Airdrie v Peterhead - for both sets of fans

Proves nothing.

Plus, can be a foul and a dive and that's what makes the modern game difficult.

I never said it proved anything, I was just giving my opinion on the incident and posting the picture. I'd say the majority of Airdrie fans think it was a foul, but there are some who think he dived. Either way, it cost us the game.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 photos by Bob Dalzell, one on the club match report http://www.airdriefc.com/reports/2014/08/16 and the 2nd in a link to Bobs match photo's.

First one on the match report shows the defender with his hand on Parkers right shoulder edge of the box, second one in the link above the photo shows Parker by this time on his knees, with the defenders hand still on his shoulder, it also shows Gray, unmarked to Parkers right, so he could have went one on one with the keeper, dived in the box or more likely drew the keeper and squared it to Gray for a tap in to an empty net, so why dive outside the box?

Photos show clear and more importantly continuous contact, the Ref screwed up big time.

Sam

2 photos by Bob Dalzell, one on the club match report http://www.airdriefc.com/reports/2014/08/16 and the 2nd in a link to Bobs match photo's.

First one on the match report shows the defender with his hand on Parkers right shoulder edge of the box, second one in the link above the photo shows Parker by this time on his knees, with the defenders hand still on his shoulder, it also shows Gray, unmarked to Parkers right, so he could have went one on one with the keeper, dived in the box or more likely drew the keeper and squared it to Gray for a tap in to an empty net, so why dive outside the box?

Photos show clear and more importantly continuous contact, the Ref screwed up big time.

Sam

And this one clearly show the Airdrie boy karate chopping Noble in the nuts :1eye

post-40809-0-99276800-1408272240_thumb.p

Three words, and they are big ones: Buchanan, Milojevic, Barr.

Poor show.

Barr's not that big, it's only four letters.

I don't think Milojevic is that huge a loss, he was decent but replaceable. Adam is a far bigger miss.

I suppose that one positive was that the gate was 300 up on the previous game.

Any idea how many were Trust generated?

Great job by those guys, let's hope that they keep performing the way that they do, the club needs help like this.

We were far from brilliant today, but the game turned on the sending-off. He was fouled, whether he drew it or not is irrelevant. It was a foul, not a dive. Referee was shocking throughout.

i-4w4SDWK-XL_zpsbb93f418.jpg

For me he was looking for a penalty and the No.6 to be sent off instead of doing what any good forward would do and taking a shot at goal when he had the opportunity.

He got in front of the man and looked to slam the brakes on to draw a foul and I thought he was on his way down before any impact although I was further away than you.

Either way, that's not what I want in a forward when they have a decent chance of scoring, never mind just getting a shot in.

Pretty fucking angry with him costing us a chance at the game.

He wasn't in the box though. So he dived to win a free kick when he could have scored? Not sure I'm buying that.

Hopefully the highlights will clarify as this has obviously split opinion. Parkers been poor so far this season but I thought he was fouled.

As far as I believe Airdrie do not provide highlights so there will be no video evidence either way & still photos don't show things properly so as far as the sending off its a stalemate. Where I would agree is we did take over the game after it, we had been very poor up to that point. Don't think anyone can disagree it was a great bit of control & a fine finish from Andy Rodgers to get us in front & David Cox showed fine determination to finish for the second. We could well have been behind by half-time but are not so easily panicked nowadays. Good luck with your trust iniciative good to see quite a number of youngsters turning up on a poor day weatherwise hopefully given time you will gain some more support from the town.

He wasn't in the box though. So he dived to win a free kick when he could have scored? Not sure I'm buying that.

Hopefully the highlights will clarify as this has obviously split opinion. Parkers been poor so far this season but I thought he was fouled.

That makes it even worse that he didn't know where the line was! He's typical of modern players in that the slightest touch, not even a touch that would cause loss of balance, and he goes down when it would be easier to stay on his feet. Even if the picture is accurate, when was the last time someone tapped you on the shoulder and you threw yourself to the ground?

We'll all need to agree to disagree here.

He was getting caught by the defender pace wise so I've no issue that he's run across him, especially with the keeper coming off his line to narrow the angle. It should in theory make it harder for the defender to tackle and should he misjudge it, should likely result in a foul (worst case scenario). Obviously didn't happen in this instance! He could also be slowing as he's steadying to shoot.

Parker is outside the box obviously - Im sure he knows that! Which in my eyes makes it less likely he'd dive without contact. I appreciate others disagree though.

The photo proves nothing. Doesn't rule out a clip of the heels so don't see what purpose it serves. What happened before/after etc. not clear!

All opinions though. We've seen it once after all! Without a video replay we'll never know (and even then it might not be conclusive). Time to move on. One thing we're all pretty much agreed on is it's probably no bad thing he won't play next week!

I believe because like most things associated with the club, the person doing it was doing so in their own time for no fee. They now have other commitments, more than likely ones which pay.

Its the usual thing we have a guy that does bluetoon tv for us providing a great highlights, pre & after match interviews service as far as I know for no payment & folk tend to take the service for granted eventually. He is looking for some help just now to reduce the time he has to put into it so will hopefully get a volunteer. At this level we have to rely on enthusiastic folk to do this as there would be no income generated from the service without subscriptions which some clubs do.

Archived