Sportsound Watch

The Dons won 5-0 and I’m still finding it hard to not be fuming at the shite I’ve listened to all afternoon on sportsound.

Uninformed blinkered drivel.

Rory Loy desperate to tell everyone how Liverpool winning somehow reinforces his point of view was a particular low point.

I wasn't fully paying attention but I think Tom English said that the financial disparity between Celtic and Real Madrid and Sevco and Liverpool would be like Cove having to play Sevco (he obviously never said 'Sevco' mind).
The financial gap between Sevco and Celtic and the other teams in the Premiership is bigger than the financial gap between Sevco/Celtic and the bigger European teams.

He plucked Cove out his arse.

Liverpool had turnover of £487mil in 19/20

Celtic had turnover of £70mil in 19/20

7x difference, the equivalent in Scotland would be somewhere between Hibs and Hearts.

436aba7f9e6a7f7b37e07ae3ef51b45c.jpg

It was very cowardly discourse. Sycophancy always has had a very strong element of cowardice, and today it was compunded by dangerous distortions and indignation that others aren't fawning shitebags.

Utterly bereft of integrity and merit.

Edited by DA Baracus

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

7x difference, the equivalent in Scotland would be somewhere between Hibs and Hearts.

Probably because they have 'Rangers' in their name.

But aye, he's making a false comparison, possibly knowingly. Unacceptable stuff.

9 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Yeah but £500k each, so it's impossible to complain

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Probably because they have 'Rangers' in their name.

But aye, he's making a false comparison, possibly knowingly. Unacceptable stuff.

They're just going along with the ruling elite. This is exactly how Nazi Germany started.

16 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

On and on and on about a refereeing decision while the rest of us are waiting on our Manager’s reactions from today. 

I usually think sportsound is kinda okay, but today just confirmed why it's been getting slated recently. That refereeing discussion was a farce and must have dragged on for 20 minutes. The actual contributions were worse than you'd hear down a pub - punish refs more, fast track programme for ex-players (so eh... more perceived bias and less training?). 

8 minutes ago, CoF said:

I usually think sportsound is kinda okay, but today just confirmed why it's been getting slated recently. That refereeing discussion was a farce and must have dragged on for 20 minutes. The actual contributions were worse than you'd hear down a pub - punish refs more, fast track programme for ex-players (so eh... more perceived bias and less training?). 

Give a former player a mic to get quality wit and insight therefore give a former player a whistle to get quality refereeing.

I think it's called self-serving, ignorant tripe.  Or henceforth, "The Sportsound Fallacy".

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

To give him his dues McIntyre does seem to be keeping us informed of the scores throughout the country (though I could do without the English shite) in comparison with recent weeks. Perhaps someone's listened to the feedback?

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

I noticed that too. They’ve even got a reporter at a championship and league 1 game. 

I was only tuned in between 4 and 5 today, so can't speak for the whole show, but what I heard was far more like OAM.  MacIntyre ran thru the full scorecard 4 times in the 45 mins the 2nd halves were active, I reckon hearing my wee Diddy club's score 4 times is as much as can be expected.

Also, not having Preston's falsetto scream every minute, because a Hearts player has stopped to tie a bootlace or whatever, helped things.

To cross topics - the eulogizing of Kenny Mac on OTB yesterday was 🤢😤😤😤

And today.... Given Bonnar goes to Celtic Park weekly, he could at least learn player's names. 🤦 "kyoga". Senile auld cheapskate b*****d.

Oh and now BBC Scotland's tactical analysis of United's shortfalls amount to "did any United defenders commit fouls to show commitment " 😤😤🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦

19 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

not having Preston's falsetto scream every minute, because a Hearts player has stopped to tie a bootlace or whatever, helped things

All much more reasonable today covering the match at Tynecastle - 

Alan Preston - Hearts fan

Michael Stewart - ex Hearts

Commentator - Paul Mitchell, Hearts fan

Pitch side interviewer - Brian McLaughlin, Hearts fan

GIF by MOODMAN

When Richard Gordon was rattling off the high scoring records earlier, I just couldn’t imagine the same things being said in Kenny Macintyre’s voice. 

I can’t quite put my finger on exactly why, though.

On 27/08/2022 at 14:45, afc_blockhead said:

That idiot Leanne going on (in a patronising way) about teams investing this shitey 500k in to a better "business plan" is a load of shite.

A lot of people I know seem to think she is good at media work and should get more of it.

This astonishes me, as she havers complete shite on pretty much every topic she ever talks about. But she speaks in a measured tone of voice and sounds earnest, so some people think she's clever.

She's as bad as anyone else on Sportsound/Sportscene.

Her contribution yesterday was appallingly stupid.

6 hours ago, Leith Green said:

All much more reasonable today covering the match at Tynecastle - 

Alan Preston - Hearts fan

Michael Stewart - ex Hearts

Commentator - Paul Mitchell, Hearts fan

Pitch side interviewer - Brian McLaughlin, Hearts fan

GIF by MOODMAN

Alan Preston is also St Johnstone's chief scout.