Annan v queens park

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QP deserved winners.Seems a lot of disharmony with Annan management just now.

Fact : -3 new signings Logan the best of the lot and he didn't even start :o

Carcarry - speed merchant ? - maybe 6 years ago when Dumbarton won the leaguie.

McStay - yeh that boy conserves energy - Piddle could run faster ( sorry Piddle - Tan said that)

QP will be safe this year - not great - no chance of promotion, must like Annan as it stands.

Great set off fans though - gentlemen to a scholar.

Am faster than most surely, have you seen me getting to the canteen on Thursdays

The wind was brutal, but we coped with it much better than Annan. Pretty happy with what I saw yesterday. We're getting better every game. Much more solid at the back and Vinnie Berry looking the part. Aye, quite happy.

The usual excellent hospitality at Annan. Great wee club.

I thought we looked strong all over the park. Like McPherson up front and the midfield is really coming together.

It made a pleasant change to see that our set piece delivery has improved and we used the windy conditions well at these. Should probably have scored a second from the numerous corners we got in a row in the second half but had one header cleared off the line then another put past the post. Annan goalie was very busy and he also had a fantastic reaction save low down from a McPherson flick

It was also good to see Quinn and McGregor make up for their individual errors of the previous week by having really solid games. Real competition for places this season so players will know that if they don’t perform consistently then they’ll lose their place. I’m glad Gus picked the same side and didn’t panic after 2 games without a win, important to try to get a bit of continuity playing to a system.

Archived