Casuals / Ultras / Wankers

Get a young team sorted for Scotland/England in November.

Big banners with Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana & Maggie Thatcher on it.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livi's Ultras deserved to get their flag nicked for calling themselves the 'Drum Beat Mafia' anyone know if the LAC are still going?

I don't know if the Queen's Ultras have a name yet but they are fucking tragic, singing the St Pauli song over and over with like 5 people isn't improving the atmosphere at all. Interesting to see what they are like when their big team is in town this year.

Did the LAC not become the DBM?

In fairness, our 'young team' have improved the atmosphere at McDiarmid by some considerable margin.

Thistle have the Baby Shed who are all about ten. I've seen them once trying to wind up some equally young St Johnstone fans after the call off last year, but on the most part they are harmless if a bit thick.

Noticed a group of young guys as well who are always decked out in the Gazelles, Fila and bucket hat combo but again haven't seen them causing trouble.

I'd recommend everyone has a swatch at @Footy_Fooligans on Twitter which has some cracking examples of the current British trend of young wannabe casuals/ultras. I personally have no issue with "Ultras" assuming all they do is create atmosphere ie Motherwell Boiz.

It's the wee 14-year-olds in the £300 Stone Island jackets that crack me up. If Santa had to bring you your clobber, you're probably more "pwoppa nawty" in the don't-talk-to-your-mother-like-that! way than the 'ave-it-on-your-toes-with-some-mahgy-cahnts way.

And what the f**k is going on with those 1940s-throwback hair cuts? The wee fannies look like something out of Angela's Ashes.

I know three members of the 'Well Bois' two of them supported Rangers 'til they went caput. The other one however, is a treasure trove of football knowledge, highlights include 'does Gareth Bale still play for Celtic?' and 'Queen's Park play at Hamburg stadium '.

I know three members of the 'Well Bois' two of them supported Rangers 'til they went caput. The other one however, is a treasure trove of football knowledge, highlights include 'does Gareth Bale still play for Celtic?' and 'Queen's Park play at Hamburg stadium '.

Well Bois is possibly the most depressing thing I've ever read.

Some of the St Johnstone 'young team' are hilarious human beings.

Did one of them not pull a knife on some Hearts boys last year?

They stole a drum IIRC. They then put a photo up on Twitter of the drum in some boy's bedroom, complete with Rangers calendar in the background.

And bucket hats? Unless you're LL Cool J (or any 80s/90s hip-hop artist tbh), out fly fishing, or a small child, they aren't acceptable. Britpop is dead, and Liam Gallagher is no longer considered cool, get them binned.

They stole a drum IIRC. They then put a photo up on Twitter of the drum in some boy's bedroom, complete with Rangers calendar in the background.

And bucket hats? Unless you're LL Cool J (or any 80s/90s hip-hop artist tbh), out fly fishing, or a small child, they aren't acceptable. Britpop is dead, and Liam Gallagher is no longer considered cool, get them binned.

Speed-read that & imagined Liam Gallagher, LL Cool J and a wean in a boat fishing. All with hats on. Listening to R Kelly.

The Luzern Ultra's were something else

They made it clear no one was to take any close up pictures in the stadium but then contacted the club after the game to say they would have liked to have been in more of our facebook match day album and could I supply them with one of my pictures as they want to put it on their calendar for 2015.

Ive been told it was not just scarfs and flags that were taken in Slovakia with a couple of Saints fans having their shirts pulled off them as they made their way back to their bus.

The sevco fans were up to this stuff last year, showing their hardness off by waiting for small groups of teenagers.

There seem to be a strange mix in these groups from "if I bring a drum to games it will make me cool" 13-14 year olds to those significantly older (tho not mentally) who are desperate to be the top boi and see acquiring the drums and flags of the young teens as a way to do that. They then prove their hardness by posting pics of themselves holding the stuff upside down in some great insult with their faces having black dots placed over them crudely on paint.

The sight of the bucket hat brigade attempting nawtyness on a dreich Sunday afternoon on Dingwall High St was something else.

Agreed. Some of that 'Young Team' are an absolute embarrassment. There's plenty guys who stand and sing with them, make banners etc who are actually really sound. Then there's another sizeable group who are just cringeworthy arseholes. Bucket hats are the worst and usually mark out a total fanny.

Archived