Americans and their gun culture

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit ironic for Ted Nugent to in favour of murdering peadophiles since.

In fact, in the case of Nugent, we have even come to see alleged child sexual abuse as some sort of eccentricity or harmless vice. Can you imagine anyone else who had been accused of having sex with a 12-year-old, written a song about raping a 13-year-old and adopted a 17-year-old so that he could have sex with her

I know it sounds silly but my reluctance to travel to the US is partly down to their attitude to carrying weapons; it absolutely terrifies me.

Been 3 times I've yet to see anyone other than a policeman carrying one. I did see them for sale in Walmart however.

I don't go to Japan incase I get a samurai sword in the head.

I did say it was a silly fear; I also have a fear of actually boarding a flight to the US even though I fully well know they have the tightest security when it comes to air travel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBKMEOGzrWA

Being serious for a brief moment, the Aussies managed to pass through gun control legislation despite being equally nuts. Up until the Port Arthur massacre in 1996, there had been 13 gun massacres in 20 years - a "massacre" is apparently more than 4 deaths in Australia - meaning well over 100 people had been shot dead in mass shootings in a 20 year period.

Unfortunately some politicians saw their political careers tragically cut short as a result of the legislation (which didn't ban guns but merely restricted what guns you can and cannot own) :(

The reason why owning guns in America is a right is so citizens can protect themselves against tyrannical government or lawlessness. It's no coincidence one of the first things Hitler, Stalin, Mao. and Pott did was take peoples guns away.

Archived