Sportsound Watch

26 minutes ago, resk said:

There are intriguing, well-balanced Premiership fixtures in Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Paisley today, so plenty for the BBC to choose from for the Saturday 3pm commentary game.  

Don't you dare cover Sevco!!!

The other clubs need to find a way to bridge the gap, according to Leann Crichton, although she did add that it 'might' be impossible.

The narrative of the other clubs 'having to get better' is now being pushed by the other pundits. Stop being poorer than Sevco and Celtic you scum!

Open all Mics is starting off on the same foot as the last few weeks. One of the pundits stating that a lack of competition is endemic in top flight leagues in Europe...... almost as if there is a competition giving out huge fees to the top teams in these league 🤔 

Edited by Self-raising Lazarus

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Can't wait to hear the "financial expert" tell us how we are all going to benefit.

The guy they have coming on is on twitter, absolutely clueless when he has discussed Hibs finances in the past so he will either be guessing or just regurgitating what we already know about the TV money in the Champs League.

I dont imagine he has the first clue about how much Hearts will earn in the conf, for example.

The argument that Celtic and Rangers playing big games is a good thing is a fucking nonsense as well.

Obviously if you have any connection with those clubs, the idea of playing a huge game against Liverpool or Real Madrid or whoever is fantastic, but there is f**k all benefit to "Scottish football" other than the potential to point and laugh if they get hammered.

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

It's now official.

Sportsound is Old Firm radio.

I've not listened to Sportsound in a long time and within 5 minutes thought I'd tuned into Rangers FM. I see they even get a dedicated live commentary for their game while the rest get the Open All Mics pish.

Haha - have had to turn it off… they just have no clue and won’t bother entertaining viewpoints unless it’s from old firm leaning ex players/managers/pundits.

So far the arguments are - it’s great for the old firm and fans of other clubs are just jealous…