Sportsound Watch

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Could have been one for two on his watch.

I'm just a bit sorry for Gordon, as an Aberdeen fan he's never presented the show when Aberdeen have won the Scottish Cup.  Even more disappointing for him when you look who have won it:

Celtic

Rangers

Hibs

Hearts

Dundee Utd

St Johnstone

Kilmarnock 

Inverness

Is the petrofc final on a Sunday?  Perhaps he can host the show with Aberdeen in the final next season - all the best RG. :)

Only wee diddy, yo-yo clubs have been relegated & played in the lower leagues.

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I’m not sure how you could dislike Richard Gordon, he pretty much carries buffoons like Willie Miller and Bonner and is impartial as they come really. Was disappointed to hear this and I fear it’s going to be a total shit show now.

As long as it’s not that *** walloper McIntyre. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

This will be really interesting to see what they do with a Saturday programme that has been treading water for years. 

Richard Gordon will be a loss but it gives the BBC a chance to really shake things up.

Jane Lewis it is then... 

FFS, I couldn’t listen to her mispronounce names, get names wrong & generally just talk utter shite about a subject she’s clearly got scant knowledge of.

A bit like listening to Pat Bonner. 

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Sheep lashing out at any criticism of their wee media chum is as cute as it is predictable.

It reminds me of their manufactured rivalry with their Rangers chums.

Fairly sure you lashed out at a much loved presenter be because he was mean to hibs about 10 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fairly sure you lashed out at a much loved presenter be because he was mean to hibs about 10 years ago. 

You get a greenie because that actually put a smile on my puss. Which Hibs haven't managed this season.👍

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Sheep lashing out at any criticism of their wee media chum is as cute as it is predictable.

It reminds me of their manufactured rivalry with their Rangers chums.

They guys still think Willie Miller is a good manager, fantastic pundit and an outstanding businessman.   You are right it is quite cute how they come together to defend one of their own.  Probably the only support in the country that backed McLeish for the Scotland job second time around too. 

4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

How is it we are we losing Richard Gordon before Chick Young? How?

Young said he was retiring then fucked off to talk some shite on Championship games and appear on the Sunday version.  I'm sure that will be similar to Richard Gordon now.  Talk shite on a sunday then pretend to be at Ibrox covering Europa League on a Thursday after gushing over Ange on a Tues/Weds while Celtc are getting roasted every game. 

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

They guys still think Willie Miller is a good manager, fantastic pundit and an outstanding businessman.   You are right it is quite cute how they come together to defend one of their own.  Probably the only support in the country that backed McLeish for the Scotland job second time around too. 

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

I'm not sure any of them are daft enough to take that hook, but let's see......

To be fair to Richard Gordon his presenting of the show when we won the cup was outstanding at a time while Chick Young and others are sitting being virtually sick making up stories of Rangers players being attacked on the pitch he was very complimentary when you listen to the podcast (and I have about a thousand times). 

4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's us Dandies, and fans of quality sports broadcasting, who should be upset and yet somehow its hibs fans who have managed to completely lose their place. Incredible work. 

Do you blame me/us?  He's the voice of Sportsound/Saturday afternoons for the majority of my football listening life.  Gutted at the news.   It would only cheer me up if he was a long lost relation of our owner Ronald and we have promoted him to executive vice president of Hibernian. 

Gordon is the only decent person on Sportsound. Knowledgeable, neutral (as he can be), laid back, articulate, and doesn't waffle. The BBC do not have anyone else who has even one of those attributes. The end of an era.

Yes him leaving truly is the end of an era.  Guys honestly been the glue that’s held the show together for all these years.  As for who should replace him.  Close your eyes and picture this name on the commentary and tell me your not interested.

Bobcat Goldthwait.

84C1DF70-1A9C-4E0D-8B4E-5859B8F38CB2.jpeg