Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, A96 said:

You forgot to mention Richard Foster , Derek Ferguson and Mark Hateley who are often wheeled out for hvns games.  You can also add ex-hvns Rory Loy and  Cammy Bell , although to be fair , any time I’ve heard them they’re not really at the Charlie Adam level of pro-hvnnery.

And we can’t overlook the extent of presenter Kenny McIntyre’s undying love for them.

Yeah, but apart from all of them, as Bennett says, Sportsound hates Rangers. Never has the phrase “yeah, but what have the Romans done for us” been more appropriate. 

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Yeah, but apart from all of them, as Bennett says, Sportsound hates Rangers. Never has the phrase “yeah, but what have the Romans done for us” been more appropriate. 

The Romans were catholic

On 18/04/2022 at 08:46, Sarto Mutiny said:

Aye, I thought Neil McCann being a Celtic fan as a kid was common knowledge. I mean, I knew it, and I know nothing.

I knew that too. But he is undoubtedly a currant bun now regardless of his pretence to be more of the diet variety.

Alan "biscuits" Preston was also a Rangers fan growing up in Leith.

Now he is a squealing wee lassie on the radio Hearts fan.

As far as I am concerned, anybody who changes their team is OFTW

7 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Does anyone know why they seem to have stopped doing the Monday night show hosted by Kenny McIntyre? Used to be one of my go to Podcasts.

Aye same here. We seem to have gone from one every weekday, to only a Monday night to now f**k all apart from post match reactions getting uploaded. Probably blamed by budget cuts etc but surely to f**k they don’t cost a fortune to do.

Edited by Staggie_93

15 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Does anyone know why they seem to have stopped doing the Monday night show hosted by Kenny McIntyre? Used to be one of my go to Podcasts.

This is perhaps one for a separate thread, but imo the entire BBC Sportsound format (not just the Monday show / podcast) is being overtaken by other outlets.

If you want a one club view, there are loads of fan led podcasts out there - yes the quality is variable, but you wont get 50% of the time spent up Anges hoop, or tedious "what do we think Gio will do now, even though we cant interview him" chat from the same tired contributers.

There are also general podcasts (The Terrace for example) if you want a wider and non Premiership focus.

When I listen (or watch in the case of Terrace TV) to the output of these alternatives, it becomes quickly apparent how poor the output is from the BBC, given its larger budget. 

I have become more and more frustrated with BBC Scotland, their fixation with the 2 largest clubs, and the unconscious (and at times overt) bias they display.

My only disappointment is that there isnt an alternative for live commentary on matchdays and then I could ignore it completely.

12 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Aye same here. We seem to have gone from one every weekday, to only a Monday night to now f**k all apart from post match reactions getting uploaded. Probably blamed by budget cuts etc but surely to f**k they don’t cost a fortune to do.

It's a shame, because although The Terrace and Open Goal are great on their own merits, the Scottish Football Podcase (aka Sportsound) was usually an interesting listen, in particular when you had the likes of Levein, Tom English or Daryl Broadfoot on. Without any fan fair, they seem to have just stopped doing it earlier this season.

Not Sportsound but I'll moan about it on here anyway.

That insufferable tit, Phil Goodlad, managed to bug me again on GMS this morning.

He covered the story of Nouble saying that Dick Campbell made him feel like Pele, by first of all calling him Frank, his brother's name, rather than Joe.

He also referred to him as "the Arbroath player" rather than as the since recalled Livingston player who spent the early part of the season on loan at Arbroath.  It's quite clear he knows nothing about the big game he was attempting to preview. 

Even if his style of delivery didn't point towards someone who never mastered reading, or even talking, the content of what he says should be enough to land him in custody.

On 22/04/2022 at 07:05, Leith Green said:

This is perhaps one for a separate thread, but imo the entire BBC Sportsound format (not just the Monday show / podcast) is being overtaken by other outlets.

If you want a one club view, there are loads of fan led podcasts out there - yes the quality is variable, but you wont get 50% of the time spent up Anges hoop, or tedious "what do we think Gio will do now, even though we cant interview him" chat from the same tired contributers.

There are also general podcasts (The Terrace for example) if you want a wider and non Premiership focus.

When I listen (or watch in the case of Terrace TV) to the output of these alternatives, it becomes quickly apparent how poor the output is from the BBC, given its larger budget. 

I have become more and more frustrated with BBC Scotland, their fixation with the 2 largest clubs, and the unconscious (and at times overt) bias they display.

My only disappointment is that there isnt an alternative for live commentary on matchdays and then I could ignore it completely.

I used to listen to every midweek Sportsound on the podcast the day after, but I've found this season I've generally just listened to a club-focused fan podcast of whoever Hearts are playing that week when I've been able to find one as well as the Scarves Around the Funnel Hearts podcast.

Much more clued-up and I've quite enjoyed going into games knowing what to look for from the perspective of the other team's fans' view on their team.

Edited by VincentGuerin

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I used to listen to every midweek Sportsound on the podcast the day after, but I've found this season I've generally just listened to a club-focused fan podcast of whoever Hearts are playing that week when I've been able to find one as well as the Scarves Around the Funnel Hearts podcast.

Much more clued-up and I've quite enjoyed going into games knowing what to look for from the perspective of the other team's fans' view on their team.

That’s like spying, b*****d