east fife v Berwick Rangers

Mind that time Paul Willis fucked you all

No, when was that???

The only thing Willis is capable of fucking is a plateful at Nandos and a career as a professional footballer!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wanky piss-poor chad valley cow of a phone from Carphone tosspots won't load the highlights. Will have to get the laptop out.

Really pleased that Paul Currie showed some form and that we deservedly won a game that we might have lost last season.

Surely a chance against Morton now and need a good win over Shire next week to ramp up confidence.

(not to mention 2 new signings....)

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the Albert Toss household when David Gold's 89th minute winner came up on his Rediffusion set. Pints of bitter tears spilling everywhere.

Cracking game and good result for us. East Fife looked sharper in the opening 10m, with their wide men (both impressive) whipping in crosses that just eluded their lumbering No.9 and pointless no.14. After a lethargic start the midfield got a grip and the Curries controlled the game up the break, with excellent support from Maxwell, (my motm) and Willis. Lavery worked his arse off up top as the lone striker with the central midfielders breaking in support. Tulloch was again in commanding form at the back. In a 2 minute spell prior to the opener, Lee Currie had a goalbound shot cleared off the line, Hoskins thumped a header off the bar and their keeper made a good sprawling save from Lee Currie's raking 30 yarder. His namesake's opening goal was a thing of rare beauty. Willis set him up 25 yards out and he bent a 25 yard screamer past the keeper with the outside of his boot. Lee Currie's expertly-taken set piece was then bulleted past his own keepe by Walker (my initial reaction was that Willis had scored) to give us a deserved 2 goal lead at the break. The big difference between the teams at the interval was that we'd played some good stuff on the deck while EF tended to go long, a tactic perhaps influenced by the wind.

Second half meandered along fairly uneventfully until the penalty award. It was hard to make from where i was sitting whether it was a foul or not, but it was a daft one to concede given that we were in no real danger when the EF 14 got on the ball. Johny needs to be a wee bit warier because it let the home side back into the game, and their revival was cemented by Campbell's stunning free kick from 45 yards out. The equaliser put the home side in the ascendancy and the turning point came with Bald's stunning point blank save from Moyes's powerful header. By this time, with absolute predictability, Colin steven had lost control of the game which threatened to boil over. I think the final card count was 9 or 10 bookings, with Ben Millers' the most farcical of the bunch.

Despite being pegged back we kept on going. EF did'nt threaten again and it has to be said they were really poor up top, or at least until Ross Campbell came on when they looked more cohesive. Gold's winner came from Lee Currie's sharp free kick and the sub spun on to a sclaffed shot that somehow found its way into the net for the winner. Brilliant.

Around 100 Berwick fans there too, with good vocal support for the team.

Some injury worries ahead of tomorrow night's visit to Cappielow. Stevie Notman had'nt trained all week with a knee injury and was withdrawn before the end on Saturday, while Paul Currie did'nt reappear after the break following a bad tackle on him. We still need those 2-3 new signings.

Looking forward to Saturday, but Shire's win over Elgin should put any thoughts of a stroll in the park to bed.

Archived