Morton v Stranraer + bonus Dundee seethe

Clearly the enthusiasm for a new season under Jim Duffy's 'unique' style of management is still going strong. First game of the season for me and I expect an utter shitfest, at least from the home side. 1-1.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

It only seems a few short months ago that you were staying up all night making gifs in the mistaken belief that your team had put an end to Dundee's title hopes.

Now look at our respective teams; we're sat in the lofty heights of the Scottish Premiership, playing attractive, free flowing football while your mob are cutting about the seaside leagues with Jim 'relegation' Duffy as your boss.

How is that humble pie tasting?

It only seems a few short months ago that you were staying up all night making gifs in the mistaken belief that your team had put an end to Dundee's title hopes.

Now look at our respective teams; we're sat in the lofty heights of the Scottish Premiership, playing attractive, free flowing football while your mob are cutting about the seaside leagues with Jim 'relegation' Duffy as your boss.

It wasn't that long ago that many Dundee fans were in meltdown thinking they'd blown their promotion chances having lost to already relegated Morton.

Humble pie? We were already relegated and simply enjoying the meltdown of Dundee fans. Many of us wanted Dundee to go up because of Hartley. It's a bit embarrassing that you're still wound up enough to care about it TBH.

I'm not sure Dundee fans ever grasped that most of us didn't actually care which one of Dundee, Hamilton and Falkirk won the league: all three of you are utter b*****ds in your own way. We merely saw the absolute meltdowns ensuing and reveled in them.

Anyway, we should have Jim Bowen patrolling the Cowshed shouting 'Look at what you could have had as manager!' for this game, as Stevie Aitken uses his vastly superior managerial skills to lead his superior squad built with a vastly inferior budget to a comfortable victory over the absolutely rancid excuse of a football team our absolutely rancid excuse of a manager has assembled like a clown car.

It wasn't that long ago that many Dundee fans were in meltdown thinking they'd blown their promotion chances having lost to already relegated Morton.

Humble pie? We were already relegated and simply enjoying the meltdown of Dundee fans. Many of us wanted Dundee to go up because of Hartley. It's a bit embarrassing that you're still wound up enough to care about it TBH.

Calm down Spoon, I am merely re-living a hilarious turn of events from a few weeks back.

Why did "many" Morton fans want Dundee to go up because of Hartley? Because he played 3 games on loan? Surely you're not telling me that's the reason?

Part of their 'special relationship', is a mutual loathing of all things Paisley.

Pretty sure Hartley sat in with the Morton fans in a Challenge Cup quarter a good while ago IIRC, and he also managed to score against us whilst on loan at Cappielow as well.

Part of their 'special relationship', is a mutual loathing of all things Paisley.

Pretty sure Hartley sat in with the Morton fans in a Challenge Cup quarter a good while ago IIRC, and he also managed to score against us whilst on loan at Cappielow as well.

And Spoon's claiming they wanted Dundee to go up on the back of that?

Heard it.

Pretty much this. A short loan move, but it was great for us and great for him.

And Spoon's claiming they wanted Dundee to go up on the back of that?

Heard it.

Speaking for myself:

Tbh there's plenty of good Morton connections in the Dundee team that I'm happy to see doing well, especially Hartley, McAlister, and MacDonald. Would rather they go up than Hamilton.

Bigmouth Strikes Again, on 12 Aug 2014 - 18:56, said:

Fucking hell, Stranraer at home with Duffy as your manager, might as well jump off a cliff.

Swap that with Stranraer away and you have the game that ended Duffy's association with Dundee.

I'm not sure Dundee fans ever grasped that most of us didn't actually care which one of Dundee, Hamilton and Falkirk won the league: all three of you are utter b*****ds in your own way.

^^^ verge of tears

This is going to be a hilarious read this season.

Stranraer 10 Morton 0

I like this optimism about "free flowing attractive football", its the same arrogance Partick fans had their first season up. Funny thing is Dundee don't have a half decent striker, so they'll follow the same route of looking pretty but having no substance

I like this optimism about "free flowing attractive football", its the same arrogance Partick fans had their first season up. Funny thing is Dundee don't have a half decent striker, so they'll follow the same route of looking pretty but having no substance

What's arrogant about that, BoredomGuy?

We could play free-flowing, attractive football from now til the end of the season and get pumped every game.

Archived