Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

But, but, but having €600k is much better than not having €600k.

At a very base level there's an element of truth to that. However there 12 teams in the league and you can't ignore the unfair distribution in that context.

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

3pm, and not a single game in the country has actually been previewed. Just an hour of that absolute torture.

Have they previewed any more than 2 or 3 3pm kickoffs this season? It's pretty clear that rest of Scotland are just a nuisance getting in the way of chatting more about the fucking Old Firm

2 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Have they previewed any more than 2 or 3 3pm kickoffs this season? It's pretty clear that rest of Scotland are just a nuisance getting in the way of chatting more about the fucking Old Firm

Even today, that's effectively what it was.

An hour of "How fucking brilliant are Celtic and Rangers, and how ungrateful are the rest of you c***s?"

Was that supposed to be a debate?It was hard listening, the pundits are so steeped in the view that Scottish Football is the Old Firm that there were never going to be dissenting voices. Stuart Cosgrove was an afterthought and he was set up to fail.  Neil McCann didn’t come across well at all.  I’ve not listened to Radio Clyde since I was a kid but I’d imagine it sounds a lot like this. 

It is amazing how a crew of barely literate ex-pros who presumably left school with 2 or fewer Standard Grades is the best the BBC can be arsed to find.

I doubt it'd be any worse if they mic'd up one random fan at a game for open all mics

Absolute disgrace how dare any fan criticize the £500,000. That the other clubs get, compared to the 25 million the other two get, 

I liked how they made sure Cosgrove was on near enough 3pm so as to be able to get curtail him before he ripped them all a new Arsehole 

6 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

To give him his dues McIntyre does seem to be keeping us informed of the scores throughout the country (though I could do without the English shite) in comparison with recent weeks. Perhaps someone's listened to the feedback?

I noticed that too. They’ve even got a reporter at a championship and league 1 game. 

I wasn't fully paying attention but I think Tom English said that the financial disparity between Celtic and Real Madrid and Sevco and Liverpool would be like Cove having to play Sevco (he obviously never said 'Sevco' mind).

The financial gap between Sevco and Celtic and the other teams in the Premiership is bigger than the financial gap between Sevco/Celtic and the bigger European teams.