Jump to content

Sportsound Watch


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Not sure why Richard Gordon bothered asking Bonner if he'd seen much of Motherwell this season.

"Eh, no I haven't. Just when they played Celtic."

Depressingly predictable.

Can only imagine Gordon was asking with tongue firmly in cheek. He's worked with Bonner more than long enough to know that: a) his interest in Scottish football begins and ends with Celtic, and that b) he's a total half-wit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, afca32 said:

Not sure why Richard Gordon bothered asking Bonner if he'd seen much of Motherwell this season.

"Eh, no I haven't. Just when they played Celtic."

Depressingly predictable.

When we played them at Parkhead the other week Bonner cited Barry Maguire as being a threat to Celtic at corners. Barry Maguire - defensive midfielder who has barely started this season, scored one goal in 50 odd appearances and…. it wasn’t from a corner. 

The only reason he went down that route (and he said as much) was because the previous week St Mirren had caused them problems at corners. 
 

Totally winging it, and I don’t think he cares who knows it. 

 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/10/2022 at 09:08, bdu98196 said:

Cant wait to hear their take on VAR..................afterall how many times when discussing a tackle the words come out 'wouldn't have been a foul in my day- Willie Miller:every fucking week!!!!'

Going to boldy try predict this week why its probably going to be a hard listen. No European drubbings, so it'll all be about

  • VAR 
  • Apotential 'duopoly' diddy cup final will be while ignoring the fact there are semi-finals to play
  • Also expect some kind of teary tribute to the SlippyG discussing why he never had the same success and if he would be right to come back to Ibrox to relieve Gio of his struggles...............melting into another European discussion and competition in Scotland etc

What wont be covered is calling Lafferty a c**t and ripping into this cancer of sectarianism that exists within certain factions of Scottish football and calling for the same level of punishment for any players/officials/clubs or fans who exert the same behavior

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Going to boldy try predict this week why its probably going to be a hard listen. No European drubbings, so it'll all be about

  • VAR 
  • Apotential 'duopoly' diddy cup final will be while ignoring the fact there are semi-finals to play
  • Also expect some kind of teary tribute to the SlippyG discussing why he never had the same success and if he would be right to come back to Ibrox to relieve Gio of his struggles...............melting into another European discussion and competition in Scotland etc

What wont be covered is calling Lafferty a c**t and ripping into this cancer of sectarianism that exists within certain factions of Scottish football and calling for the same level of punishment for any players/officials/clubs or fans who exert the same behavior

I predict that if they do mention Lafferty the consensus will be that he’s been hard done by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Every time someone opens their mouth "Biscuits" screams some banality. Really shitey personality trait

Sounds like he’s had about 15 orgasms already this afternoon. He’s a fucking arsehole. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Every time someone opens their mouth "Biscuits" screams some banality. Really shitey personality trait

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Sounds like he’s had about 15 orgasms already this afternoon. He’s a fucking arsehole. 

It was getting ridiculous today.  He wasn't even covering a Hearts match FFS.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Heard the last hour today coming back from the game. Wasn't awful, but the way Kenny Mac kept banging on about Gio being "live" coming next as if they had just cracked the technology was a bit weird. Almost made up by the way he was nearly greeting after the interview. 

And in the end, they interviewed David Martindale first.

Also, Rory Loy was the only one who acknowledged there was more than one team at "Ibricks" this afternoon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, The Master said:

And in the end, they interviewed David Martindale first.

Also, Rory Loy was the only one who acknowledged there was more than one team at "Ibricks" this afternoon. 

Rory Loy is growing on me.

Don't necessarily agree with all of his views, but that's fine. He is keen, seems to enjoy fitba, and knows about the teams he's talking about across different leagues.

More like him would be good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Rory Loy is growing on me.

Don't necessarily agree with all of his views, but that's fine. He is keen, seems to enjoy fitba, and knows about the teams he's talking about across different leagues.

More like him would be good.

Loy came in a couple of years ago and was widely praised, before seemingly being marginalised, although maybe that was just me.

Glad to see he's back in the "big time".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kenny McIntyre is not just technically inferior to the great man he replaced but he is an utterly tedious chronically boring jobbie. The BBC have somehow selected not just the worst person in Scottish sports broadcasting to replace Richard Gordon on match days, but perhaps the worst mammal.

This is still an utterly horrific appointment and it must be stopped. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

f**k this, I'm away to listen to 5 live

The only reason I'm not is that I like not knowing the scores when watching MOTD (I mute Sportsound when they read the English scores out).

Will probably turn this pish off in a minute.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The only reason I'm not is that I like not knowing the scores when watching MOTD (I mute Sportsound when they read the English scores out).

Will probably turn this pish off in a minute.

O/T but one of life's simple pleasures is watching MOTD/Sportscene, and wondering if the random sub they show coming on is going to score or get sent off

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...