Fixture Preview Wednesday 13th August

Abbey Vale v Mid Annandale - Mixed starts from both of these teams as Abbey Vale started poorly but picked up a good win against Uppers and Mids have 7 points on the board but will feel there is room for improvement after a defeat to Creetown at the weekend. A potential close game with Abbey Vale just edging it.

Creetown v Heston Rovers - Creetown will be pleased with their victory at the weekend against Mids but Heston should be too strong an opponent and should have the 3 points wrapped up easily enough.

Fleet Star v Lochar Thistle - Fleet seem to have improved over the past few years but Lochar are flying at the moment and anything short of a large Lochar victory would be very surprising.

Nithsdale Wanderers v Edusport Academy - This game could easily go either way with Nithsdale having home advantage and not playing at the standard they have showed for the past few years against an Edusport side who have had a terrible start to their debut season and must be hoping this plane full of talanted French scholars is an Air France one and not a Malysian Airlines one.

Upper Annandale v Crichton - A 90 minute battle looks set to be on the cards here as two physical sides face off against each other in Moffat. Uppers will miss the suspended Leighfield and this could prove to be too costly with Crichton edging it as favourites in my eyes.

As always, these views are my own. Feel free to fire your own opinions in as i'm sure not everyone will agree with mine. Personal attacks are always welcomed as I really couldn't give a shite and they just make me laugh.

CKK

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abbey Vale v Mid Annandale - Mixed starts from both of these teams as Abbey Vale started poorly but picked up a good win against Uppers and Mids have 7 points on the board but will feel there is room for improvement after a defeat to Creetown at the weekend. A potential close game with Abbey Vale just edging it.

Creetown v Heston Rovers - Creetown will be pleased with their victory at the weekend against Mids but Heston should be too strong an opponent and should have the 3 points wrapped up easily enough.

Fleet Star v Lochar Thistle - Fleet seem to have improved over the past few years but Lochar are flying at the moment and anything short of a large Lochar victory would be very surprising.

Nithsdale Wanderers v Edusport Academy - This game could easily go either way with Nithsdale having home advantage and not playing at the standard they have showed for the past few years against an Edusport side who have had a terrible start to their debut season and must be hoping this plane full of talanted French scholars is an Air France one and not a Malysian Airlines one.

Upper Annandale v Crichton - A 90 minute battle looks set to be on the cards here as two physical sides face off against each other in Moffat. Uppers will miss the suspended Leighfield and this could prove to be too costly with Crichton edging it as favourites in my eyes.

As always, these views are my own. Feel free to fire your own opinions in as i'm sure not everyone will agree with mine. Personal attacks are always welcomed as I really couldn't give a shite and they just make me laugh.

CKK

stop the bus, an actual well constructed post on the site, how long before the wee girls from the west start bitching about each other about whos dad is bigger than who's.

wins for vale, heston, lochar, edu and crichton

CKK

Fancy doing this every week?? Would be interesting if you did I'd say!! Defo something I'd read mate!! Done well

Fancy doing this every week?? Would be interesting if you did I'd say!! Defo something I'd read mate!! Done well

I used to do it every week a few years back but just couldn't find the time some weeks. Will try and do it as often as I can now.

Both clubs agreed to postpone the tie to focus on the Scottish Cup at the weekend. Wide decision.

Probably a good decision from both teams. No point in potentially getting players unnecessarily injured before arguably the biggest game of both their seasons. there's about 20 other topics on this forum at the moment which is all Newton/Wigtown related so we'll just stick to discussing the Wednesday games in here, cheers. :cheers

I used to do it every week a few years back but just couldn't find the time some weeks. Will try and do it as often as I can now.

Probably a good decision from both teams. No point in potentially getting players unnecessarily injured before arguably the biggest game of both their seasons. there's about 20 other topics on this forum at the moment which is all Newton/Wigtown related so we'll just stick to discussing the Wednesday games in here, cheers. :cheers

That's great mate!! And it is the best decision I'd say but I've heard that Newton were going to struggle to field a team due to most of their players working and living in Ayrshire!! But back on the subject of tomorrow nights games I would expect a draw in the Nithsdale v Edusport game!! Neither looking too good tbh and could both end near the bottom of the table this season IMO!! Heston will win 4-0 I think!! Lochar to win by about 10-15 I'd guess (12-0 is my prediction). I've heard Fleets Defense is horrendous!! Uppers and Crichton will be the best game this mid week I'd think!! 3-2 to uppers I'm going!! And Vale against Mids will be quite tight too!! I'll go 1-1!!

