Americans and their gun culture

The reason why owning guns in America is a right is so citizens can protect themselves against tyrannical government or lawlessness.

I've always treated the "it's to protect us from the government" excuse as basically the preserve of deranged maniacs, but when you see how the police are behaving in Ferguson, Missouri at the moment I can almost sympathise with that point of view.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason why owning guns in America is a right is so citizens can protect themselves against tyrannical government or lawlessness. It's no coincidence one of the first things Hitler, Stalin, Mao. and Pott did was take peoples guns away.

It's strange how people who disbelieve America on almost every issue take on every word of their extreme right wing as gospel.

The reason why owning guns in America is a right is so citizens can protect themselves against tyrannical government or lawlessness. It's no coincidence one of the first things Hitler, Stalin, Mao. and Pott did was take peoples guns away.

Honestly. Are you being sponsored by the NRA?

dr-evil-right.gif

The above is the stupidest thing I've ever read on here. That takes some doing.

It's strange how people who disbelieve America on almost every issue take on every word of their extreme right wing as gospel.

Trying to label 10's of millions of people to a specific mind set is not helpful, and it makes you look rather ignorant. For the record, I have libertarian views.

When has that proved useful?

How do you think the Americans defeated the British when they didn't have their own army?

Why do you think no one has attempted to invade Switzerland?

Why do think the Japanese didn't attempt to invade the U.S after Pearl Harbour, despite it having a weak military at the time?

Hitler actually relaxed gun control laws in Nazi Germany (although he did prevent Jews from owning guns). So we can write off the claim that "Hitler took the guns" as not entirely true.

Hitler actually relaxed gun control laws in Nazi Germany (although he did prevent Jews from owning guns). So we can write off the claim that "Hitler took the guns" as not entirely true.

He took the Czech, Austrian, Polish, Belgian, Dutch, French, Danish, Yugoslav, and Greek ones, and tried to take ours and the Russians, so not entirely wrong, either.

I have a lemon that stops sharks attacking me. Because of this lemon I've never been attacked by a shark.

That's the logic of the whole defend against the government second amendment argument nowadays.

Makes sense when you remember America is a country whose greatest invention of the 21st century is this

craziest-foods-5.jpg

The us government has enough weaponry to defeat the russians, the chinese and anyone else who fancies a pop, at the same time.

Some rednecks with some handguns and rifles aren't going to stop an m1 abram

I have a lemon that stops sharks attacking me. Because of this lemon I've never been attacked by a shark.

That's the logic of the whole defend against the government second amendment argument nowadays.

Makes sense when you remember America is a country whose greatest invention of the 21st century is this

craziest-foods-5.jpg

Lemons don't stop sharks attacking you ya daftie..................it's Limes.

Why do you think people in the UK ie Limies, don't get attacked by sharks and Aussies do.

We relised that centuries back but they are to stubborn to listen to us - that's why they get eaten by Jaws.

I love walking about theme parks and theres guys with their kids walking about with guns in their holdsters, concealed carrying of guns is permitted in the parks. Are they affraid of Mickey Mouse? Reading through some forums on the subject is an entertaining looking at their thought process if anyone has time.

''i wasn't sure about carrying so I just took my recon 1 knife with me today, since i had a few beers''

2nd ammendment

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

If you can't see the sense in that, then you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Archived