Sportsound Watch

54 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

In fairness, there were two absolute stick-on red cards for Ross County not given in the game he was watching.

No issue with highlighting them as part of his report on that match.  It was the constant harking back to the earlier match decisions.

As if any decisions affecting an old firm side are the barometer by which all other refereeing decisions are judged.

It surely can’t be that hard for them to accept that a referee in one match will see and call things differently from another ref on a separate fixture.

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

In fairness, there were two absolute stick-on red cards for Ross County not given in the game he was watching.

Plus, he absolutely hates Ross County so was probably more vocal about wanting their players sent off.

Whilst acknowledging that visual presentation is not a prerequisite for radio, I have an irrational antipathy towards Willie Miller and in particular, his inability to wear his glasses in an acceptable fashion.

When he's articulating in his moany and sometimes disturbingly aggressive persona, I'm obliged to construct an image of him with his squinty specs and that dent in his expansive forehead.

IMG_9830.JPG

13 minutes ago, sophia said:

Whilst acknowledging that visual presentation is not a prerequisite for radio, I have an irrational antipathy towards Willie Miller and in particular, his inability to wear his glasses in an acceptable fashion.

When he's articulating in his moany and sometimes disturbingly aggressive persona, I'm obliged to construct an image of him with his squinty specs and that dent in his expansive forehead.

IMG_9830.JPG

blasphemy.gif

13 hours ago, bennett said:

Doesn't he do some celtic YouTube show with Peter Martin and Alan Rough now?

McManus is a regular contributor on PLZ Soccer’s YouTube show. Whether it’s a ‘Celtic YouTube show’ is probably a matter of opinion - they did have Charlie Adam & Richard Foster as regular contributors last season. Not really sure how popular it is as a programme but it seems to have been running daily for quite some time now.

I feel the lack of a Monday night show to recap/discuss all the weekend's games/ talking points is a bit of a miss.
5 Live do the Monday Night Club, and I used to mainly enjoy the equivalent with Broadfoot, English and Levein.
Sportsound at one point was on every evening, and whilst that was possibly overkill, a regular Monday show would perhaps make sense.

On 20/08/2022 at 21:35, BucksburnDandy said:

First time I've listened to it under McIntyre today and this sums it up. I don't want to hear about who hit the hardest shot or refereeing during the games, I want to hear scores, scorers and the key incidents.

For all those who slagged Richard Gordon off over the years, he held the show together. Leanne probably should get the gig and get Kenny back to pissing off Jack Ross.

A great shout. Leanne would do a decent job.

Kenny Mac can get so far to f**k. Unlistenable, OF-obsessed shite presently

43 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I feel the lack of a Monday night show to recap/discuss all the weekend's games/ talking points is a bit of a miss.

5 Live do the Monday Night Club, and I used to mainly enjoy the equivalent with Broadfoot, English and Levein.

Sportsound at one point was on every evening, and whilst that was perhaps overkill, a regular Monday show would perhaps make sense.

Yeah personally used to enjoy it despite English and Levein being tools. 

BBC cutbacks stopped it. 

Yeah the Monday night show was decent listening, if infuriating at times. 

Every night could have worked but they couldn’t bring themselves to research more than two topics so they ended up having different pundits discuss the same OF related controversies every night of the week. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Every night could have worked but they couldn’t bring themselves to research more than two topics so they ended up having different pundits discuss the same OF related controversies every night of the week. 

Was great listen to Toms breakdown on a weekly basis as Hearts' appeal against relegation then compensation was dismissed and laughed at time after time. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

They used to do a lower league show (on a Thursday maybe) and it's not as if there isn't enough talking points to do a nightly show. 

Monday - go over the weekend games, maybe focusing on the big talking points.

Tuesday - an interview with an ex-player, either serious or in the style of the "Sacked in the Morning" show

Wednesday - things you might have missed, more quirky things or highlighting players that have went under the radar.

Thursday - lower league show.

Friday - weekend preview show. 

Not sure how that is something that would cost a lot to produce?

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

They used to do a lower league show (on a Thursday maybe) and it's not as if there isn't enough talking points to do a nightly show. 

Monday - go over the weekend games, maybe focusing on the big talking points.

Tuesday - an interview with an ex-player, either serious or in the style of the "Sacked in the Morning" show

Wednesday - things you might have missed, more quirky things or highlighting players that have went under the radar.

Thursday - lower league show.

Friday - weekend preview show. 

Not sure how that is something that would cost a lot to produce?

I’d prefer 5 nights of ‘who’s better - Morelos or eduoard???!’