Sportsound Watch

This insistence on discussing news topics whilst games are in play does my head in. 

I listen to OAM because it's chaos, because stuff is happening all over the place, and you feel totally immersed in the live nature of it all. 

Going back to Ryan Porteous three times so far since 3pm despite the conversation moving on makes this feel like a midweek night chat show instead.

Edited by RawB93

3-0 Celtic after 23 minutes against a club who should (in theory) be one of their biggest rivals. And yet the commentators seem pretty chipper about it. No suggestion of structural unfairness or that the massive financial imbalances at play render the league pointless, just that Celtic are pure, dead brilliant. 

6 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

This insistence on discussing news topics whilst games are in play does my head in. 

I find this strange myself, the other week they kept going back to a question they wanted them all to answer and it took forever to get through going back and forth and was so disjointed and seemed a chore in the end. There’s plenty discussion for this before and after the game and other days for it too.

I don't like how the commentary game (Celtic or Sevco) is now always the one on digital and how Open All Mics is on FM. More and more folk access the radio through digital means, so the decision to have the Celtic/Sevco game on digital feels very much deliberate.

Anyway, Open All Mics was actually not bad today. In terms of coverage they gave good updates on all games and kept the Celtic/Sevco talk to a surprising minimum. Indeed, they actually talked more about the games than their usual Sevco/Celtic wanking, even if some of the discussion was a bit amateur (the aforementioned stuff about VAR).

3 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

3-0 Celtic after 23 minutes against a club who should (in theory) be one of their biggest rivals. And yet the commentators seem pretty chipper about it. No suggestion of structural unfairness or that the massive financial imbalances at play render the league pointless, just that Celtic are pure, dead brilliant. 

This bit annoyed me slightly, only because we've had the 'aye but budgets' bit shoved down our throats enough when it comes to Europe, yet when it comes to Celtic hammering a side with a budget a mere fraction of what they have (albeit they were sitting in third) it's considered more a case of how brilliant Celtic were than what a mismatch it was (as indeed most matches between the OF and every other club in the Premier League should be).

The other thing that annoyed me was the Ryan Porteous chat - I got the feeling that Kenny Macintyre was desperate to bring the chat back to him because he was desperate for somebody to bad mouth Porteous (which is predominately down to his leanings towards one half of the OF).  I would have appreciated a bit more of chat about how tight the Championship is currently or a bit of reference (albeit it would be very brief given how ignorant the Beeb are of other leagues) to Leagues One and Two.  Again, that points to failings with the Producer and the host.

This continual "but by bringing in the VAR system part of the way through the season is unfair on all the clubs hit by controversial decisions before next Friday which could decide the title or relegation" without highlighting a single decision is doing my head in. Also, I've not heard of a single club who have brought this to the fore as they all seem to want it in place asap. 

I got in the car after our game and OAM was on.

They went to an interview with Liam Fox, I think it was with Jane Lewis.

She said his team were in good form and would surely be looking for another 3 points on Tuesday against Killie.

Fox had to point out that you don’t actually get any points for a League Cup quarter final tie.

9 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

She said his team were in good form and would surely be looking for another 3 points on Tuesday against Killie.

Fox had to point out that you don’t actually get any points for a League Cup quarter final tie.

She is fucking eh bloody eh terrible eh I can only guess she is still in employment by the BBC thanks to her gender,

Mind you everyone on sportsound is better than that fucking jug eared gype Harvey who thinks he is funny on Grampion news

13 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

It was Eilidh Davies. 

3 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

She is fucking eh bloody eh terrible eh I can only guess she is still in employment by the BBC thanks to her gender,

Aye cause there’s not hundreds of pages on here complaining about any of the male commentators/pundits. 

Edited by gingermunkie

5 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

Do they not just always say that Celtic are pure dead brilliant. The programme is completely pro Celtic.

15 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Beg to differ on that one.Were they not commentating on Rangers home games from their studio?

I know you think that suggests an anti-Sevco bias, but in reality it does the exact opposite.