club overheads and council help

ricky burgh

I have been in discussion over a number of years with clubs all over Scotland and it seems to me that clubs particularly in the old central league get little or no help to run their club from their local councils , I know of clubs in Ayrshire who are in good facilities provided free to the club , the club then have full control of letting parks out for finals etc thus deriving an income and then receive a grant from the council to help maintain the pitch.

My Club has to pay for entire maintenance of the ground , electricity , water , and ,cutting and lining the park, which is a 5 figure sum .

what does your local council do to foster junior football , Renfrewshire council does very little

I have been in discussion over a number of years with clubs all over Scotland and it seems to me that clubs particularly in the old central league get little or no help to run their club from their local councils , I know of clubs in Ayrshire who are in good facilities provided free to the club , the club then have full control of letting parks out for finals etc thus deriving an income and then receive a grant from the council to help maintain the pitch.

My Club has to pay for entire maintenance of the ground , electricity , water , and ,cutting and lining the park, which is a 5 figure sum .

what does your local council do to foster junior football , Renfrewshire council does very little

Ricky we deal south Lanarkshire council and they have been patchy with us to say the least and that's me being kind to them.

It has taken them three goes to turf the goalmouths.

South Lanarkshire Council probably invest the least of all the councils compared to North Lanarkshire Council who have a lot better facilities than most they have also been helpful to Wishaw with their park.

We played Blackburn and West Calder in friendlies and there council works closely with the clubs and they have terrific facilities.

North Lanarkshire Council are just about to complete the refurbishment of Victoria Park in time for this Saturday. Our local councillor Mr Robert McKendrick, has been a big voice and influence with NLC for us in getting these overdue improvements to the facilities approved and carried out. So I have to say when called upon, both Mr McKendrick and NLC delivered and we as a club fully appreciate their help, support and efforts.

I know of clubs in Ayrshire who are in good facilities provided free to the club , the club then have full control of letting parks out for finals etc thus deriving an income and then receive a grant from the council to help maintain the pitch.

Cannot see South Ayrshire Council agreeing to this, in any way at all.

Bankiebill

Our park is council owned facility so that is part of the ground maintenance plan.

Returfing the goal area should not take three attempts.

They will not allow is to improve the facilities at our expense .

It is the lack of willingness to invest in facilities that South Lanarkshire council are guilty of

Bankiebill

Our park is council owned facility so that is part of the ground maintenance plan.

Returfing the goal area should not take three attempts.

They will not allow is to improve the facilities at our expense .

It is the lack of willingness to invest in facilities that South Lanarkshire council are guilty of

3 times !!!! Did they no come back and water it or was it half deed turf they put doon ?.

Seems strange they don't want to maintain the ground yet won't let you do it yourselves.

Our council took our ground off us and now wont even give us 1 to play in they would rather see us die ..we've had to do pre season jst road running and using bits of waste ground now that is what u call a real shambles the club is lucky to still be alive ...well up until now anyway

Armadale thistle have the burden off maintaining volunteer and allow usage off the park to all local groups and youth teams at no cost ..infact the custidians off the dale are left to clean up at the clubs cost ....junior clubs should get some help from councils for putting so much back into comunities ...

Up until this year south Lanarkshire council were worse than useless with the gows park. It took the pitch getting washed away for them to actually try and solve the problem. We haven't played a home game since last year. Although we should be in for the league game against the ants. If they had cleaned the culvert like they agreed to do it would have cost them half as much.

Archived