Sportsound Watch

9 minutes ago, Billy_Gunn said:

Leanne Crichton Is the only respectable pundit on there and she’s only been a regular for 5 mins. Less said about Wullie Miller the better.

Leanne “£500k will help the rest keep up with Rangers and Celtic” Crichton. 

3 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Kenny Macintyre is one of the worst appointments in the history of broadcasting. Richard Gordon was never perfect but he was in a different league.  

In what way was/is Richard Gordon not perfect?

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Hate his presenting. He’s making it like Radio Clyde, which is radio for the hard of thinking. 

You say that, but the replacement for Richard Gordon was and is working for Radio Clyde six days a week in Gordon Duncan. 

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

In what way was/is Richard Gordon not perfect?

You say that, but the replacement for Richard Gordon was and is working for Radio Clyde six days a week in Gordon Duncan. 

I mean a silly thing to say. No one is perfect. I remember him a few times reading out scores going to an interview and then not reading out the scores afterwards etc. Don't get me wrong Richard Gordon was fantastic. We were lucky to have him

9 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Eye bricks.

Seriously, what's that about?

Does anyone in the universe, other than the worst broadcaster in the universe, pronounce 'Ibrox'  in that way?  If so, I've not heard them.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

A shite as Macintyre is (and if he reads this I hope he knows his piece of shit club died and that we all hope his new piece of shit club will die ASAP), he won't be in charge of the editorial decisions, including the one for this season to increase the coverage/discussion of Sevco and Celtic. He was just promoted to the Saturday role because he fit the editorial choice.

Edited by DA Baracus

5 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Leanne Crichton holds that show together by her finger tips. The only one who knows the rules and isn't a shouty mess.. 

There’s times you can just about here her sigh, take a deep breath before correcting one of the old school on their mad rants.

’I don’t know what’s going here,  absolute mental decision from the referee, how he can punish the player here is incredible…’

’erm, have you just watched what I have? The referee has just applied what’s been the rule which has consistently been applied in the same way for about 15 years’

’oh well if that’s the rule then fair enough but I didn’t know that and I don’t think anyone else did.

*shakes head*(ok, but that is the rule and it’s common knowledge)

Only had a chance to listen to 10 minutes of Open All Mics today (just before half time), and did enjoy the chat about Lewis Ferguson. Would’ve been lovely if they’d maybe saved it for a time when there wasn’t actual matches being played though.

Feels like clueless pundits, hosted by a clueless host, directed by a clueless producer.

9 hours ago, codfish said:

Only had a chance to listen to 10 minutes of Open All Mics today (just before half time), and did enjoy the chat about Lewis Ferguson. Would’ve been lovely if they’d maybe saved it for a time when there wasn’t actual matches being played though.

Feels like clueless pundits, hosted by a clueless host, directed by a clueless producer.

This annoys me too.

Constantly discussing other things during OAM just reduces the time they spend actually covering or contextualising the games.

I was listening to Sportsound while watching the Montrose - Falkirk game a couple of weeks back, and they carried on their interminable Scottish teams in Europe moaning and VAR debate during OAM. So, instead of being fast with lower league scores, and putting them into context, 'that's a goal for _____ that moves them into the play-off places in League One as it stands' etc, they just waffle on about the same thing they talk about for the rest of the show and give out the lower league scores as a meaningless list every half hour or so.

There's absolutely no mention or hint to the uninitiated as to what the big games are.

Would it be beyond the BBC's capabilities to have a League One/Two game of the day with a reporter at it whose job is to summarise what's going on in those two leagues? For example, would it not have been decent yesterday to have a Clyde club rep, podcaster, or fans' group rep on to discuss the fact that they've gardening leaved their manager and have lost ten games running, as well as not having a stadium and being back at Hamilton after 28 years and having just postponed their scheduled supporters' meeting? Is this not a story for the show where 'Scottish football lives'?

There's nothing wrong with Sportsound doing a section on Lewis Ferguson, but why talk about him while actual games are on?

After five o'clock yesterday they had a pretty lengthy chat about Rangers' tactical shape. Why? It's matchday, talk about the matches, get round the other grounds, get proper reports in, put the scores in context.

I fucking hate it.

Edited by DoingThe42

“Have any of the pundits ever turned down a chance of a move abroad”

“Oh wait there’s been an incident at ibrix”

They then on to discuss in depth with Rory Loy about the rangers game despite the full match being available to listen to. Then at half time spend the majority at the rangers game mental. I would be willing to bet there was hardly any Rangers or Aberdeen fans listening to open all mics when the full game is available on radio.

Leave Dundee 1.50, park near Starks Park 2.40 - 40 minutes of Rangers. Back in car 4.55. Park in Dundee 5.40. One whistle stop tour of the day's scores and some VAR mewling from Lee Johnson aside, all Rangers.

Began to think Sportsound must be on another frequency. 8 pundits (identical) views on one game? Sakala was unplayable was he?, Goodwin got his team wrong did he? Forensic analysis of how GvB answers (inane) questions? f**k yeah. And you're talking about all of this again on Sportscene later aye? Superb lads. 

Give it Crichton till Christmas. 

9 hours ago, Billy_Gunn said:

Aye, well. You’ve done me there.

She’s still good though. Can we agree she’s on strike 1?

Hmmm. That whole chat was like when a decent family member told me they think Donald Trump is “misrepresented”. Only this time, it’s the entire family. I’ll never trust their opinions again.