Craigroyston Fc

How is craigroyston getting beat from Ormiston? Think Craigy will struggle this season!

This should be retitled "How is craigroyston getting beat from everyone?"

Answer is Coz they are shite!!

Binman is correct, Bye Bye Gary

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottom line is a team needs good players. Craigroyston don't have them. If not, they need a manager who can get good players- don't have that either. So finally have a manager who can coach well and get the most out of players that aren't as good as the others in the league- and have a team that is better than the sum of it's parts. Unfortunately for craigroyston and their committee, that's not what they have either- although anyone in eos circles could have told them that. Their fault for a poor appointment.

Bottom line is a team needs good players. Craigroyston don't have them. If not, they need a manager who can get good players- don't have that either. So finally have a manager who can coach well and get the most out of players that aren't as good as the others in the league- and have a team that is better than the sum of it's parts. Unfortunately for craigroyston and their committee, that's not what they have either- although anyone in eos circles could have told them that. Their fault for a poor appointment.

who should have the job then? Lot of people criticising Gary but nobody saying who should have the job.

Last manager left Gary with players who are not good enough and no chance to get decent players in as any decent player would already be signed for a club

who should have the job then? Lot of people criticising Gary but nobody saying who should have the job.

Last manager left Gary with players who are not good enough and no chance to get decent players in as any decent player would already be signed for a club

My point is that the club knew this- so did gary so taking the job (and them offering it) is stupid if he doesn't have the coaching ability to do the job needed with weaker players.

They could have given it to any number of decent coaches- there are a lot of good coaches involved with eos and LL teams, as well as amateur teams who have the ability to work with players in training and make them better as individuals and as a team. To suggest that there wasn't anyone else out there shows the narrow mindedness of football in Scotland. Do the research and employ the right people.

I had the misfortune to watch yesterdays game too many ageing players looks to me the inherited squad is not good enough but at this stage of the season when every bodys signed where do you find decent players,craigy should probably have changed manager 3-4 weeks earlier when the committee were openly heard slating the squad an ex pro manager had put together

craigy actually played well in this game but their defending was shocking and lthv punished them

lthv from a squad of about 25 ! only had 10 fit players and 1 ill sub who had to come on after ten mins but they worked their socks off for each other which was great to see for a change

good luck to both teams

I had the misfortune to watch yesterdays game too many ageing players looks to me the inherited squad is not good enough but at this stage of the season when every bodys signed where do you find decent players,craigy should probably have changed manager 3-4 weeks earlier when the committee were openly heard slating the squad an ex pro manager had put together

Might have been ex pro manager but no idea of eos football

Believe he signed number of players without seeing them play and never went to watch matches

craigy actually played well in this game but their defending was shocking and lthv punished them

lthv from a squad of about 25 ! only had 10 fit players and 1 ill sub who had to come on after ten mins but they worked their socks off for each other which was great to see for a change

good luck to both teams

I thought it was a decent game. Lothian looked really sharp and have some great young players with good pace in most areas. I know twaddle has taken a bit of stick on here but he's still got a good squad at LTHV, although he wasn't at the game himself (??). I'd still fancy them to get back closer to Leith at the top and challenge. Gormley and Wringe were a threat all afternoon going forward, the only worry is that their defence was split a bit too easily at times.

Craigie did play pretty well and missed a number of good opportunities. Their defending was brutal though and lost 3 really poor goals from set pieces as well as one penalty for a stupid handball. They were caught on the counter a lot though which resuted in the other 2 goals.

I was surprised at how well Craigie played given their recent results. I don't know Gary Aitchison so can't comment on his training or ability to manage but it looked to me that they have enough decent players to improve if he can address the cheap goals they lost.

Good luck to both teams as well.

Take it you and Binman will be applying for the job then?

Not a chance in hell would I or any one with a bit sense take on this job, not with the current committee always slagging off the players and criticising every manager that they appoint. It is time they had a good look at themselves and stepped back. Should approach one of the decent amateur or juvenile managers to bring in his players and some committee. Not sit back and hope that Jose Mourino applies.

Not a chance in hell would I or any one with a bit sense take on this job, not with the current committee always slagging off the players and criticising every manager that they appoint. It is time they had a good look at themselves and stepped back. Should approach one of the decent amateur or juvenile managers to bring in his players and some committee. Not sit back and hope that Jose Mourino applies.

Why dont you join committee then. You seem to have plenty of ideas for the club

I spoke to one of their better players on sat night,he told me the ex manager signed his sons pals and players that he hadn't seen play before,who aren't decent at amateur level never mind EoS he also told me the current manager is working hard to get new players in,the squad was made up of 8 centre mids an 6 centre halfs most of them not good enough couple that with 2 or 3 ageing players and its not a good mixture,being honest after watching sat game some of the players are beyond coaching maybe dynamo should apply for the job

I spoke to one of their better players on sat night,he told me the ex manager signed his sons pals and players that he hadn't seen play before,who aren't decent at amateur level never mind EoS he also told me the current manager is working hard to get new players in,the squad was made up of 8 centre mids an 6 centre halfs most of them not good enough couple that with 2 or 3 ageing players and its not a good mixture,being honest after watching sat game some of the players are beyond coaching maybe dynamo should apply for the job

Who takes the training sessions at craigroyston? Does Gary take the sessions or is it a coach?

Every player can be improved- it's why Ronaldo and messi still turn up to training....... But the right coach is needed to make the difference for craigie.

Has gary been sacked yet.....????

No way the committee admit their original mistake and sack him. Also think a new gaffer needs time but it doesn't seem from the outside like there's been any improvements so far.

I've asked before, but does anyone know who takes the training sessions and does the coaching at craigie? Is it gary?

Has gary been sacked yet.....????

would you like gary sacked ? ? if you want the job go and ask craigy committee, I went along for 2nd week in a row just to see what he has to work with,the answer, not an awful lot to be fair.not many coaches could coach whats there

I went along for 2nd week in a row just to see what he has to work with,the answer, not an awful lot to be fair.not many coaches could coach whats there

No having this. So narrow minded. Why not?

Too many in Scottish football claim that coaching won't work and it's embarrassing- there are some excellent coaches in this part of the world and the sooner teams (LL, EoS, and lower levels of SPFL) start realising this and put them in posts where they can have a positive effect on the quality of player and team then the better.

Archived