Robin Williams - Brown Bread?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It went downhill for him after Aladdin freed him. You know at the end of Aladdin he's talking about where he's going to go? Turns out he just went mental on the drugs and drink.

For all his comedy roles his best performance was easily in the brilliant Good Will Hunting.

Seymour Skinner, on 12 Aug 2014 - 00:22, said:

Is he mrs Doubtfire or am I imagining things?

He is.

It's unreal how many great performances he's turned in. Just because he was a 'funnyman' he was severely underrated.

Aladdin, One Hour Photo, Mrs Doubtfire, A.I, The Birdcage, Insomnia, Good morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, Flubber, Awakenings, Hook, Toys, Jumanji, Patch Adams, The Fisher King - Whether you were 5 or 95 there was a Robin Williams film you could associate with a love deeply. He was a terrific actor and the daft thing was, acting wasn't even his strong point. He was a comedian at heart. I always preferred his acting, but in clips like the 'Golf' clip above you could see he was a one in a million talent. Touched many, sad to see that he felt the need to end his life. Depression is a horrible disease.

ForzaDundee, on 12 Aug 2014 - 00:34, said:

Didn't care much for Take That but some of his solo stuff was alright. Angels is a tune.

I know P&B loves a joke at a celebrity death, but this is one I can't appreciate.

He is.

It's unreal how many great performances he's turned in. Just because he was a 'funnyman' he was severely underrated.

Aladdin, One Hour Photo, Mrs Doubtfire, A.I, The Birdcage, Insomnia, Good morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, Flubber, Awakenings, Hook, Toys, Jumanji, Patch Adams, The Fisher King - Whether you were 5 or 95 there was a Robin Williams film you could associate with a love deeply. He was a terrific actor and the daft thing was, acting wasn't even his strong point. He was a comedian at heart. I always preferred his acting, but in clips like the 'Golf' clip above you could see he was a one in a million talent. Touched many, sad to see that he felt the need to end his life. Depression is a horrible disease.

In One Hour Photo he put in one of the darkest, creepiest performances I've ever seen, and yet he was great in so many family movies. Very few people could've done that.

I saw him on some chat show a year or two ago (I think it was Graham Norton) and he was still brilliant. They made him do some improvisation game and he nailed it. What a talented guy.

Archived