Livi v Cowden

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talbot seemed to pick up a dodgy injury after a fair 50/50 challenge with Robbo.Seen he was struggling with his back and looked genuinely concerned.Pleased it wasn't serious.

What riles me is that some supporters were shouting at him to get up, time waster etc, when he was clearly in discomfort.get this with any support not just ours, and I don't understand why football fans carry on like this.

First time I've saw us this season and I wasn't too impressed to be honest. With respect to Cowdenbeath they really weren't up to much, but we didn't seem to play with any real conviction in the first half, apart from White's volley. Second half there was a noticeable change, first goal was slightly lucky considering Keaghan's cross could've went anywhere off the post. Second goal was a great finish from White, really good feet for a big guy and my only criticism of him would be his relative lack of pace. Individually I thought both he and Glen had good games but I'd like to see how White does up front with someone else, as opposed to having the second forward behind him like Glen.

The concerning thing for me was the ease at which Cowden could've got something from the game; poor defending for the chance which saw them hit the crossbar and then even worse defending for their goal. I'll respectfully disagree with LF's suggestion that we could finish fourth or fifth - based on what I've saw of Falkirk on Friday night I'd say they look a better side than us but again, I've only seen ourselves the once. Putting Kyle Jacobs at LB for the last 15 minutes or so was just daft, based on what I've read from the friendlies and cup games Rutherford's looked a decent prospect, so for him not to get the chance was disappointing, and could be argued almost cost us.

Talbot seemed to pick up a dodgy injury after a fair 50/50 challenge with Robbo.Seen he was struggling with his back and looked genuinely concerned.Pleased it wasn't serious. What riles me is that some supporters were shouting at him to get up, time waster etc, when he was clearly in discomfort.get this with any support not just ours, and I don't understand why football fans carry on like this.

Aye the boy got a sore one even although he played on he was still holding onto his side for ages after.

First time I've saw us this season and I wasn't too impressed to be honest. With respect to Cowdenbeath they really weren't up to much, but we didn't seem to play with any real conviction in the first half, apart from White's volley. Second half there was a noticeable change, first goal was slightly lucky considering Keaghan's cross could've went anywhere off the post. Second goal was a great finish from White, really good feet for a big guy and my only criticism of him would be his relative lack of pace. Individually I thought both he and Glen had good games but I'd like to see how White does up front with someone else, as opposed to having the second forward behind him like Glen.

The concerning thing for me was the ease at which Cowden could've got something from the game; poor defending for the chance which saw them hit the crossbar and then even worse defending for their goal. I'll respectfully disagree with LF's suggestion that we could finish fourth or fifth - based on what I've saw of Falkirk on Friday night I'd say they look a better side than us but again, I've only seen ourselves the once. Putting Kyle Jacobs at LB for the last 15 minutes or so was just daft, based on what I've read from the friendlies and cup games Rutherford's looked a decent prospect, so for him not to get the chance was disappointing, and could be argued almost cost us.

Did I say that, can't be bothered looking back, but if I did then what I actually meant was we should be aiming for 4th or 5th place as nobody looks that spectacular. We aint fantastic ourselves but then again neither is anyone else and I think we could or should be getting at least 7th place, so if we can improve a bit and show a bit more consistency than last season then improving a place or two isn't beyond us.

Really can't be fucked looking back LF, think we've got the potential to finish 4th/5th, just depends if McGlynn can find his best starting XI in time. As I said, I think 7th is the very least you'd expect us to finish bearing in mind the three PT teams haven't exactly made the best of signings (happy to be corrected in the case of those lineups).

No probs Afro, isn't a big deal, don't disagree with what you're saying anyway, we have a few things we need to improve on but they aren't major. We're scoring goals and winning games, incl cup ones, we're still in two cup comps and have 3 pointo on the board which is a lot better than last season. Don't think we had that after five games last season.

We're also playing no too badly in the 2nd half of games so it shows we're able to step it up a bit. Fitness is looking really good too with a good pre season behind us.

RB is still the weakest link but hopefully Donaldson will be back soon and do ok there.

Just to point out with some peoples negative comments about iain campbell. He came and did really well. Never gave the ball away. Put in a very good last ditch tackle. Put in a wonderful cross for a glaring opportunity for robbo. This was in like a 20 min spell. Dont know what anyone was expecting for this period of time. He needs to get fitter but his use of the ball is very good and his crossing ability is probably the reason why he came on. Im not saying he should start ahead of Kenny because he shouldnt but they both have different games.

I think lewis milne playing off the striker is working and his use of the ball and game intelligence is growing each game. its down the flanks thats our problem. Theres very little balance down the left side and up top without higgins god knows where would be. Jurisic looked lost and sutherland albeit done ok in recent games doesnt to me to appear to be a striker whom we can rely on for goals.

really good chance for us to get something on Saturday but hopefully we can pick up 3 points saturday. Mon the Cowden

p.s Somey is the worst driver in Scotland.

Nelly, you say Campbell did well and not sure what fans expect in a 20 minute spell then say Sutherland did okay but you don't think he will get goals - when he came on and made the goal - but he's not being given a 20 minute spell too. Can't be expected to bang them in given dribs and drabs. Not saying you're wrong about him btw just seems a bit harsh to write him off and defend Campbell.

I think everyone just agrees the signing of Campbell seems a waste. He isn't going to displace Kenny and the fact he isn't fit is simply unforgivable - there can be no excusing that at this level.

Fair point but sutherland made the goal.. did you see the defending it was a terrible cross mate... Im defending because you can see whats happening already no praise for when the lad does well. I dont think he is going to displace kenny and there are better players out there to sign in my opinion.

Im not writing sutherland off I think he will struggle to get goals even if we started him but I hope to be proven wrong. Sutherland should be a key signing whereas campbell is more of a squad signing?

Archived