Morton v Stranraer + bonus Dundee seethe

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was 4-0 going on 10-0. We missed so many chances that were probably easier to score especially towards the end of the game.

We should of had another couple of penalties but the ref absolutely sh*t himself. Utter stupidity from the Stranraer #3 in the last 15 mins. Should've been a straight red nevermind a second booking.

I was really impressed by McManus, he was one of the better players last week but he was brilliant today. Always chases down the ball, has a cracking first touch and he knows where the net is. O'Ware done really well up top as well. Hold up the ball brilliantly and made some cracking turns. Just needs to work on his Positioning. Jamie McCluskey had a cracking game as well - we need to extend his contract. Pepper's goal was an absolute screamer, cant wait to see that one again.

Overall much much better than the dreadful performance last week & If we play like that consistently we'll be in the play-offs no problem :thumsup2

Enjoyed that performance. So much for my pre match pessimism!

We bossed that one from the start. Even if Stranraer did have their full 11 on we would have won. As it was their keeper made an absolute howler by coming out for that and getting himself sent off.

McManus had a cracking game, as did McCluskey. Pepper was my MOTM, and not just for that pearler of a goal he scored. He absolutely ran the show in midfield.

Thought O'Ware's touch let him down far too much, lost count of the number of chances he fucked up. Not his fault that he is being picked up front, though.

Where on earth did that performance come from? It remains to be seen if we can do the same against 11 men for 90 minutes but that was an excellent performance, and even before the first red we were passing it about nicely. We continued to play passing football throughout which allowed our midfield to completely take control of the game, and it really should have been far more than four in the end.

Let's continue to play a passing game please, the entire team looked far more comfortable with that than the hoof.

Not seen the likes since the days of Gerry Britton. Dreadful stuff.

Wouldn't have Chris Fahey in a Stranraer shirt again. Can kick a ball at Morton fans but couldn't hit his on player anytime he had the ball. Probably a trivial issue on the grand scheme as there's, the 3-5-2 formation, Barry Russell, Jackson Longridge and Steven Stirling all to worry about.

Needs sorted sooner rather than later.

Hope Ayr fans chug themselves to death over this.

Not seen the likes since the days of Gerry Britton. Dreadful stuff.

Wouldn't have Chris Fahey in a Stranraer shirt again. Can kick a ball at Morton fans but couldn't hit his on player anytime he had the ball. Probably a trivial issue on the grand scheme as there's, the 3-5-2 formation, Barry Russell, Jackson Longridge and Steven Stirling all to worry about.

Needs sorted sooner rather than later.

Hope Ayr fans chug themselves to death over this.

Don't worry about Ayr, or their fans; they'll soon turn to the relegation fodder that we're all expecting.

Watch this space.

Fine performance.

It's still hard to judge how good this team actually are, with Stranraer playing the majority of the game with ten men, but personally, I felt even before the sending off, we were in control.

After the penalty, we played sublime. Some excellent football was on show, with Pepper, McManus and McCluskey being the standouts. Defensively, we weren't tested, but Milojevic and Crighton look like a solid partnership. O'Ware's touch let him down far too many times throughout the game, but his hold up play, I thought, was brilliant.

Peterhead will be a completely different test, but it'll give us another chance to see exactly how good this squad is. If we can keep McManus, Pepper and McCluskey fit, as well as getting McCluskey 2.0 and Barrowman back, our squad will be very difficult to beat.

Well, I didn't see THAT coming.

Until the red card it had been fairly even, Stranraer having a little more of the possession with us having a couple of chances. Once they went a man down we grew in confidence and all but put the game to bed (although with Morton no lead ever seems safe).

Great pass for the 2nd and Pepper's goal was a beauty.

No passengers and some of our touches and movement were very pleasing on the eye.

Encouraging, let's hope we can do this against 11 men too.

Tom O'Ware reminded me of playground football. He knows he's getting shunted back to the bench or defence once Barrowman's fit so, second half, just decided to enjoy himself. Including the "I won the free kick so I get to hit it" routine and just using any excuse to do a Cruyff turn.

After hearing about how atrocious Lamie and Kilday were, especially going forward, I thought they were solid at the back and competent going forward.

Miller was disappointing. Game seemed to pass by him and was expecting more of Russel. Pepper, O'Ware, McCluskey and Elvis really impressed me tae.

Archived