Sportsound Watch

17 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

They used to do a lower league show (on a Thursday maybe) and it's not as if there isn't enough talking points to do a nightly show. 

Monday - go over the weekend games, maybe focusing on the big talking points.

Tuesday - an interview with an ex-player, either serious or in the style of the "Sacked in the Morning" show

Wednesday - things you might have missed, more quirky things or highlighting players that have went under the radar.

Thursday - lower league show.

Friday - weekend preview show. 

Not sure how that is something that would cost a lot to produce?

Wouldnt end up like that though.

Monday - go over VAR Celtic Rangers games

Tuesday - Champs League or Champs League preview.

Wednesday - Champs League or Champs League review/Europa League preview

Thursday - Europa League (Rangers super show if in with Hearts half time report.  If Rangers in CL spend most show talking about the night before before during and after Hearts commentary) 

Fri - Europa League review (if Rangers involved) if not Glasgow 2 preview for the weekend. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Wouldnt end up like that though.

Monday - go over VAR Celtic Rangers games

Tuesday - Champs League or Champs League preview.

Wednesday - Champs League or Champs League review/Europa League preview

Thursday - Europa League (Rangers super show if in with Hearts half time report.  If Rangers in CL spend most show talking about the night before before during and after Hearts commentary) 

Fri - Europa League review (if Rangers involved) if not Glasgow 2 preview for the weekend. 

Oh absolutely I agree. When it was on before that's how it ended up most weeks sadly.

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Hearts and Rangers would be paired, meaning one would play away at 5.45pm followed by the other at home at 8pm. 

Not that you could necessarily rule out Hearts being bumped in favour of a Rangers (p)review, mind you…

Just now, The Master said:

Hearts and Rangers would be paired, meaning one would play away at 5.45pm followed by the other at home at 8pm. 

Not that you could necessarily rule out Hearts being bumped in favour of a Rangers (p)review, mind you…

Would that still be the same if Rangers are in the EL and Hearts go down to the Conference.

No doubt if both in the same comp they would make it about Rangers with 90 mins of Hearts or even Hearts on bbc scotland extra or something. 

12 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Would that still be the same if Rangers are in the EL and Hearts go down to the Conference.

Yes. UEFA effectively treat them as the same competition from an organisational point of view. 

12 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

No doubt if both in the same comp they would make it about Rangers with 90 mins of Hearts or even Hearts on bbc scotland extra or something. 

Radio Scotland Extra is just the new name for 810MW, which is the only frequency used midweek. 

I know j posted this last week and got a bit of a doing from Bennett, but Neil McCann is such a boring b*****d. Just witters on with football speak and clichés forever.

You can imagine him in a dressing room giving his team talk before a match and players dropping off left, right and centre.

Edited by kingjoey

On 23/08/2022 at 19:01, The Master said:

Yes. UEFA effectively treat them as the same competition from an organisational point of view. 

Radio Scotland Extra is just the new name for 810MW, which is the only frequency used midweek. 

810MW still exists, as it's on medium wave. Radio Scotland Extra is the place to find whatever is on 810MW online.

52 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

810MW still exists, as it's on medium wave. Radio Scotland Extra is the place to find whatever is on 810MW online.

Yes, but “810MW” just used to be an alternative frequency. Now, the schedule on that frequency has its own name, which is the primary description.

The reason is almost certainly because 810MW is in the BBC’s sights for switching off, as has been happening with the local AM frequencies in England. Within the next few years, expect “BBC Radio Scotland” to be 92-95FM, and “BBC Radio Scotland Extra” to be digital (with both also online and on BBC Sounds). 

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

Yes, but “810MW” just used to be an alternative frequency. Now, the schedule on that frequency has its own name, which is the primary description.

The reason is almost certainly because 810MW is in the BBC’s sights for switching off, as has been happening with the local AM frequencies in England. Within the next few years, expect “BBC Radio Scotland” to be 92-95FM, and “BBC Radio Scotland Extra” to be digital (with both also online and on BBC Sounds). 

That may well be what will happen in the future, but where we are just now is that Radio Scotland 810MW still exists.

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That may well be what will happen in the future, but where we are just now is that Radio Scotland 810MW still exists.

I’m not sure where I said (or even suggested) it doesn’t. 

9 minutes ago, The Master said:

I’m not sure where I said (or even suggested) it doesn’t. 

You did say that "Radio Scotland Extra is just the new name for 810MW". I was simply clarifying that 810MW is still 810MW.

Sorry, I'm sounding all @craigkillie.

Edited by kingjoey

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You did say that "Radio Scotland Extra is just the new name for 810MW".

Right, but I never said 810MW no longer exists. I even said in the rest of that post that it’s the frequency used midweek. 

I’m struggling to understand what point you’re trying to make here. 

13 minutes ago, The Master said:

Right, but I never said 810MW no longer exists. I even said in the rest of that post that it’s the frequency used midweek. 

I’m struggling to understand what point you’re trying to make here. 

Not really making a point. Just clarifying to everyone else that 810MW still exists as your post made it sound that it was no more, it has ceased to be, it's expired and gone to meet it's maker, it's an ex-radio station. To me anyway.