Sportsound Watch

23 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm sitting here quite bored, so just undertook the very boring task of compiling Rangers' CL group stage record to check Hateley's assertion.

Rangers have played 32 home games in the CL group stage. At Fortress Ibrox, their record is P32 W8 D11 L13.

It's a low bar to be a fortress these days, apparently, if losing 40% of your games counts.

images (2).jpeg

11 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Is that h*n c**t MacIntyre on tonight?

Or is he in the Copland Road? 

If on radio, expect his tone to be not as jolly as it was on Saturday.

FTH 

It was the wonderful Richard Gordon. And I'm sure he didn't have a smile on his face as closed the show confirming that Rangers have the worst record in Champions League group stage history. 

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It was the wonderful Richard Gordon. And I'm sure he didn't have a smile on his face as closed the show confirming that Rangers have the worst record in Champions League group stage history. 

I wouldn't say he was that wonderful. Gordon always too eager to scramble on the 'Celtic/Rangers reaching the group stages of the CL is great for Scottish football' bandwagon of utter shite for my liking. 

53 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

I wouldn't say he was that wonderful. Gordon always too eager to scramble on the 'Celtic/Rangers reaching the group stages of the CL is great for Scottish football' bandwagon of utter shite for my liking. 

We're all entitled to our opinions, no matter how laughable they are.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

F**k MacIntyre & FTH.

Midweeks won’t be the same without those c***s getting absolutely horsed & embarrassed.

Sportsound presentation being taken on by McIntyre, the embarrassing apology and subsequent toadying to rangers, and the introduction of VAR have been the perfect storm.

It’s tabloid radio for OF types now. Trying to dig up controversy and drama at every opportunity, the constant over-analysis of every referee decision, all with Allan Preston constantly interrupting with his inane screams for attention.

Keep Crichton, Stewart and Loy and take the rest out the back and shoot them. Then run them over.  After that start again by begging Richard Gordon to come back.

What was once an enjoyable afternoon’s listen has now become an unbearable shambles.  All subsidised by the licence payer.

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Sportsound presentation being taken on by McIntyre, the embarrassing apology and subsequent toadying to rangers, and the introduction of VAR have been the perfect storm.

It’s tabloid radio for OF types now. Trying to dig up controversy and drama at every opportunity, the constant over-analysis of every referee decision, all with Allan Preston constantly interrupting with his inane screams for attention.

Keep Crichton, Stewart and Loy and take the rest out the back and shoot them. Then run them over.  After that start again by begging Richard Gordon to come back.

What was once an enjoyable afternoon’s listen has now become an unbearable shambles.  All subsidised by the licence payer.

I’d give Ferguson a pass purely for his enthusiasm. And he has a bit of knowledge of life outside the Premiership. 

Nice of Richard Foster to admit "I haven't watched much Scottish football in the last few months obviously" Ah, great, feel free to just spout views about the current season when you've missed ....  the current season . He'll still be as contemporary and insightful as the rest tbf. 

What do we reckon the chances of a few minutes of Sportsound this Saturday being used to discuss Queens Park moving their game with ICT to 5.30 on a Saturday (ETA fucked this up)night at 11 days' notice? Queens Park have not communicated with their fans in any meaningful way, have given no timeline for the move to Lesser Hampden, and refuse to publically acknowledge the situation with being third-choice users at Ochilview. Of course, they sold season tickets to fans without mentioning that minor detail at the time. It's an absolute scandal.

Do Sportsound not have Leeann Dempster's phone number?

Or maybe a few minutes on the St Mirren SMiSA elections this week and the return of Stewart Gilmour?

Or maybe just some more about Rangers and Celtic in the Champions League.

Edited by DoingThe42

13 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

Or maybe just some more about Rangers and Celtic in the Champions League.

Least after this week, it wont be top topic, they can just move on and ignore the embarrassment* to focus on epic duopoly title race and who can strive to win the most domestic competitions. Afterall that's really all any of the duopoly fans care about anyhow.

*not before explaining how all of Scottish football should be grateful for the 'trickle down' economics that having the nations two biggest and best supported clubs in Europe's elite competition brings. Before the obligatory blame being left at the door of the remaining 40 other 'diddy' sides for not creating a more competitive domestic competition.

Edited by bdu98196
Gratitude of all of Scottish football to the duoploised c***s

8 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

What do we reckon the chances of a few minutes of Sportsound this Saturday being used to discuss Queens Park moving their game with ICT to 5.30 on a Friday night at 11 days' notice? Queens Park have not communicated with their fans in any meaningful way, have given no timeline for the move to Lesser Hampden, and refuse to publically acknowledge the situation with being third-choice users at Ochilview. Of course, they sold season tickets to fans without mentioning that minor detail at the time. It's an absolute scandal.

There is literally more chance of them speaking about Queens Park Rangers, with Micheal Beale being their manager and also an ex-Rangers employee they could probably find a spare 45 minutes to talk about them.  

