Airdrie v Peterhead - for both sets of fans

This is mostly for Airdrie fans, but any visiting Peterhead fans with kids are more than welcome to come along and enjoy whats being laid on. We will, of course, welcome donations of any old football strips you have for KitAid.

Saturday sees another massive day in the Supporters’ Trusts’ Football Strip Amnesty initiative. We have already reached many of the milestones and targets we set ourselves when we 1st drew up the plan….

Increased press exposure locally and nationally – tick.
Targeted all schools in North Lanarkshire – tick.
Increased the clubs’ profile in Airdrie – tick.
Sourced thousands of strips for charity – tick.
Increased membership of Trust and Aces – tick.
Work in partnership with local businesses to benefit and promote both parties – tick.
Rekindled interest amongst old and new fans, young and old - ????

The last point is an unknown. Certainly on Social media etc it would appear that we have, and indeed we have given out close to 400 season tickets to under 16’s. This is beyond our wildest dreams - we have ALL come together to achieve something amazing, and I can’t remember the last time the Airdrie support has been so united for the same cause. But we now have to show it at the games.

Saturday is a massive day - our 1st home game where the free season tickets can be used. We have already proved the doubters wrong with what we have achieved so far. Now we have one last goal. If people only take their kids to even one game, please try to make it this one. There will be many eyes on our game to see what effect the scheme has on the attendance, and despite 3 defeats, we need to get the attendance hopefully into 4 figures.

We have lined up pre match entertainment for the kids, for what we hope will be a great day out for all.

The Stadium will open up the Rowan Suite specifically for families before the match. The bar will be open for adults (selling plenty ML6), while we have lined up the following for the kids

Bouncy Castle 1pm-2.40
Peter Merlin Magician and Entertainer – 1.40-2.40
Face Painting from 1pm
Balloons
Merchandise on sale – kids t-shirts, scarves, etc.

In addition to this, the Airdrie Aces will be taken for a special coaching session on the pitch from 12.45 to 1.30. We also hope to get pictures taken of all Aces as they arrive at the Rowan Suite. We will be using these to (eventually) get profiles up on a new Trust website, and also to use them on a freeze to go around the Diamonds Den which the kids can hopefully colour in throughout the season. All Aces will be notified by email in the next day or so by Willie.

We won't have a designated section as such, but would try to get all families etc to the front of Section H. The more the kids sit together, make pals etc, the more chance there is of them coming back.

Please spread the word and make sure we have as big a turnout as possible.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great post Evil Jim and what a fantastic effort by the Trust and bodes well for the future of this club.

If I can change my shift I'll be there at the weekend cheering the lads on. Any idea of the total number of season books issued this year and how the figure compares with recent years?

It would be good to know how many of the 400 or so books are used by the kids.

"Onward and upward" as is said.

400 season tickets have been distributed, and I know of people who donated strips and were entitled to a freebie, but are still going to buy one anyway. Around 40 season tickets were bought last year.Also got lots of parents and lapsed fans who are returning and buying season tickets for the 1st time in years, and the merchandise we are selling has went down a storm.

Hopefully the team can pull out a result and keep people coming back.

Brilliant initiatives and some hard work being put in to get the future generation through the gates.

It's a shame there isn't a half decent team on the park though it could get tiresome turning up and watching home defeat after home defeat as Airdrie finish between 8th/10th.

Brilliant initiatives and some hard work being put in to get the future generation through the gates.

It's a shame there isn't a half decent team on the park though it could get tiresome turning up and watching home defeat after home defeat as Airdrie finish between 8th/10th.

Your constant attempts to be Stenny's answer to VT is extremely tiresome.

Anyone got a clue about the game though? Don't know much about Peterhead but they have a proven goalscorer at this level in Rory McAlister. Given our back line doesn't seemed settled or match fit yet, I'd wager on us losing at least one.

Going by reports thus far (missed the Stenny games) Lister still isn't quite up to speed and that is a major problem for us. His reversal of form last year was one of many crucial factors in turning our season around.

It's not a "must win" tomorrow by any means, but we need to get off the mark and not get mired in the quagmire (giggety) we were involved in last year.

No reason for the optimism, but I'm going for 2-1 Airdrie.

That's an absolutely tremendous signing for Peterhead, he'll be superb at this level. He may well have chosen Peterhead anyway, but I'm fucking livid that Duffy didn't bother his arse to offer a contract.

Archived