Midweek flutter

geo87

5 hours ago, gameofthrones said:

Argentina to beat Nigeria (argentina players are supposedly picking own team - if they fail to win the nation will implode)

Switzerland to beat Costa Rica (Swiss have impressed)

Columbia to beat Senegal (Columbia were unlucky v Japan with 10 min, played well v Poland (although Poland were poor))

Most of the World Cup gambling chat is on the relevant thread in the WC sub forum.

Champions League qualifier tonight between La Florita (San Marino) and Lincoln Red Imps (Gibraltar). Despite Lincoln's heroic home win against Celtic I've gone for La Florita at 15/2 for DNB, mainly because of the odds but also because they've won 17/18 and drew once, admittedly in a league I know nothing about.

• 3 weeks later...

Not much to take from the first round of league cup games with some of the results but went for a treble tomorrow of Stenny, Annan and QOS-Clyde BTTS. Thought the first 2 were decent prices at home against teams who've mostly recruited from the juniors. No real reasoning behind QOS-Clyde BTTS apart from they should score against us and we're capable of nicking one against anybody with Goodwillie.

Mixed acca among most other games 

Alloa Arbroath BTTS, Partick Morton BTTS, Accies Livi BTTS, Dunfermline Peterhead BTTS, Stirling double chance, Ross County double chance, St Mirren -1, Motherwell -1.

21 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Not much to take from the first round of league cup games with some of the results but went for a treble tomorrow of Stenny, Annan and QOS-Clyde BTTS. Thought the first 2 were decent prices at home against teams who've mostly recruited from the juniors. No real reasoning behind QOS-Clyde BTTS apart from they should score against us and we're capable of nicking one against anybody with Goodwillie.

Stenny and Annan breezed it. Thatll teach me not to touch my own team again :lol:

Hills have enhanced Celtic to win by 3 or more goals tonight from 9/2 to 11/2, but the -2 handicap is 8/13 4/7 or thereabouts across different firms. Isn't that the same bet? Only a few quid on it so far as well as a few quid on McGregor any time but if that price remains throughout the day I'll be shoving more on.

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Hills have enhanced Celtic to win by 3 or more goals tonight from 9/2 to 11/2, but the -2 handicap is 8/13 4/7 or thereabouts across different firms. Isn't that the same bet? Only a few quid on it so far as well as a few quid on McGregor any time but if that price remains throughout the day I'll be shoving more on.

Where are you seeing this? It is the same bet but that sounds mad long.

Edited by The Algebraist

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's on the top of the game page in Hills website. Much better odds than elsewhere but I don't trust Celtic to win by 3.

Hmm... Not the mobile site and I can't use the full one at work. The only enhanced odds it is showing me for the game is Dembele to score first and Celtic to win at a miserable (imo) 5/2.

3 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

Hmm... Not the mobile site and I can't use the full one at work. The only enhanced odds it is showing me for the game is Dembele to score first and Celtic to win at a miserable (imo) 5/2.

Yeah, checked again and they've pulled it and replaced it with the Dembele one.

Yeah its gone and got an email to say the price was a palpable error and been amended to 8/11. Glad I never stuck any more on now as I kind of expected it when I saw the price difference as it happened to me for a bet in the world cup a couple of weeks ago aswell. 

Wonder if bookies are genuinly stupid enough to make glaring errors like that or they do it deliberately so folk pile on thinking they're on to a big winner.

7 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Yeah its gone and got an email to say the price was a palpable error and been amended to 8/11. Glad I never stuck any more on now as I kind of expected it when I saw the price difference as it happened to me for a bet in the world cup a couple of weeks ago aswell. 

Wonder if bookies are genuinly stupid enough to make glaring errors like that or they do it deliberately so folk pile on thinking they're on to a big winner.

I'm sure Sky Bet do it deliberately. A few times I've deposited money when I've seen some cracking odds and when I try to put it on, the bet is suspended and the odds tumble. They usually get the pay off when my alternative bet loses.