11 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

It’s no surprise anymore. Imagine someone like Shearer, Souness or Neville saying something like that, for all their faults you can’t say the main English pundits don’t prepare for their punditry or commentary roles. Even when discussing individual teams, you would never hear one of them saying ‘I’ve not seen much of Fulham this year to be honest’. In Scotland it’s worn like a badge of honour to show ignorance towards our game, at the same time as taking a wage to literally talk about our game. I know I will sound like a broken record because I’ve mentioned it a hundred times, but a taxpayer funded organisation should not feel the need to employ someone like Bonner, who makes absolutely no attempt to hide the fact he hasn’t done a single bit of research in to any team out with the OF. It genuinely angers me that he is still in that job.

Yep. 

I do presentations at work now and then, and do a wee bit of public speaking outwith work. I’ve learned that the only time I’m shitting myself is when I know I haven’t prepared properly. The reason I shit myself is because I’ll a) make a c**t of myself, and b) shortchange the folk I’m talking to. 

At BBC Scotland it seems making a c**t of yourself and shortchanging folk is almost a pre-requisite for the job these days. As you say, the MoTD pundits wouldn’t get away with it - regardless of what we think about their analysis at least I get the impression they love English football. We’ve got too many folk up here who leave the impression that don’t really care about the game. 

We need to start writing to our clubs to get them to bring this up at SPFL meetings.

BBC Scotland need to be told by the clubs to shape up or f**k off. Get the rights out to tender*. If that means some shite like Radio Cylde picking them up then it's hardly going to be any different to what we currently get anyway. Might make the BBC morons have a think and maybe come back with an improved service after.

*Assuming these rights are availble for that, but can’t see why they wouldn't be.

4 minutes ago, CoF said:

Yep. 

I do presentations at work now and then, and do a wee bit of public speaking outwith work. I’ve learned that the only time I’m shitting myself is when I know I haven’t prepared properly. The reason I shit myself is because I’ll a) make a c**t of myself, and b) shortchange the folk I’m talking to. 

At BBC Scotland it seems making a c**t of yourself and shortchanging folk is almost a pre-requisite for the job these days. As you say, the MoTD pundits wouldn’t get away with it - regardless of what we think about their analysis at least I get the impression they love English football. We’ve got too many folk up here who leave the impression that don’t really care about the game. 

Spot on. Sportsounds output shows a complete lack of respect towards the listeners, who are also the people funding the entire production. If you took a member of this forum and told them that they were going to be reporting from Dingwall on Saturday, I can bet the first thing they would do would be to start researching the teams, the players, their form etc etc. It’s hardly a tough gig, and as you say someone who likes to take pride in their work would make sure that they had prepared to the best of their ability.

The fact that Bonner, and to a lesser degree Miller, can display complete ignorance towards the game, at the same time as collecting a wage from a state funded broadcaster, shows that they don’t actually care about providing an accurate and knowledgeable service to the listener. It’s a jolly to a game of football and a good few quid stuck in to their account, with no incentive to try and get better while they’re on the gravy train. They must have a right good laugh when their wages hit the bank, I would be doing the same. 

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We need to start writing to our clubs to get them to bring this up at SPFL meetings.

BBC Scotland need to be told by the clubs to shape up or f**k off. Get the rights out to tender*. If that means some shite like Radio Cylde picking them up then it's hardly going to be any different to what we currently get anyway. Might make the BBC morons have a think and maybe come back with an improved service after.

*Assuming these rights are availble for that, but can’t see why they wouldn't be.

I wonder why those paragons of radio fandom, Messrs. Cosgrove & Cowan never, ever allude to the mediocrity of punditry on Sportsound ?

3 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Spot on. Sportsounds output shows a complete lack of respect towards the listeners, who are also the people funding the entire production. If you took a member of this forum and told them that they were going to be reporting from Dingwall on Saturday, I can bet the first thing they would do would be to start researching the teams, the players, their form etc etc. It’s hardly a tough gig, and as you say someone who likes to take pride in their work would make sure that they had prepared to the best of their ability.

The fact that Bonner, and to a lesser degree Miller, can display complete ignorance towards the game, at the same time as collecting a wage from a state funded broadcaster, shows that they don’t actually care about providing an accurate and knowledgeable service to the listener. It’s a jolly to a game of football and a good few quid stuck in to their account, with no incentive to try and get better while they’re on the gravy train. They must have a right good laugh when their wages hit the bank, I would be doing the same. 

During lockdown when every game was streamed, the commentary team of every club clearly did some research. In every stream I watched of my team in away games the home commentators had some knowledge of the Pars players, recent scores and general form.  These guys are all volunteers but made the effort and showed respect for their audience.

Sportsound guys can't be arsed making even the smallest effort. Almost any other job would have emptied these useless, lazy c***s.