unionist activist" Stewart Whyte just a few years back - https://twitter.com/Stewart_Whyte/status/498924180147294208

So when you are low on money and are struggling to put food on the table, be thankful that Westminster has progressed Scotland as a European country and an "enriching example of human compassion, faith and social cohesion". I am sure that will make your plain rice and water all the more palatable.

Aberdeenshire BT have refused to comment on this.

Edit: sorry I initially stated this was a tweet it was actually a FB post, the tweet was Mr Whyte's.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bu2ya9jIcAAXqEW.jpg

This post was quickly removed but was seen by enough people to be criticised by those who saw it. It also mirrors the tweet made by "History teacher and Scottish Conservative & Unionist activist" Stewart Whyte just a few years back - https://twitter.com/Stewart_Whyte/status/498924180147294208

So when you are low on money and are struggling to put food on the table, be thankful that Westminster has progressed Scotland as a European country and an "enriching example of human compassion, faith and social cohesion". I am sure that will make your plain rice and water all the more palatable.

Aberdeenshire BT have refused to comment on this.

Edit: sorry I initially stated this was a tweet it was actually a FB post, the tweet was Mr Whyte's.

Mr Whyte was my Standard Grade and Higher History teacher at school :lol:

It's not the foodbanks themselves that the lefties have the problem with. It's the fact that people are needing them to avoid starvation.

Given that most users claim to be working I'd conjecture that the main reason for the need for foodbanks is the almost unchecked escalation in energy prices. For people on low incomes it might be better to use their money for heating because they know they can get fed at the food bank.

It's not the foodbanks themselves that the lefties have the problem with. It's the fact that people are needing them to avoid starvation.

Given that most users claim to be working I'd conjecture that the main reason for the need for foodbanks is the almost unchecked escalation in energy prices. For people on low incomes it might be better to use their money for heating because they know they can get fed at the food bank.

You'd be wrong, as usual.

The vast majority of foodbank "customers" we deal with are people who've been sanctioned or otherwise pished on by welfare reform. About 2 of our cases in the last 11 months have been employed.

As usual, you're engaging your mouth without activating your brain. It would be nice if, on occasion, you would think before you type. I realise you love the reaction you get and it gets you all moist when people cry troll at you, but you can't enjoy everyone thinking you're a c**t?

The Scottish government currently has sufficient powers to end food poverty now. I'd be interested to know why YES supporters feel that those powers would suddenly be used after a YES vote.

Our politicians, whether in Westminster or Hollywood are self serving. That's not hung to change in an independent Scotland

The Scottish government currently has sufficient powers to end food poverty now. I'd be interested to know why YES supporters feel that those powers would suddenly be used after a YES vote.

Our politicians, whether in Westminster or Hollywood are self serving. That's not hung to change in an independent Scotland

Tell me please, in detail, how the SG has sufficient powers to end food poverty?

Why should the government have to end food poverty when charities are getting on with feeding people that cant manage to live within their means?

My old dear runs lunch clubs and stuff in town here and she says its pretty much the same junkies and losers she has seen for years using them. They get their benefits then they feed themselves every day in these places for free so they can spend all their wedge on their habits.

Why should the government have to end food poverty when charities are getting on with feeding people that cant manage to live within their means?

My old dear runs lunch clubs and stuff in town here and she says its pretty much the same junkies and losers she has seen for years using them. They get their benefits then they feed themselves every day in these places for free so they can spend all their wedge on their habits.

Where are all these free eateries in Ayr, I've never heard anyone mention anything like this even when I was pratted and was in with those that were pratted.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if that post was written by this same Mr Whyte guy behind the group name as a page admin. Clearly not a FB group view as seen by the use of "I" though with another admin probably bricking it and taking it straight off when they got an alert that a new post had been added.

Where are all these free eateries in Ayr, I've never heard anyone mention anything like this even when I was pratted and was in with those that were pratted.

All the churches do them. Have done for years.

The Scottish government currently has sufficient powers to end food poverty now.

They also have it within them to start creating a "fairer and just" society. They do have the control.

Scrap the freebies for anyone on over say £45,000 and use the proceeds from bought prescriptions, tuition fees, eye tests, dental check-ups and other such stuff and use it to alleviate food/fuel poverty. Of course, the MSP's wont be shitting in their own nests or giving up easy votes this way. They'll just keep blaming Westminster. Tartan Tories eh? Got a majority in Holyrood and doing fcuk all with it to stop poverty or make a fairer society.

It is kind of similar to saying that "don't worry about an increasing number of people not being able to afford rent etc as homeless shelters are out there and a feature of every country".

It really is a despicable attitude.

They also have it within them to start creating a "fairer and just" society. They do have the control.

Scrap the freebies for anyone on over say £45,000 and use the proceeds from bought prescriptions, tuition fees, eye tests, dental check-ups and other such stuff and use it to alleviate food/fuel poverty. Of course, the MSP's wont be shitting in their own nests or giving up easy votes this way. They'll just keep blaming Westminster. Tartan Tories eh? Got a majority in Holyrood and doing fcuk all with it to stop poverty or make a fairer society.

How much would this save after costs?

Haven't got a clue.

I thought YES were wanting "fairer and just" society no matter what the amounts come to?

I thought they had a fixed budget, the fact you haven't got a clue doesn't really validate your post.

Archived