That's great mate!! And it is the best decision I'd say but I've heard that Newton were going to struggle to field a team due to most of their players working and living in Ayrshire!! But back on the subject of tomorrow nights games I would expect a draw in the Nithsdale v Edusport game!! Neither looking too good tbh and could both end near the bottom of the table this season IMO!! Heston will win 4-0 I think!! Lochar to win by about 10-15 I'd guess (12-0 is my prediction). I've heard Fleets Defense is horrendous!! Uppers and Crichton will be the best game this mid week I'd think!! 3-2 to uppers I'm going!! And Vale against Mids will be quite tight too!! I'll go 1-1!!

this is a post about Wednesdays games not about Wigtown v Newton. Tbh I think ur obsessed with what's going on at blairmount. And for Newton not getting a team we have 14 local players and 5 Ayrshire so I think you should go back to your source of information and correct them. Hope all of Wednesdays games are good and best of luck to local teams ie fleet star creetown

this is a post about Wednesdays games not about Wigtown v Newton. Tbh I think ur obsessed with what's going on at blairmount. And for Newton not getting a team we have 14 local players and 5 Ayrshire so I think you should go back to your source of information and correct them. Hope all of Wednesdays games are good and best of luck to local teams ie fleet star creetown

Mate if u read my post u would realize I just had a tiny wee bit about wigtown v Newton!! And I had agreed with the other post saying it was a good idea!! Better safe than sorry for the cup!! The vast majority of my post was about tomorrow nights games!! You clearly forgot to read that part though!! Also who the f**k are you to tell A) what I can and cannot say and B) to stop talking about a game which dominated your post just there!! Kindly stop!! All the best tae creetown tho but as I said in my last post can't see them getting anything out of the game unfortunately

Mate if u read my post u would realize I just had a tiny wee bit about wigtown v Newton!! And I had agreed with the other post saying it was a good idea!! Better safe than sorry for the cup!! The vast majority of my post was about tomorrow nights games!! You clearly forgot to read that part though!! Also who the f**k are you to tell A) what I can and cannot say and B) to stop talking about a game which dominated your post just there!! Kindly stop!! All the best tae creetown tho but as I said in my last post can't see them getting anything out of the game unfortunately

Je desespere.

I think if he didn't do the part in bold, then why did he mention Fleet Star.

Come on Flannigan, give it a rest now eh. Everyone is sick fed up of this Wigtown obsession with Newton nonsense.

CherryKitKat already said this thread was to avoid that chat - I know the irony in me posting about it - so can we leave it at that please?

My own thoughts:

Vale 2-1 Mids

Creetown 1-1 heston

Fleet 1-7 lochar

Nithsdale 1-0 edu

Uppers 0-2 Crichton

Je desespere.

I think if he didn't do the part in bold, then why did he mention Fleet Star.

Come on Flannigan, give it a rest now eh. Everyone is sick fed up of this Wigtown obsession with Newton nonsense.

CherryKitKat already said this thread was to avoid that chat - I know the irony in me posting about it - so can we leave it at that please?

My own thoughts:

Vale 2-1 Mids

Creetown 1-1 heston

Fleet 1-7 lochar

Nithsdale 1-0 edu

Uppers 0-2 Crichton

Now now mate!! I said he clearly didn't read the rest of MY post!! Never said anything about any others in this thread!! The games were all mentioned in the post made by CherryKitKat at the start of this thread!! Fleet and Creetown are two teams which doesn't mean he read the remainder of my post

I think if it had been a Saturday match things may have been looked at differently....but to give the 3 South teams involved in the Scottish Cup as good a chance as possible....the Secretary and Executive Committee decided to postpone the two matches until later in the season.....which in most peoples minds was a wise and sensible move....just as you say that it has not happened before that may or may not be true...but many changes are taking place in football at the moment and this just looks like another of them.................

Archived