Robin Williams - Brown Bread?

In One Hour Photo he put in one of the darkest, creepiest performances I've ever seen, and yet he was great in so many family movies. Very few people could've done that.

Aye, between that and Insomnia, we seen a proper psycho version of him, although One Hour Photo was particularly nasty stuff from him.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewDomDom, on 12 Aug 2014 - 00:46, said:

Aye, between that and Insomnia, we seen a proper psycho version of him, although One Hour Photo was particularly nasty stuff from him.

One Hour Photo wasn't a particularly great film. Put an average actor in that, or Insomnia (Which had Al Pacino as another main character) and they films wouldn't have been near as good as they were. He carried them two films with incredible performances.

The Birdcage was my personal favourite of his. Underrated comedy. Jumanji has to be one of the all time best children's films too. But then I suppose he had a few of them too with Mrs. Doubtfire and Flubber.

Hook and Jumanji were two of my favourite films as a kid, I absolutely adored him. As I've grown older I've come to appreciate the more different type of work in his career. Like a couple of others in this thread I don't get particularly upset about celebrity deaths but hearing Robin Williams had died was a real blow.

R.I.P. Robin.

When you make as many films as Williams did over his career, then there will inevitably be some stinkers. His good stuff outweighed the bad for me so I'll happily cut him some slack. I also admire him for the sheer variety of roles he took on. The man had more range than most of the actors working in Hollywood today.

Although unlike many, I found his 'improv' stuff largely unwatchable. Still, sadder than usual about a celebrity death.

When you make as many films as Williams did over his career, then there will inevitably be some stinkers. His good stuff outweighed the bad for me so I'll happily cut him some slack. I also admire him for the sheer variety of roles he took on. The man had more range than most of the actors working in Hollywood today.

Although unlike many, I found his 'improv' stuff largely unwatchable. Still, sadder than usual about a celebrity death.

Death of Margo hit me harder still feel sad though enjoyed his stand up and films

Tears of a clown spring to mind happy on the outside but crying inside and lonely

Had to have had his demons he gave and drugs to so had to be strong

Only to hang him self sad really when all he wanted to do was entertain us

Archived