Midweek flutter

geo87

For those of you who have a McBookie account, Peterhead are 16/1 to win at home to Dundee tomorrow night.  Yes obviously Dundee should win, but 16/1 is far too big IMO so it's a decent value bet.

Also with McBookie, Hamilton to win to nil away to Berwick is 5/4 with McBookie.  Hamilton aren't great but Berwick have nothing up front, I forsee 0-2 or something of that ilk.

Edited by BinoBalls

23 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

For those of you who have a McBookie account, Peterhead are 16/1 to win at home to Dundee tomorrow night.  Yes obviously Dundee should win, but 16/1 is far too big IMO so it's a decent value bet.

Also with McBookie, Hamilton to win to nil away to Berwick is 5/4 with McBookie.  Hamilton aren't great but Berwick have nothing up front, I forsee 0-2 or something of that ilk.

Hope you got the Peterhead bet on in time, now 12/1.

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hope you got the Peterhead bet on in time, now 12/1.

Maybe the P&B gambling collective piled on within minutes of my message.  I got 16/1 earlier today.

I've actually noticed odds getting cut super quick on Scottish matches lately.  Last week Ayr were put up at 1/2 to win away at Albion Rovers.  I thought I'll take a piece of that.  Went for lunch first and came back an hour later to place bet and they were into 2/7.  If you snooze you lose in this game.

17 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

How do McBookie compare odds wise to the other bigger outfits? 

1 minute ago, DareToDoolan said:

How do McBookie compare odds wise to the other bigger outfits? 

For football McBookie (also known as Bet Victor) tend to offer superior odds on UK football, they basically have a smaller margin / overround than the more famous bookies.

Obviously they still chop and change their odds and won’t always have the best price, but in general they offer best value for money over the course of a season. That said, their phone app is a bit basic compared to the likes of bet365. 

16 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

Maybe the P&B gambling collective piled on within minutes of my message.  I got 16/1 earlier today.

I've actually noticed odds getting cut super quick on Scottish matches lately.  Last week Ayr were put up at 1/2 to win away at Albion Rovers.  I thought I'll take a piece of that.  Went for lunch first and came back an hour later to place bet and they were into 2/7.  If you snooze you lose in this game.

I've been listening to the Business of Betting podcast quite a bit recently and a few ex-bookies have actually admitted that it's sometimes useful to, instead of blocking successful punters, take their bets on smaller stakes and adjust the market accordingly. Could be that a savvy punter(s) has tipped them off to their price being too long.

Is the podcast worth listening to?

I've heard mixed reviews.

On 7/24/2018 at 11:56, lanky_ffc said:

I've been listening to the Business of Betting podcast quite a bit recently and a few ex-bookies have actually admitted that it's sometimes useful to, instead of blocking successful punters, take their bets on smaller stakes and adjust the market accordingly. Could be that a savvy punter(s) has tipped them off to their price being too long.

On 23/07/2018 at 15:12, BinoBalls said:

Thanks for this, it won me money.

I think that Aberdeen or draw looks a little long tonight at evens, any views ITT?

Edit: Hibs at home look long as well, maybe my specs are tartan today.

Edited by The Algebraist

17 hours ago, DareToDoolan said:

Is the podcast worth listening to?

I've heard mixed reviews.

I pick and choose my episodes. There's a lot on horse racing which doesn't really interest me, but I do enjoy the ones on how markets are priced and punter psychology. What are you interested in and I can give you a steer on which are worth a listen?

6 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

I pick and choose my episodes. There's a lot on horse racing which doesn't really interest me, but I do enjoy the ones on how markets are priced and punter psychology. What are you interested in and I can give you a steer on which are worth a listen?

Cheers, 

Football massive on corners and under goal lines, little bit of NFL as well.

Thanks in advance.

16 hours ago, DareToDoolan said:

Cheers, 

Football massive on corners and under goal lines, little bit of NFL as well.

Thanks in advance.

Haven't heard any episodes specifically on those. Maybe give Deep Dive Gambling Podcast a look for NFL and follow @whale_capper on Twitter. I found their World Cup preview a good listen.